GPSGAS iguidance addon :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPSGAS iguidance addon :)

well i got tired of waiting for someone to make this a part of rr so i coded a little autoit script maps the GPS gas labels to iguidance. Basically u press a button in rr and it sends the selected gas station to iguidance to navigate. I did have to do some BASIC and safe reshacking to the iguidance .exe to get this to work but its ready for testing. Anyone interested or is this one of those i should keep to myself lol.

Plugin released

www.sonicxtacy.com/gasnav.rar
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

I am interested!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
    Via M10K
    512mb Ram
    60GB HDD
    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
    OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

This an addon everyone should use. It's easier to navigate. What good is it when you know the address of the gas station, you still have to goto IG and type it in.
      Good Job......

Comment

Release it

Comment

I will try
          2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
            well i got tired of waiting for someone to make this a part of rr so i coded a little autoit script maps the GPS gas labels to iguidance. Basically u press a button in rr and it sends the selected gas station to iguidance to navigate. I did have to do some BASIC and safe reshacking to the iguidance .exe to get this to work but its ready for testing. Anyone interested or is this one of those i should keep to myself lol.
            sonic ive been unfortunatly rather health compromised lately or i would have had this done ages ago. that plus good old hard drive failure have led it to look like i abandoned the project its not abandoned but im glad theres a working version for ppl while i rest up thanks man
            .______
            | '_ |__\___
            [(o)|___(o)] XB
            ._________
            | I__I I_I|_\__I
            [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Originally posted by lostreception View Post
              sonic ive been unfortunatly rather health compromised lately or i would have had this done ages ago. that plus good old hard drive failure have led it to look like i abandoned the project its not abandoned but im glad theres a working version for ppl while i rest up thanks man
              hey i wasnt stabbin at ya or nothing i really appreciate all the time u put into ur coding. Many of my projects wouldnt even work if it werent for your improvements to rr and ur willingness to test. When i said someone i simply meant anyone lol. It dawned on me last night that it would be pretty easy to pull the information needed to do this. Instead of working with the coordinates, i simply request the labels from rr, break them into strings and send those strings to iguidance's control IDs. The only real pain in the but was the fact u have to reshack window names for the iguidance sub-menus to acheive it. Kinda odd that they would make the menu's without names

anyway, here it is: www.sonicxtacy.com/gasNav.rar. I hope i made the readme simple enough but its always easier for me to make the program than explain how it works lol

Comment

Uh huh

As much as I hate to use these words........

ME TOO

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                  hey i wasnt stabbin at ya or nothing i really appreciate all the time u put into ur coding. Many of my projects wouldnt even work if it werent for your improvements to rr and ur willingness to test. When i said someone i simply meant anyone lol. It dawned on me last night that it would be pretty easy to pull the information needed to do this. Instead of working with the coordinates, i simply request the labels from rr, break them into strings and send those strings to iguidance's control IDs. The only real pain in the but was the fact u have to reshack window names for the iguidance sub-menus to acheive it. Kinda odd that they would make the menu's without names

anyway, here it is: www.sonicxtacy.com/gasNav.rar. I hope i made the readme simple enough but its always easier for me to make the program than explain how it works lol
                  no offense taken whatsoever

IG is a mess tho when it comes to control ids and such i totally agree
                  i truly belive they did it to stop us from customizing it
                  or they are just lazy dont know which

if you need any help whatsoever shoot me a pm
                  .______
                  | '_ |__\___
                  [(o)|___(o)] XB
                  ._________
                  | I__I I_I|_\__I
                  [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Very Interested!
                    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

you do know that the program has already been posted right? lol

Comment

AUto Gas Navigation

I was about to post "Me Too" until I saw the download in Post #7. You may want to put it in the first post.

I just ResHacked iGuidance, and the plug-in is working great! Thanks for putting this together!!!
                        Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

first post edited.. and i'm glad its working for someone other than me. I'm curious to get more feedback. i wanna know if the timing delays (500ms) are ok for those with slower setups. i only wish i could do something to hide the menu navigation so that the screens didnt flash.

Comment

Little bit of feedback

The only problem that I have had, is not with the plugin-in really, but an iGuidance problem.

When it enters the address, most of the time for me it is in the incorrect format that iGuidance wants. Any street with North, East, ect pre-fixing the street, iGuidance does not like. Ea: North Elm Street. iGuidance wants "Elm Street".

When LostReception was working on his gas-naviagtion, I noticed he was using the LAT and LON settings to pass to iGuidance. This was another reshack to enable this feature in iGuidance 3.0 (It's in 2.x by default). It worked quite well as it is only 2 fields to paste into on the SAME screen, instead of having to go from screen to screen. Also the LAT and LON will always work where as some address's will not.
                            Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

I see where I went wrong this morning - I didn't realize that LRs was 2.x only - the problem is that there is already a reshacked IG being used in Liquid Smokes skin that removes some IG3 menu buttons from the screen and so we need a reshacked IG3 that does both the button removal and allows the Lon/Lat to be sent.

Anybody?

RV : Samsung Q1 + Kyocera KR1 (EVDO) + GPS<br>
                              Car: AMD 3000+ Book PC + Lilliput 8" Touch + 13" TFT

Webmaster for the European Ford Scorpio Site

Comment

Working...
                              X