Open Source Calendar/Alarm/Planner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Source Calendar/Alarm/Planner

I did a little searching and I found Rainlendar. It's a open source calendar with a todo list, eventlist, pop up reminder (you can also use a wav file for alarm). It has lots of features and it looks pretty easy to skin. You can send some commands (!Bangs) to it but not very many. We would probably need a plugin to edit the todo list and the event list.

Anyway it's open source so maybe one of you coders can take a look at it.

Guino, maybe you could just integrate this into Road Runner!

Updated 02/04/2006

The Road Runner Skin Files. Alpine (Amber) Calendar.zip or Alpine (Blue) Calendar.zip

The Calendar Program (configured with Rainlendar skin) Rainlendar (Skinned). Extract it to your Road Runner Dir.

And here's the button command (I used it on the Phone button in the main menu) "LOAD;Calendar.SKIN;Rainlendar;C:\Program Files\RoadRunner\Rainlendar-0.22\Rainlendar.exe;Rainlendar","Rainlendar"

I just updated the Amber skin it now has a OSK button and I added A Blue skin. The calender has been updated also.
    It's the cake having/eating thing.

Did anyone try this program?

I did a little skining, and here's what I came up with.

The to do list showing.

The event list showing.

Here's what I need to be able to skin.

Todo edit.

Mark todo.

Edit event.

Anyway if you want to give it a try here are the files.

The Road Runner Skin Files. Alpine (Amber) Calendar.zip

The Calendar Program (configured with Rainlendar skin) Rainlendar (Amber). Extract it to your Road Runner Dir.

And here's the button command (I used it on the Phone button in the main menu) "LOAD;Calendar.SKIN;Rainlendar;C:\Program Files\RoadRunner\Rainlendar-0.22\Rainlendar.exe;Rainlendar","Rainlendar"

Comment

looks promising

Comment

very cool, i actually had this app on my pc for a while now, but never got around to actually seeing if it was good enough. Looks like ill have to take a crack at it.
        01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
        01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
        mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Nice is the to do list OSK capable as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob343
            Nice is the to do list OSK capable as well?
            I havn't tried that yet, I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in wrighting a plugin or modify the source, before I go to far with skinning.

Edit: I just tested it with "APPOSK" and it does work.

Comment

looks like a nice little app
              2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Shame it does not support Syncml - thats a more common standard especially in mobile phones ie Nokia / SE etc.

That been said I think Outlook supports Ical.

Ideally if you want to go down this route you need a server system thats compatible with most devices so you can display at home, at work, on the web, on your phone and CarPC as well as been sharable.

I'm currently looking at http://www.funambol.com/opensource/ which seems better for all of the above and and been open source I think you will find Guino can intergrate better.

Terran
                My Project Site

Comment

Has anyone made a default BMV2 skin of this?
                  ````` _____||.\__
                  .:.:.:.:.:.:;!_(o)______(o)'i
                  TruckputerX - Vortech SuperCharger Vid
                  TruckputerX Progress Bar [|||||||||-] 90% Complete [It's never 100% done]

Comment

Originally posted by ccsnet
                    Shame it does not support Syncml - thats a more common standard especially in mobile phones ie Nokia / SE etc.

That been said I think Outlook supports Ical.

Ideally if you want to go down this route you need a server system thats compatible with most devices so you can display at home, at work, on the web, on your phone and CarPC as well as been sharable.

I'm currently looking at http://www.funambol.com/opensource/ which seems better for all of the above and and been open source I think you will find Guino can intergrate better.

Terran
                    Ummm, o.k............ That's not really where I was going with this, but I suppose that it would give it more flexability.

Here's what I was thinking. Lets say your son says "Hey dad I have a baseball game at 5:30 on wednesday". You could then set an event on the calendar, and on your way home from work on wednesday the alarm goes BZZZZZ and the little popup displays "Don't forget your sons baseball game".

Since most of us don't spend a lot of time in the car every day, we only need alarms at a time when we are in the car, or maybe in the morning to remind of things to do that day.

Comment

Originally posted by more mods
                      Ummm, o.k............ That's not really where I was going with this, but I suppose that it would give it more flexability.

Here's what I was thinking. Lets say your son says "Hey dad I have a baseball game at 5:30 on wednesday". You could then set an event on the calendar, and on your way home from work on wednwsday the alarm goes BZZZZZ and the little popup displays "Don't forget your sons baseball game".

Since most of us don't spend a lot of time in the car every day, we only need alarms at a time when we are in the car, or maybe in the morning to remind of things to do that day.
                      Or even... Son sets calander event via his mobile.... Mum gets a notification on her PC at home to get his kit ready and Dad gets the reminder while on the move... thats where Funthingy comes in to its own.... part of the reason I am looking at it is that I am trying to intergrate all the familes data at home inc task lists etc - ie while out get milk and so on.

Terran
                      My Project Site

Comment

Originally posted by ccsnet
                        Or even... Son sets calander event via his mobile.... Mum gets a notification on her PC at home to get his kit ready and Dad gets the reminder while on the move... thats where Funthingy comes in to its own.... part of the reason I am looking at it is that I am trying to intergrate all the familes data at home inc task lists etc - ie while out get milk and so on.

Terran
                        I understand what you mean, but I'm not sure how you would manage it. Lets say you set an event in the car and you want to sync it with every one in the family and a few close friends. Some of them have the device (laptop phone, PC's) on and some are off. How would you deal with the devices that are turned off? If you are in the car you wouldn't want to leave it on all the time to keep sending until someone turns on a laptop, or to listen for updates.

I'm not putting your idea down, it's actual the ultimate way to keep up with things. I guess I just don't understand how it would work. How would you make sure everyone was updated?

Comment

Originally posted by more mods
                          How would you deal with the devices that are turned off? If you are in the car you wouldn't want to leave it on all the time to keep sending until someone turns on a laptop, or to listen for updates.

I guess you would sync up to a PC/server that is on all the time, and when a device becomes active it picks up any updates and sends out it's own.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer
                            I guess you would sync up to a PC/server that is on all the time, and when a device becomes active it picks up any updates and sends out it's own.
                            I guess so.

Comment

Working...
                            X