Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTunes

iTunes in place of Winamp??

I have searched and searched, and I know that there has to be a way! What I am trying to do is make itunes the audio player instead of winamp. I have iTunes installed on my carPC, and my music is all so organized in iTunes. But when I move all the music to a folder for Road Runner to load it into my music skin, all my songs have numbers and random orders, and there is no organisation to it at all. I dont know if there is a plug in or what, but i guess i am looking for a audio player skin that is designed around iTunes instead of Winamp.

I have it now so that iTunes.exe is launched instead of the audio player skin, but it is hard to opperate without a key board near by.

Please, if anyone has any ideas or segestions let me know. THANKS!
    2001 Camaro SS #2070

Winamp usage is hardcoded for RR usage. I don't think you will ever find the level of intergration if u uses any other music player though.

Possible to embed iTunes into RR, but like I said you might not have the level of intergration on RR...

Comment

iTunes

I have been messing around with this all day and i think i might have found a way. I made a copy of the "wbrouser.skin" adn had the idea of making it so that instad of loading an internet explorer it can load another program such as iTunes. The only problem is that there is no commands that involve iTunes. I am not a computer gu roo but i make it around. From what i have seen i need to be able to edit the exec.exe application and add a command that tells iTunes to launch and start playing a song. The only Problem is that i do not know how to do this... If anyone can help please do so. THANKS
      2001 Camaro SS #2070

Comment

I have planned to expand player support to work with both Media Player and iTunes, but that's not for anytime soon -- still have loads of things to do beforehand.. iTunes interface would probably come first as it offers more options. Another reason for delaying this is the fact that iTunes is underwhelmingly slow which means most of the low end machines used as carpcs today would not run it very nicely anyway.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Funny that someone wants to use iTunes, i would love to use iTunes also.
          Here is a link:
          http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89738
          I made a program that you can use that will converter your iTunes Playlist into winamp compatabily and transfer them for you if you need it. That was a big issue for me, and once i solved it i figure why not release it.
          This break (i got to a university) i am going to work on a little project so i can make an interface for iTunes using Java. not sure how thats going to work out, but i know it can be done just need to use some other libraries, like the MicroCrap JVM api.
          Until then maybe that program will help you out if you can live with winamp.
          CarPuter: 900Mhz P3 with 256 MB Mem, 160 Gig HD (Thanks kbreeden), Iguidance 3.0 GPS, Logitech PS2 keyboard, Bluetooth, WIFI.
          Powered By Road Runner & DigitalFX Skin and Playlist Conveter

Comment

sounds like your spinning your wheels.

Road Runner uses winamp to play audio, there are NO commands that control itunes. If your bent on running itunes and embeding it inside RR you'll have to control it the same way as other applications. Either using sendkeys, or writing scripts to control it. Either way seems like a huge waste of time.
            What exactly is inside of itunes that cant live without?

also, the itunes window wont resize down much, so in all honestly your better off just running itunes stand alone as you wont have much room for buttons inside RR to control it much.

IMHO there really isnt much to itunes if you dont have an ipod and that if is only there because if you have an ipod your pretty much forced to use itunes. With that said, there is support in RR to connect directly to your ipod i believe. I have no idea how the interface for it is though. no ipod.
            01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
            01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
            mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Exec.exe/ ExecTBL

anyone know of a program that i can use to add commands that can be used in road runner skins? The ExecTBL tells the format in which they are in, but i do not know how to add new commands. THANKS
              2001 Camaro SS #2070

Comment

Format for ExecTbl.ini is

"Name your command", "command"

so you can define
                "DoitNow","RUN;C:\Hibernate.bat"

where hibernate.bat contains

rem command to initiate Hibernation
                rundll32 powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState

This is just an example, you can run any command (I think) that you can script. You can also use the COM interface if you have the skills.

KPJUK
                M1000, 512MB, 512MB CF, 6GB Disk (4200rpm),
                DVD/RW, Dynamix 8" screen, M2-ATX, Custom case,Too many hours building and rebuilding and rebuild.......

Comment

so where do i put my new commands??? in to the execTBL file???? Where will road runner see them?
                  2001 Camaro SS #2070

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
                    I have planned to expand player support to work with both Media Player and iTunes, but that's not for anytime soon -- still have loads of things to do beforehand.. iTunes interface would probably come first as it offers more options. Another reason for delaying this is the fact that iTunes is underwhelmingly slow which means most of the low end machines used as carpcs today would not run it very nicely anyway.
                    Mediaplayer would be nice... I'd like it since I can control it with my SE phone with the bluetooth connection... nothing can beat standing outside your car with the phone in your pocket and raising the volume of the car...
                    Swedish site for CarPC's
                    http://www.bilpc.info

Comment

Originally posted by CoryF View Post
                      so where do i put my new commands??? in to the execTBL file???? Where will road runner see them?
                      Hi CoryF,

sorry for the delayed response. You put them in exectbl.ini, and then they are available to be added to a button as an example,

"MyTask","RUN;taskmgr.exe"

then in a skin have abutton like so

B120,100,100,100,055,"MyTask",""

this fire up taskmgr for you.

cheers
                      KPJUK
                      M1000, 512MB, 512MB CF, 6GB Disk (4200rpm),
                      DVD/RW, Dynamix 8" screen, M2-ATX, Custom case,Too many hours building and rebuilding and rebuild.......

Comment

OK I am still having problems...

The only file that I can open is a ExecTBL notepad. Let me explain what i am trying to do...

I want to use iTunes intsed of the winamp. I made a copy of the web brouser skin, and named it "iTunes.skin". I edited the new skin so that the buttons change the songs and so all the stuff i want them to. I also edited the menu skin so that it loads to the proper skin (the new iTunes one). Here is the problem I want to make it so that when I click the music button, not only will it load the new skin but also start iTunes. Road Runner will not allow me to place bloth a LOAD and a RUN Command onto one button. So my plan was to add a command like the orginal "audio" one but call it "iTunes", and have it load the iTunes Skin and start "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe".

That is where i am stuck...

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. THANKS
                        2001 Camaro SS #2070

Comment

I'm not sure you'll get to embed iTunes in RR -- it's a very customized application with its own skin style. There's a WHOLE FAQ about embedding an application on it's own "screen" though. If you follow that, chances are high you'll at least get to run it from a button in RR.
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by Naesstrom View Post
                            Mediaplayer would be nice... I'd like it since I can control it with my SE phone with the bluetooth connection... nothing can beat standing outside your car with the phone in your pocket and raising the volume of the car...
                            There's a winamp plugin that does this too though,check it out at winamp in the plugins/input section.
                            P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

OK i got iTunes to laod when i wanted it to, now there are only a few other problems, The "LEFT" and "RIGHT" keys work to change songs. But i would like to make it so that the "UP" and "DOWN" keys to scroll though my iTunes music. Also i am having some toruble getting the OSK to work with iTunes, when RR opens/runs the OSK it makes it so that iTunes is no longer the "window" that i am working in therefor the keyboard does not type into the search bar of iTunes.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! THANKS!!!
                              2001 Camaro SS #2070

Comment

Working...
                              X