Weather incorrect and wont update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather incorrect and wont update

I know I've seen the answer for this, but I can't find it anywhere. My weather info is 'stuck'. It says it's 66 and sunny with a 0% chance of rain and has for about a month. Looking out the window, it's 16 and snowing......

When I switch to another city, or hit the reload button, it acts like it is trying to change, but just goes back to the same info. I seem to remember Mitch suggesting to clear a file that was the cache, but I can't find it....

Help me Mitch, you're my only hope.... (I have to quit watching so many Star Wars parodies.....)

You are correct. There were more than 2 steps and it required me to click on something and do something else.....

I have it on a jump drive and will give it a shot waiting for the engine to warm up after work.

Comment

btw, the newest RR installer has the new weather... it would only be as up to date as the date of the installer, but it is the new weather
      -Thanks
      Mitch
      www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
      May healing waters bury all my pain
      Wind, Carry me home
      The fabric of reality is tearing apart
      The piece of me that died
      Will return To live again

Comment

I tried the new beta weather, and still no joy. Just blanks now and it's always 66 now. No icons. Nothing. The 4 day looks nice. Supposed to be 71 later this week. Of course the actual forecast is for like 40.....

Comment

are you testing with carwings?
          -Thanks
          Mitch
          www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
          May healing waters bury all my pain
          Wind, Carry me home
          The fabric of reality is tearing apart
          The piece of me that died
          Will return To live again

Comment

The new dll can work with the old weather.com api (now disabled by them) and with the new api which requires a key you obtain registering on their website (instructions on the plugin thread) - if you got a key and placed it in rr.ini you should be ok, if not, it will likely remain "stuck" since weather.com stopped providing their api for free.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Where have I heard that before..... I did find it.

Comment

I was poking around the rr.ini doing the beta changes. I noticed that the
                localdatacaptureinterval=60
                weatherupdateinterval=5
                instead of both being 0's. I'm not sure when I changed those or if I ment to, but once I put them back, it started working.

Comment

Hi,

I just install the new weather plug beta yesterday and all are fine.

http://www.mp3car.com/rr-released-pl...ugin-beta.html

Mainly to do is install new DLL file and apply account in http://www.wunderground.com , and follow the instruction to apply the developer (something like that) to get the KEY, the key need to write back in RR.ini.
                  weatherundergroundkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (where xxxxxxxxxxxxx is your key)

Lastly, change the cityweatherid to City, State if in USA, you can simply go to this weather website to input your weather area, after done, write another area, your first area will place under the input box, you can use this for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfSkin View Post
                    Hi,

I just install the new weather plug beta yesterday and all are fine.

http://www.mp3car.com/rr-released-pl...ugin-beta.html

Mainly to do is install new DLL file and apply account in http://www.wunderground.com , and follow the instruction to apply the developer (something like that) to get the KEY, the key need to write back in RR.ini.
                    weatherundergroundkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (where xxxxxxxxxxxxx is your key)

Lastly, change the cityweatherid to City, State if in USA, you can simply go to this weather website to input your weather area, after done, write another area, your first area will place under the input box, you can use this for reference.
                    Does the weather now work? Mine does not show any data. Is there a step by step somewhere showing details on where to "install new DLL file", and "change the cityweatherid"... I have a wunderground account and have put my key in the RR.INI "weatherundergroundkey=xxxxxxxxx". What am I doing wrong? Also is it normal to have riderunner.exe, AND roadrunner.exe running in task manager? And rr.ini is in the C:\Program Files\Road Runner folder and not in the Ride Runner folder?

Any help would be appreciated!

Sorry for all the questions..

Comment

Hi, am new, posted earlier and I see the long winded list of questions I posted is gone. Maybe a good thing... Just asked if the weather plugin is working now. I can't get mine to work. Have a Wunderground key and put that in the rr.ini... registered the plugin. Believe I have the new weather dll... If it flat doesnt work please would someone let me know so I can save what hair is left on my head!

Thanks!

Comment

BRfan, the only way you would have a Road Runner folder still is if you didn't clean up your old Road Runner install. RideRunner will only look in two places for the rr.ini. In its current folder, or in Documents\RideRunner\Config, the latter being the newer Profile mode as to run under vista/w7 w/o UAC issues.
                        RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                        Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                        RRMedia
                        RRExtended
                        DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

I figured this out early this am. Added wundergroundkey to proper rr.ini file and it works! Thanks Blue for the reply. Yep I didnt realize you need to remove Road runner before installing ride runner... Even tho, seems odd to me that Road Runner.exe AND Ride Runner.exe starts when I load Ride Runner? Guess I have created a mess.

Comment

Working...
                          X