OBD II Plugin for Road Runner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD II Plugin for Road Runner

Does anyone have a OBD Plugin for Road Runner?

Originally posted by piedes72 View Post
    Does anyone have a OBD Plugin for Road Runner?
    After the RRMobile Plugin I'm thinking to develop an OBD plugin for ELM based OBD2 systems
    You can download my Road Runner plugin from: http://www.alibri.it/RRMobile/RRMobile.htm

Comment

how soon will the mobile plugin and obd pluing complete?

What features will they both have?

Comment

OBD II Plugin Follow Up

Has this plugin been worked on? Is there another solution until this is complete.

Comment

yea, just configure the OBD program to run in the (APPS) launch folder of RR.
          ````` _____||.\__
          .:.:.:.:.:.:;!_(o)______(o)'i
          TruckputerX - Vortech SuperCharger Vid
          TruckputerX Progress Bar [|||||||||-] 90% Complete [It's never 100% done]

Comment

OBD II app?

What application for OBD?

Comment

Whatever one came with your reader or any compatible ones you can find using the SEARCH function
              2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1
              Specs: Epia M2-1000, 512mb ram, SB Audigy NX, Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, M2-ATX, DVD, 160gb HDD, gps, obdII, wifi, bluetooth, XM radio, HQCT and Logitech wireless gamepad.
              Install Status: DONE

My XM FAQ

Comment

So to raise this again. I have been searching rather extensively for information regarding real time mpg display. I actually found a great deal of information about it and it certainly suggests that getting this info is not too difficult. However there does not seem to be any easily integrated sort of thing to display the data.
                For example
                http://www.obd-2.com/
                If you look at the view and links you can see it is totally unusable for a carpc.

The elmscan5 says it comes with "software" but not what software that is. I would like to buy one if I could get the MPG to display for example instead of the flashy spinny logo many seem fond of...

Anyway so the point is if anyone has some knowledge about the elmscan5 and/or projects focusing on this with road runner (which I seem to have chosen) then I would truly appreciate it. Thanks.

This
                Post seems promising.
                My Install

Comment

he seems to have written a vb6 class for the elm323 chip

http://www.apeirokalia.com/elm323/
                  2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1
                  Specs: Epia M2-1000, 512mb ram, SB Audigy NX, Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, M2-ATX, DVD, 160gb HDD, gps, obdII, wifi, bluetooth, XM radio, HQCT and Logitech wireless gamepad.
                  Install Status: DONE

My XM FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by RRMobile View Post
                    After the RRMobile Plugin I'm thinking to develop an OBD plugin for ELM based OBD2 systems

Is this still in the "to do" list?
                    View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

Still wondering. Is there a solution to display information like oil temp/pressure, voltage, etc.. what you would normally do with gauges on RR? My car is non OBD (1991 Toyota MR2) and the Touchscreen is now where I had 3 gauges.

Comment

I have an obd2 interface on my carpc but it doesn't display that much. Speed, Rpm, air and fuel pressures, coolant and air temps, O2 sensor voltages, trouble codes and Rich/Lean ratios. No way to get MPG from that though the car does have an mpg readout. Still interested in the plug-in though
                        Elantra GT 1.2GHz Duron, RoadRunner & LSX Void 3.2. Status: Stable...

Comment

you could estimate instantaneous mpg based on rpm, injector pulse width, injector size, number of cylinders and speed.
                          2006 Corolla S Ex-Audio 7" Epia MII ATI AIW VE 512MB Mini-Box.com M300 Case 100GB 2.5" HDD Z-COM XI-325HP+ Linksys WSB24/WRT54G w DD-WRT Treo 755p BT Modem Lite-On Slotload DVD GPS JVC AVX2 2x JL Audio 8" Alpine Type-S F/R

Comment

OBD2 interface

Originally posted by cobase View Post
                            I have an obd2 interface on my carpc but it doesn't display that much. Speed, Rpm, air and fuel pressures, coolant and air temps, O2 sensor voltages, trouble codes and Rich/Lean ratios. No way to get MPG from that though the car does have an mpg readout. Still interested in the plug-in though
                            COBASE,
                            you have a working OBD2 interface with roadrunner that displays all of the things you listed?
                            How did you get that to work? what hardware and software are you using for the interface?

Comment

I've begun development on an RR OBD plugin in this thread:
                              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-p...plugin-rr.html

It functions fairly well at the moment and calculates MPG for MAF and non-MAF vehicles.

Take a look.
                              98' Honda CR-V
                              http://www.superbluecrv.com

*OBDMPG, the RR OBD Plugin*

Comment

Working...
                              X