A small app for rr to monitor cd drive and tell rr if it contains music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A small app for rr to monitor cd drive and tell rr if it contains music

Edit Update: Uploaded another zip. There are were still problems being reported eith the SysTray.ocx so I included a installer for the complete package to help simplify things.

Edit Update: Uploaded a new zip file with the installer for the systray.ocx that the CD Drive Monitor program needs

Hello all, I have created a small aplication that monitores the cd drive on your system and then sends any command you choose to RR when that drive contains music.

I created this application so that if I put a music cd in my drive the skin would automatically switch to a cd player screen and using b8bboi's cfx bat files load that cd into the play list. It works very well. The zip file includes the binary and the source code.

I would like to thank guino for the work on the rr sdk which got me pointed in the right direction and b8bboi for the use of his bat files.
    CDMonitor.zip
    APPS:
    "RR CD Drive Monitor"

Skins:
    Download the "MAS" beta here...
    New! The Skin Skin community project.

Good idea!
    Send all file to Guino, for implement this in RR update version.

Mauri

Comment

Well, I told guino if he wanted a copy just ask and he didn't ask. I don't want to bother him he is a busy man already.
      APPS:
      "RR CD Drive Monitor"

Skins:

Comment

this is a cool idea. I love Road Runner but it needs some better support for the basics.

For people that Watch DVD's and listen to CD's Road runner is a bit clunky. It would be nice to have better CD support. Its not crucial but it would be nice. I remember guino saying his plan was to write a CD playing and ripping plugin but he just hasent gotten around
        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet05
          Well, I told guino if he wanted a copy just ask and he didn't ask. I don't want to bother him he is a busy man already.
          I do want a copy.. I just can't keep up with everything going on here.. I'm just not all seeing... post it on my ftp site (link on skins list thread) or email it to me (email is on my profile), and I'll put it up on RR's site for whoever wishes to use it. If you provide me the sources I might even make some improvements (if I see any needs for such).
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

@guino the zip file at the top of the thread has the binary and source included but I will be shooting you am e-mail to make sure you get it.

The code that monitors the drive is acctually very simple and one improvement I see already for v1.1 is the ability to search sub folders so you don't have to have at least one music file in the root directory.
            APPS:
            "RR CD Drive Monitor"

Skins:

Comment

Well?? Anyone using this yet? Comments? Questions?
              APPS:
              "RR CD Drive Monitor"

Skins:

Comment

SysTray.ocx

Sweet05,

I'd love to try this out, sounds exactly what I have been looking for! However, I get an error saying I need SysTray.ocx, where can I get that? I downloaded one, but I think it's a different version to what you used.

Keep up the good work!
                Dean
                First Integra car PC:
                [XXXXXXXXXX] - 100% done, now removed and sold to be put into a BMW

Second Integra car PC Worklog:
                [XXXXXXXXX.] - 95% done, PC in the car and running. Fine tuning in progress...

Comment

I just found an even easier way to make this work, without needing any extra software running. See my thread here:
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77315
                  First Integra car PC:

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the ocx I am going to package it in the zip file right now. I am also using b8bboi's bat files. I edited mine a bit to allow me to load 2 or 3 cd's in a row with out loosing the saved playlist from the cd's saving over top of it.
                    APPS:
                    "RR CD Drive Monitor"

Skins:

Comment

New zip uploaded with the systray.ocx installer included
                      APPS:
                      "RR CD Drive Monitor"

Skins:

Comment

Uploaded another zip which contains an installer for the entire package. This should greatly simplify things.
                        APPS:
                        "RR CD Drive Monitor"

Skins:

Comment

Nice app Sweet05, I would be using it now had I not discovered the autoplay hack. Very useful for people not running the windows explorer shell though!

Also, you must use the eject button on your CD drive? Or have multiple CD drives? Otherwise, why do you need to have multiple levels of playlist restore? The way mine works, you put in a cd and it plays it, you eject (using a button on the skin, no eject button on CD drive) and it restores the playlist back. Put in another CD and the same happens again. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't remember what song you were up to in the playlist, it just starts it from the beginning when it is restored.
                          First Integra car PC:

Comment

The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't remember what song you were up to in the playlist, it just starts it from the beginning when it is restored.
                            My latest ExecTBL.ini code has that ability. Here's the code.
                            Code:
                            "LOADCD","SETVARBYCODE;SAVEDTRACKNUM;TRACKNUMBER||SETVARBYCODE;SAVEDTRACKPOS;CURRENTTRACKTIME||RUNQW;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\CFX_Tools\BATs\LoadCD.bat" "E||LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.m3u;Audio CD||!BROWSE"
                            "LOADCD_CANCEL","SETVARBYCODE;SAVEDTRACKNUM;TRACKNUMBER||SETVARBYCODE;SAVEDTRACKPOS;CURRENTTRACKTIME||RUNQW;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\CFX_Tools\BATs\LoadCD.bat" "E||LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.m3u;Audio CD||!BROWSE||CANCEL"
                            "UNLOADCD","RUNQW;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\CFX_Tools\BATs\UnloadCD.bat||LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.m3u||SETLIST;$SAVEDTRACKNUM$||PLAY||SEEKTO;$SAVEDTRACKPOS$"
                            "UNLOADCD_CANCEL","RUNQW;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\CFX_Tools\BATs\UnloadCD.bat||LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.m3u||CANCEL||SETLIST;$SAVEDTRACKNUM$||PLAY||SEEKTO;$SAVEDTRACKPOS$"
                            Also, if you have the latest LoadCD.bat, it can load all music files, not just audio tracks.
                            LoadCD.bat
                            iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                            CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

I got it. Thanks for all your work getting me started b8bboi but here is the code I came up with to load cd's while remembering the postion of the playlist no matter how many cd's you load.

Code:
                              "LOADCD","RUNQW;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\CFX_Tools\BATs\LoadCD.bat|E||CLEARLIST||LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Winamp\cd.m3u;Audio CD
                              "LOADCDSAVEPOS","SETVAR;SAVED;1||SETVARBYCODE;SAVEDTRACKNUM;TRACKNUMBER||SETVARBYCODE;SAVEDTRACKPOS;CURRENTTRACKTIME||RUNQW;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\CFX_Tools\BATs\LoadCD.bat|E||CLEARLIST||LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Winamp\cd.m3u;Audio CD

"UNLOADCD","SETVAR;SAVED;0||CLEARLIST||RUNQW;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\CFX_Tools\BATs\UnloadCD.bat||LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.m3u"
                              "UNLOADCDSAVEDPOS","AUDIO||STOP||LIST||SELPL||CLEARLIST||SETVAR;SAVED;0||RUNQW;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\CFX_Tools\BATs\UnloadCD.bat||LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.m3u||STOP||SETLIST;$SAVEDTRACKNUM$||PLAY||EXIT||SEEKTO;$SAVEDTRACKPOS$"

"CD","LOAD;cd_player.skin||BYVAR;SAVED;LOADCDSAVEPOS<<LOADCD"
                              SPECIAL NOTE: The first two commands do not end in a quotation mark and this is on purpose for some reason RR adds a quote to the label AUDIO CD if you put the quote in. Go figure??

You will also have to edit your LOADCD bat file to include a check to see if a file already exists. The whole bat file is below.

Code:
                              @echo off
                              set v_param=%*
                              REM echo %v_param%
                              if  exist  "D:\Program Files\Winamp\_unloadcd_winamp.m3u"  goto  filefound
                              copy "D:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.m3u" "D:\Program Files\Winamp\_unloadcd_winamp.m3u" /Y
                              :filefound
                              dir %v_param%:\*.cda /s /b > "C:\Program Files\Winamp\cd.m3u"
                              dir %v_param%:\*.mp3 /s /b >> "C:\Program Files\Winamp\cd.m3u"
                              dir %v_param%:\*.wma /s /b >> "C:\Program Files\Winamp\cd.m3u"
                              dir %v_param%:\*.wav /s /b >> "C:\Program Files\Winamp\cd.m3u"
                              dir %v_param%:\*.ra /s /b >> "C:\Program Files\Winamp\cd.m3u"
                              dir %v_param%:\*.ram /s /b >> "C:\Program Files\Winamp\cd.m3u"
                              dir %v_param%:\*.mid /s /b >> "C:\Program Files\Winamp\cd.m3u"
                              dir %v_param%:\*.ape /s /b >> "D:\Program Files\Winamp\cd.m3u"
                              Let me elaborate on the commands. The "CD" command loads the cd_player screen I made. If you do not have a seperate screen in your skin for cd's simply remove the "LOAD;cd_player.skin" from the command. b8bboi's CFX skin uses a "LOADCD_CANCEL" command which is simply the above commands with "||CANCEL" at the end. I would suggest coding the commands a bit differently. For instance in b8bboi's CFX skin the menu that loads cd's uses "LOADCD_CANCEL" to load CD's you should change this to "CANCEL||CD" the command to unload the cd is "UNLOADCD_CANCEL" this should probably be changed to "CANCEL||UNLOADCDSAVEDPOS" the addition of the "CANCEL" command closes the menu CFX uses before exicuting the commands.

If you do have a cd player screen in your skin to exit the screen you need to enter the command "UNLOADCDSAVEDPOS||'SCREEN'" where 'SCREEN' is the name of the screen you are going to. (i.e. "UNLOADCDSAVEDPOS||MAIN").

Some of this is very complicated and I hope I explained it well enough please pm me if you have any questions.
                              APPS:
                              "RR CD Drive Monitor"

Skins:

Comment

Working...
                              X