X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New Hits" Playlist creator plugin :)

Edit
    Version 2.1 Released
    -Modified the code to use RR's COM interface, This means no more fixed drive paths

Edit
    Version 2.0 Released
    -Added ability to change the date from 30 days to 1 day, 1 week, or 2 weeks. See Readme.txt for setup

This version will need to be tested... especially the 30 day and 2 week options because those functions were pretty hard to code. But nevertheless, enjoy

EDIT
    Version 1.0 Released
    http://www.sonicxtacy.com/New%20hits.rar
    current both .mp3 and .wma files are supported. If you want additional formats supported just let me know.

I'm working on yet another handy autoit plugin! This one scans the contents of your RR musicpath for songs that have been added in the last 30 days. The songs found are then automatically saved to a "new hits" .m3u in your RR playlist path .

Things to note:
    -This is a pretty cpu intensive plugin if you have ALOT of songs in your music library. The script i currently have will read thru 100 songs in less than a second on this 1ghz PC i'm on, but PCs with tens of thousands of songs like my car pc will take some time (havent tested on my carPC yet)
    -Each time the program is run it completely erases the contents of the .m3u to make sure you only have songs that have been added within the last 30 days,
    -Directory structure... who cares You can have your directory structure anyway you want. Just know that the more folders increases the time it takes to find files.

I'm gonna test this in my car when i leave work in just a bit.. but is anyone interested? If so i have to add some variables to make it work with everyones rr setup.

EDIT- i just modified the code to check for .txt on my entire 30 gig c:\. It took about 4-5 mins and cpu usage only went up about 20%. not as bad as i originally thought!
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

It sounds interesting. Wouldnt mind giving it a shot since I am constantly adding more music each week.
    Avengerki
    PC Install: 85%
    Car PC: Revo-Sys X300 Double Din: 1.3GHz Pentium
    Software install and setup: 35%
    Entertainment Package: 85%

Comment

Great! Can't wait to try it out. The last "sort by date" script seemed to fail because of long directory/filenames. Let me at it!
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

well i tried it in the car and i'm happy to say it took 5 mins for all my songs, and that was while it was running in the background with all my other programs running as normal . Looks like i'll be finishing it up and releasing tomorrow

Comment

Program released.. Check post 1

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
            Program released.. Check post 1
            But does it SORT???????????? Latest/newest first please?????????
            HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

newest song or newest album? Dont see why either would be a problem to add.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                newest song or newest album? Dont see why either would be a problem to add.
                Newest song.

Loaded this program on my deveopment machine with 2600 MP3s. Ran it stand alone and couldn't find the "new list.m3u." Realized I didn't have "playlistpath=" in my RR.ini. Ran again and found it where it was supposed to be.... except it had too many songs in the playlist. Using Windows explorer search I found 253 newly created and 236 newly modified files in the last 31 days. Your program returned 443. Ran the program within RR and same results.

OBTW, I have some other requests now that I've had a play with it. Since my rr.ini is already out of control, could you utilize a dedicated ini file that this program reads from for the following:
                1. Music directory to search (if other than entire rr.ini designated music directory)
                2. directory location to save "new list.m3u"
                3. Loadlist when complete - true/false
                4. sort order - ascending/descending and files/directories
                5. completion message displayed - true/false (I don't need confirmation and don't want the stand alone message box) I'm using the timer for something else and this conflicts so I'm not using your skins which is interpreted as stand alone by your program.

You can kinda see where I'm heading with this. And once CHUCK gets ahold of it, he'll be creating buttons to sort each directory and each of his custom playlists.

Thanx
                Giz

Comment

Do me a favor and check the "year" on some of the songs added to the .m3u. I did the date check function myself and i wasnt postive i got the results i wanted (tho it seems to work fine on all my computers).

In regards to the ini, I was really tryin to make this program go hand and hand with road runner and there's really no NEED for an .ini as i'm not adding or modifying anything in rr.ini:
                  -in what case would you wanna read a music library other than the one rr reads from?
                  -diddo for the playlist file?
                  -loadlist can be easily added to the confirmation skin. If you dont want to use a confirmation skin would you really want your music interrupted everytime the program was done scanning?
                  -Sort order i can do using command line switches. SORTUP will sort ascending, SORTDOWN will sort descending. What do you mean files/directories?
                  -I will remove the msgbox confirmation. If you dont want the skin confirmation dont add the skin to your skin folder lol

Unless there's a real interest in creating a completely seperate .ini i'm gonna go ahead and keep developing w/o it. Adding an .ini means the program needing its own folder and own fixed location on the drive. Also adds to the number of things that can go wrong . I will however make it so that if playlistpath isnt found in rr.ini that the .m3u is saved to your musicpath.

Comment

i agree, i dont think a seperate .ini file is needed, this keeps everything simple.
                    Not sure why you would want to load files that arent seen by RR into the playlist?

So far this is exactly what ive been wanting, an easy way to load all my new music so it dosen't get ignored.

nice job

The only request i would make is to have an option for 30days, 2weeks, 1 week, 1day. That way i can reduce the number of files returned if i just want to load for example 3 albums that i copied over within the last week, but not the other 6 albums i added this month because the tracks i may want to hear could be anywhere inside in the list.
                    This could simply be separate versions of the plugin that only changed the number of days to look for new stuff.
                    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

what i'll do is add command line switches.

-Default will be 30 days
                      -if you want only the last week you would run new PATH\new hits.exe|1week
                      -2 weeks = PATH\new hits.exe|2weeks
                      -1 day = PATH\new hits.exe|1day

Comment

New Version released Check post 1

Comment

This is exactly what I'm been looking for. I'm gonna try this out tomorrow.
                          Installed
                          Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                          512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                          Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                          [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

i've been using 2.0 almost daily (have it run everytime ezsync finishes) and it seems to be doin its job

Comment

working ok on my end also, only issue is i no longer receive the fail/success screen when its done doing its thing.
                              01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                              01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                              mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Working...
                              X