Elevation screen for RR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevation screen for RR

This new little script give you the slope of the road where you are.

It's cool in 4x4 or when you are in mountain !
    The screen is just for to give you an example:

I need to test it in real situation (i have not CarPc).
    If you use it , please say me if this script run well in metre and in miles!!!

History:
    V0.5 12/11/2010
    If your altitude is negative, the up or down indicator give the good picture.
    The arrows pictures are on the good skin folder.

V0.4 09/09/2010
    SAPI Vocal Alarm Option
    (This version is already compatible with the v0.3d WEBRADIO script that add a WEBRADIOTRACKNAME label)

V0.3 08/09/2010
    Now the vertical slider give you the slope between +45 -45
    (Thanks to JohnWPB for this good idea and thanks to the french autoit forum for his help!)

V0.2 07/09/2010
    Can use miles or metre units( heu, i think !)

V0.1 01/09/2010
    First version
    Attached Files
    yes
    83.33%
    no
    16.67%

Where can I download? Where do I install the script? Where does the script get the info? GPS? Sensor?

Thanks. This is cool.
    CAR: 2007 G35 Sport Coupe 5AT
    HARDWARE: Dell D630 w/ dock, internal 80G HD, internal 320G HD, Verizon Wireless Card, iBlue GM-2 GPS w/iGuidance, OBDPros w/DashCommand, Visteon HD Radio w/ Home Made Cable, Current Version of RR w/ DFX Skin. My Install.

Comment

Originally posted by drewbp View Post
      Where can I download? Where do I install the script? Where does the script get the info? GPS? Sensor?

Thanks. This is cool.

Thanks,

The first post is updated and you can to test it now.
      The gps info are got directly from RR.

Comment

First post is updated with the slider for the skin.

Comment

Also elevation here in the U.S. means distance above sea level. Grade would be the slope of the hill you are on. I also only have it on my test computer, but will check it this weekend.
          CAR: 2007 G35 Sport Coupe 5AT
          HARDWARE: Dell D630 w/ dock, internal 80G HD, internal 320G HD, Verizon Wireless Card, iBlue GM-2 GPS w/iGuidance, OBDPros w/DashCommand, Visteon HD Radio w/ Home Made Cable, Current Version of RR w/ DFX Skin. My Install.

Comment

This looks promising, and a nice bit of information to have available.

I have found a few problems though, sorry.....

- The GPSSIGNAL sliders are missing from the .zip file
            - The images in the top right are also missing from the .zip
            - While sitting still (GPS hooked to my desktop PC) I am getting really crazy readings for the % of incline. (2627% incline?! haha) It look like it needs some sort of error trap to only read between 0 and 90 degrees. BTW, I have 9 satellites locked when I took the screen capture.

On another note, I think it would be better to use the RR sliders instead of using the old style individual image ones. This way the slider bar would move up and down.

Oh, and Yes, that 37 feet altitude is correct, as I live in South Florida, and it is pretty much FLAT here
            Attached Files
            Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

It's normal , I am not solved the calculation in miles.

The script run well only in metre , but if think to work on the miles option as soon as possible .

Do you think to use it ?

First post is updated

Comment

This new version run in miles as in metre .

With certainly some bugs !

I have tried to add, (just for test )some swf dfx4 files, but all don't run , and i don't know why.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
                  On another note, I think it would be better to use the RR sliders instead of using the old style individual image ones. This way the slider bar would move up and down.
                  What is the good format please?

Do you have an example ?

Comment

It is actually pretty easy, being you are using a script to calculate the slider bars already.

Put this line of code in your skin:

S,725,77,70,447,720,77,60,447,v,01,"Bar.png",60,"$ ElevSlider$",

Now, in your script you just need to set the limit of the $ElevSlider$ variable to be between 0 and 65535. For instance 32767 would be the very center, or the middle, of the slider.

Being there are 20 steps of this slider, the formula to calculate it would be

$ElevPosition = ($YourNumber * 65535)/20
                    rr.Execute ("SetVar;ElevSlider;" & ElevPosition)

Where your number is between 1 and 20. It is best to round the number up to 1 so there is no division or multiplication by 0.

To test it to see how it works, its best to put that line in a skin, and in the skin tool fire the command SetVar;ElevSlider;32650. By changing that number you will see the slider move in the skin. Once you see that, it should be fairly simple to figure it out
                    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
                      It is actually pretty easy, being you are using a script to calculate the slider bars already.

Put this line of code in your skin:

S,725,77,70,447,720,77,60,447,v,01,"Bar.png",60,"$ ElevSlider$",

Now, in your script you just need to set the limit of the $ElevSlider$ variable to be between 0 and 65535. For instance 32767 would be the very center, or the middle, of the slider.

Being there are 20 steps of this slider, the formula to calculate it would be

$ElevPosition = ($YourNumber * 65535)/20
                      rr.Execute ("SetVar;ElevSlider;" & ElevPosition)

Where your number is between 1 and 20. It is best to round the number up to 1 so there is no division or multiplication by 0.

To test it to see how it works, its best to put that line in a skin, and in the skin tool fire the command SetVar;ElevSlider;32650. By changing that number you will see the slider move in the skin. Once you see that, it should be fairly simple to figure it out
                      I am sorry but it is exactly that i do.

I have that the the skin file:
                      Code:
                      S02,760,80,19,151,545,75,35,30,V,02,"",015,"$DISTANCESLIDER$",""
                      and that into my autoit script:
                      Code:
                      global $distanceSlider = IniRead("Settings.ini", "Elevation", "distance", "");500
                      global $multiplier = 65536/$distanceSlider
                      $rr.execute("SETVAR;DISTANCESLIDER;"&$distance * $multiplier)

Comment

The difference is you are using the individual images in the "DistanceSliderImages" folder:
                        slider_0.png
                        slider_1.png
                        slider_2.png
                        slider_3.png.... all the way up to 20.

With the dynamic slider line from above, all you need is a single image, the pointer.png. That single image "slides" up and down on the screen based on the variable.

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Do you prefer that?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I guess I am lost here.... I thought this script was just to tell the slope that you were driving on, either going up a hill, or down a hill and how steep.

What is the distance for, and why does distance need a slider?

I was thinking the slider was for the slope itself. In the screen capture below, the red line is at 0[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/John/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG], this would mean that you are driving on level ground. If you go down a hill, that slider should move down the slider, depending on how steep the hill is.

I still have no idea where the 5418% is coming from.... I have the GPS sitting on the desk next to me, so it is staying level. Should this not read 0%?
                            Attached Files

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

I have add a slider just for to do a slider test.
                              It is the first time that i try to use a slider on a autoit script. The slider's setting is defined :
                              distance=500 .
                              With that setting the distance between the first point and le last point is 500m.
                              Also, each 500m, the script give a new slope value.

The slider give a distance, not an angle ! That would be a good idea to change that!
                              I don't know if I am able to do that, but i can to try .

The final script will have a specific GoogleMaps option who will give the slope of a track.

The swf additions are just for a test. As you can see , they don't run on this screen.

Can you try only on metre and say me if you have always a slope too big ? (> 45% is very dangerous !!!!)

Comment

Working...
                              X