X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrafficDetails- Rss Feed Plugin :)

EDIT
    Updated Program.
    -Updated program to use RR's COM interface. Meaning no more fixed drive paths

EDIT
    Version 3.5 released
    -Added TotalMode Option (thanks chuck)
    -Added trafficpick.skin sample for TotalMode

EDIT
    Version 3.0 released
    -removed indicators in lieu of color coded descriptions (Thanks chuck!)
    -changed skin sample so that all 30 feeds can be listed on one skin. Click Each feed to have the full details show on the top line (Thanks chuck!)

*** i just wanted to add that this latest version is as close to the way i first envisioned it working as can be. I cant thank chuck and those who've help bug test this enough!

EDIT
    Version 2.99 released
    -optimized the code (way faster!)
    -anti-duplication for feeds
    -made adjustments to code to comply with the feeds "new" standards
    -added RRPath .ini tag. You MUST enter your rr path there now. You can now put trafficdetails folder wherever you want~!
    -changed the sample skin code to allow the feed to be sent to multiple pages-****Please note there is a good chance this will be changed in the next few days, i'd suggest waiting for version 3 before makin any new skins

EDIT
    Version 2.0 Released
    -increased the feed limit from 10 to 30

EDIT
    Program released. Let the bug-fest begin!
    www.sonicxtacy.com/trafficdetailssetup.rar

Just wanted to get this out there before im off for the day. I've created a autoit plugin that will pull rss feeds from www.traffic.com then display them in RR. This plugin should work for any area that an RSS feed is available. Here's a (crappy) skin showing it in use Plugin will be able to display up to 10 traffic conditions (per page). Before release i plan on also adding some indicators that will change colors based on the jam factor (or a jam factor slider if u will). I know this is a crappy skin but at least it proves its workin lol
    Attached Files
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Very nice, but How does it know what area to pull the information from? DO you put in a zip code somehwere? and if so where d oyou put the location?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
    Via M10K
    512mb Ram
    60GB HDD
    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
    OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

you'll be able to put the link to your rss feed into an .ini file.

Comment

here's another screenshot. I have the indicators working now . Yellow means light traffic, orange medium, red means dont drive there! Should be able to get somethin out tomorrow
        Attached Files

Comment

anyway to get the traffic by entering gps coordinates?
          2002 Mitsubishi Galant
          Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
          Via M10K
          512mb Ram
          60GB HDD
          Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
          OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekz185 View Post
            anyway to get the traffic by entering gps coordinates?
            i was thinkin about that, but i wouldnt know the first thing about translating the coordinates to a specific area. Maybe when i get thsi version out and tested i'll be able to have the gps long and lat in rr determine which rss is pulled. I'll have to talk to the gpsGAS guys about that

Comment

thats a great plugin - hope you release it soon!
              monschein.org

Comment

subb'n

Comment

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME ---

I just mentioned this to Guino again today --- please release My birthday is coming...

For grins could you test with a stock - or movies feed and just maybe show how it would look. Will the feed data then be var'd to tags or is this just being embedded?

I know your goal here is traffic reports but RR for me was just begggging for an RSS reader since the data is so light weight, easy on cell/wireless speeds, and just tons of it.

Any chance you could show us a stab at a feed like that or give us something to sample.

AAAAAAWESOME WORK!!!!!!! THANKS!!!

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                  Just wanted to get this out there before im off for the day. I've created a autoit plugin that will pull rss feeds from www.traffic.com then display them in RR. This plugin should work for any area that an RSS feed is available. Here's a (crappy) skin showing it in use Plugin will be able to display up to 10 traffic conditions (per page). Before release i plan on also adding some indicators that will change colors based on the jam factor (or a jam factor slider if u will). I know this is a crappy skin but at least it proves its workin lol

Comment

i was thinkin about that, but i wouldnt know the first thing about translating the coordinates to a specific area. Maybe when i get thsi version out and tested i'll be able to have the gps long and lat in rr determine which rss is pulled. I'll have to talk to the gpsGAS guys about that
                    i think guino is gonna use the gas data to zipcode for weather so im sure he can add a variable that polls the nearest current zip if not its and easy mod
                    .______
                    | '_ |__\___
                    [(o)|___(o)] XB
                    ._________
                    | I__I I_I|_\__I
                    [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Originally posted by kolemieux View Post
                      AWESOME ---

I just mentioned this to Guino again today --- please release My birthday is coming...

For grins could you test with a stock - or movies feed and just maybe show how it would look. Will the feed data then be var'd to tags or is this just being embedded?

I know your goal here is traffic reports but RR for me was just begggging for an RSS reader since the data is so light weight, easy on cell/wireless speeds, and just tons of it.

Any chance you could show us a stab at a feed like that or give us something to sample.

AAAAAAWESOME WORK!!!!!!! THANKS!!!
                      Technically all this really is is an rss reader.... so theorectically it should be able to read from any rss feed. The only limitation is the amount of space you have to read the data inside an rr skin. As you can see from my screenshots i've only got 9 lines of traffic info that would fit on one page. You could have an unlimited number of pages of course.

how it works is simple... i pull the .xml from the site then convert it to a text file. Then take whatever information is between the <title> tags and send it to rr as a label.

I'm gonna test it out when a few more traffic feeds today. Then maybe i'll try a movie feed (any sites u recommend?). If all goes well i'll package it up and release today.

Comment

Originally posted by lostreception View Post
                        i think guino is gonna use the gas data to zipcode for weather so im sure he can add a variable that polls the nearest current zip if not its and easy mod
                        once thats done i should be able to dynamically change the rss feed based on zip

Comment

RR RSS Reader...

First of all - awesome again.... And I know RSS is usually about parsing data which is usually in a better format than scraping a page.

So lets use for example news headlines. If there is a subject line - then more detail. Is it possible like in your example the subject line is shown - almost like a list item - ... then a select could popup a skin popup to exapand the greater details.

Here is what would be kewl and think would make your life easy "I think" - is if you simply had the killer extracter, aka RSS reader. Since each site is somewhat different maybe you read and simply throw stuff in TAGS as CHUNKS of data ..... So we'd have CHUNK_0 CHUNK_1 CHUNK_2 CHUNK_3...

Then put the burden on the skinner based upon the RSS feed they use to allign those chunks into a viewable skin page. But your reader would grab the pertinent data chunks.

Then once we had a few RSS feeds under our belt maybe certain delimiters and requests could be changes on your reader to make the CHUNKS more sensible.

Does this seem fair? or possible?

Again - great work ... I will be watching closely. Heck the areas I'd love to snag would be STOCKS, MOVIE TIMES, NEWS HEADLINES, SPORTS SCORES..

We know that RSS feeds for all of those exist and are so light weight and will be AWESOME in RR...

Thanks so much .... let me know. I'd be happy to alpha/beta your work as well.

Technically all this really is is an rss reader.... so theorectically it should be able to read from any rss feed. The only limitation is the amount of space you have to read the data inside an rr skin. As you can see from my screenshots i've only got 9 lines of traffic info that would fit on one page. You could have an unlimited number of pages of course.

how it works is simple... i pull the .xml from the site then convert it to a text file. Then take whatever information is between the <title> tags and send it to rr as a label.

I'm gonna test it out when a few more traffic feeds today. Then maybe i'll try a movie feed (any sites u recommend?). If all goes well i'll package it up and release today.

Comment

Sonic RSS heaven ...

Sonic ---

RSS sites are freakin EVERYWHERE with killer data ....

http://my.yahoo.com/s/about/rss/index.html

Movies
                            http://movies.yahoo.com/rss
                            http://movies.go.com/rss

Almost everything on YAHOO comes in an RSS flavor as well... For a stock detail example:
                            http://finance.yahoo.com/rss/headline?s=MSFT
                            http://finance.yahoo.com/rss/headline?s=NT

Interesting here
                            http://feeds.feedburner.com/Funfurde

Comment

Sonic --

You have to love this one ---

http://asp.usatoday.com/marketing/rs...spx?POE=FOOTER

But I am looking for the RSS feed that has movie theatres for local listings - had this and simply need to find it...

Comment

Working...
                              X