Radiator support?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator support?

I noticed in another thread that radiator support wasnt removed, but just left out of being coded back in as a plugin (so kinda removed).

I have been using radiator over the past 4 or 5 years to run my SAA731x tuner card with the fly2000fm.dll
    I'm not sure if its the fly2000fm dll that would need to be coded into ride runner, or if its radiator itself.

the only solution ive thought of would be to send "activate" commands from the frontend followed by sendkey events to control radiator, but it just seems like a hacky mess the more i think about it. i've noticed when looking through some code for a remote for radiator that it seems to be sending wm_ commands to radiator for remote control. could these be sent by riderunner using current commands or is there something that needs hard coded?

thanks,
    mike

radiator support was removed maybe 2 or 3 years ago...maybe more now, 1 its not a radio, 2(radiator) itself hasnt been updated in long long long time
    thats exactly what RR did, was just send messages to radiator
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

Comment

I havent really followed the path of roadrunner for the past couple years, i got married and didnt have time to tinker with things. now that i'm free of that prison, i can spend more time on toys is rr open source? if possible i could look at old/new code and see if i can just compile my own. it was working just fine the way i had it, i'd rather not have to go out and buy a compatable analog radio turner just because i wanted rrfuelprices and weather to work instead :/ seems funny to not actually have a 'radio' in my car when i'm driving now.

Comment

no rr isnt open source, hasnt been in quite some time (years)
        also, none of the radios are in the core code
        they are all radio modules
        so in theory one could be coded for radator, but its prob not practical for my time to be spent on it...1 radiator doesnt run on win7 x64, 2, i have NON of those OLD tuners it supports
        i could share with you for example, the to like the old dlink (no one uses it anyway)...and you try to get it to work...its prob all about sending messages
        where are u in USA?
        -Thanks
        Mitch
        www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
        Wind, Carry me home

Comment

i'm in pittsburgh, pa. do the existing modules interface with the tuner driver itself? how would i go about writing my own module to interface with the philips based card that i have? (any links you have on module creation and documentation would be useful, seems documentation for this project is spread everywhere and finding what i'm looking for is like rooting through my mothers basement...) i have no problem getting my hands dirty trying to make some things work. I also have an external usb tv tuner, adaptec avc3610 but i doubt theres ANY support available for it, since even drivers for xp are rare to find. do you know of any recommended low priced analog tv/fm tuners that i could get that riderunner would support out of the box?

Comment

Originally posted by pepsimachine View Post
            do you know of any recommended low priced analog tv/fm tuners that i could get that riderunner would support out of the box?
            Silabs USB FM Tuner, ADS Tech USB FM, and another I can't think of at the moment. All support RDS and transmit stereo audio over the USB. Cost - under $25.
            HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

get the ADS on ebay... $10

but if you want a better tuner, get the Directed HD Radio... its AM FM (HD Radio) its cheap $$$ and the ONLY real tuner made for automotive use
              the ADS/Silabs is NOT!
              -Thanks
              Mitch
              www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
              Wind, Carry me home

Comment