No announcement yet.

Any interest in a google music plugin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any interest in a google music plugin?

Personally i love google music and use it on every device BUT my car PC, but I want to take a census on the number of people who would considering using it in the car if it were available.

The idea would essentially be two fold:

1)Stream your google music to your car PC.

orrrrrr

2)Use Google Music as a synchronization tool, basically allowing you to update your hard drive with all tracks stored by Google Music. Simple, convenient, quiet.

Either option would allow you to make use of the Google Music "smart" playlists (Last added, similar music etc) without having to build a local database.

Option 1 can already be done by the use of this unofficial API. I've currently got code that will stream my google music tracks to winamp in the same manor my RRPandora/RRShoutcast do now. Option 2 will of course require more work, but at least for me would essentially kill two birds with one stone, as i'm still updating tracks with a flash drive and another private plugin i created.

So how about it fellas? Discuss and shoot me some things i may/may not be missing. Is this worth pursuing?
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

This is a nice thing about Google Play. I think it'd be a good idea as Google Play becomes more popular. It's definitely nice having you're music handy wherever you go.

Comment

Could be useful, I like the idea of being able to stream your own music.

With the sychronization tool I wouldn't have to keep a large sized storage drive in my vehicles. Even with the Google smart playlists I think you should have an option to fire off a RRMedia database update after sync.
      TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
      BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
      BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

Cool... I know I'm not the best one to bring this up but, what about the other uncompleted PI's of yours??? Or are we now all going for who can have the most unfinished plugins... PI in mind here is the Google Calendar.
        RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
        Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
        RRMedia
        RRExtended
        DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Google has a bad track record of canceling services... I'm not buying into this one personally.

Comment

That is a good point...not purposely trying to point out the cons here.
            RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
            Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
            Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
            RRMedia
            RRExtended
            DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
              Cool... I know I'm not the best one to bring this up but
              TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
              BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
              BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

Booouuuuu, Google Music services don't run in France !

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
                  Cool... I know I'm not the best one to bring this up but, what about the other uncompleted PI's of yours??? Or are we now all going for who can have the most unfinished plugins... PI in mind here is the Google Calendar.
                  This is a discussion thread in the discussion section of RR Plugins subforum. Whether or not it gets past that depends on interest. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like individual status updates on plugins unrelated to this thread.

Originally posted by dmcdlrn View Post
                  Google has a bad track record of canceling services... I'm not buying into this one personally.
                  You're worried that they'll cancel the Google music service entirely or that this unofficial API will cease to work? They aren't going to cancel the service entirely, and they're currently working with private APIs (albeit for android for now). Despite my optimism, I do have the concern of working on a project that can be snatched out from underneath me, but honestly, every plugin that uses an external service has potential for that. The way i see it, something else will always come along
                  mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                  Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                  Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I know this is for road runner, but I would be interested if it was a centrafuse plugin
                    2007 Ford Focus
                    Project Page
                    Software - Win7, Centrafuse, Firefox, MediaMonkey, Trillian
                    Hardware - Intel X25-M 80GB SSD , VIA C7, Jetway J7F5M-VDE, Kingston 1GB RAM, Preassembled 2Din Frame w/7" Lilliput EBY701
                    Planning: 85%
                    Parts: 95%
                    Install:75%

Comment

I am interested! Id be more than happy to help test. :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X