Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GatsoHunterRR

Hi,

I've taken the source code to GatsoHunter as written by James @ Ignatu & modified it to do the following:-

DONE
    * Obtain NMEA data direct from RoadRunner via RoadRunner SDK
    * Music volume/pause/mute via RoadRunner SDK
    * Call camera alert skin when camera is imminent
    * Feed back information to RoadRunner

TODO
    * Release Source Code (all source will be available soon, when it proven working)
    * Implement voice mute/unmute
    * implement voice volume
    * implement speed sensitive alert timing
    * alert only on configured cam types

DOWNLOAD

For pop up cam alert screen in Road Runner, do the following:-

1) Add the following to you ExecTBL.ini. This file exists in the RoadRunner home directory. If its not there, create it..

/ GatsoHunterRR Support

"GHRRCAMALERT","",external_gps.skin
    "GHRRCAMALERT","",camalert.skin
    "GHRRCAMALERT","MENU;camalert.skin"
    "GHRRCAMALERTCANCEL","EXIT",camalert.skin
    "GHRRCAMALERTCANCEL"," "

2) Copy the contents of the skin directory into the directory containing the skin that you're using

3) Run GatsoHunterRR.

I'll keep this post updated with latest releases.

In line with James's wishes, I'd like to point out that this modification to GatsoHunter is known as GatsoHunterRR and is not a new version of his original software. Please read his license on his web page here.

Hi!

Im real glad someone is picking this up!
    Gatsohunter is working okay, but it does give a lot of warnings about Cam's that don't matter. Do you think you could make the program a bit more sensitive?

Comment

pretty cool.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I'll post some thoughts up later.... but its about expanding this app for more than just speed cameras because its already able to capture GPS data, decide on an action ( eg a POI ) and perfom a reaction... eg an alert.

I think there are a number of speed camera related changes that could be made also ( eg feeding back to RR the speed camera infomation and alerts so they can be displayed in a skin )... and so on.

Terran
        My Project Site

Comment

Enforcer gave me some better WAV files from Freedrive to use btw... FD is down at the mo but when its back I'll send you the link.

Terran
          My Project Site

Comment

Here's what I'm doing in the latest version. Going to test it tomorrow.

1) When camera is in range, GHRR announces like it always has done but also fires this event:- "GHRRCAMALERT"

2) When camera has gone out of range, it fires:- "GHRRCAMALERTCANCEL".

3) The following labels are regularly updated

CUSTOMGHRRWARNING - WARNING, Safe or Near
            CUSTOMGHRRCAMINFO - Info string
            CUSTOMGHRRCLOSE - Number of close cameras
            CUSTOMGHRRCLOSEST - Distance to closest camera

4) The following indicators are regularly updates

CUSTOMGHRRREDLIGHT - ON/OFF depending if the hazard is red light cam
            CUSTOMGHRRSPEEDCAM - ON/OFF depending if the hazard is a speed cam

Comment

This looks real nice, just hope someone makes some nice skins to then...

so, tested this one earlier when u posted it in the FU thread... downloaded the original GatsoHunter and it's working, starting up, loading my swedish speedcams and so on... but when I try to start the RR version I get this:

Code:
              ActiveX component can't create object (Err no:429 Source: GATSOHunter)
              Swedish site for CarPC's
              http://www.bilpc.info

Comment

Hmm, it worked for me straight away after I put it on the carpc. Not sure what the cause of your problem is - perhaps someone can help? Guino?

Comment

Originally posted by Beezer View Post
                  Hmm, it worked for me straight away after I put it on the carpc. Not sure what the cause of your problem is - perhaps someone can help? Guino?
                  hmm... Do I need to run it from RR in some way... I was trying to get it to work on my other PC without RR as a first step to see if it was working... before moving it out to the car!

doh.. just read the first post again:
                  It should invoke RoadRunner if its not already running & start to receive GPS information from it.
                  the error is probably cuz I don't have RR installed on that comp...
                  Swedish site for CarPC's
                  http://www.bilpc.info

Comment

Yep, that'd do the trick

Don't forget to tell RoadRunner what port your GPS is on. You can do this from RRConfig | GPS | GPS Port.

Comment

Hi

this works well and picks up data but when going into freedrive it has no sats . If I take the gps port out of the RR ini, freedrive skin then displays the number of sats.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Comment

I *think* with Freedrive, you don't need to enter the gps port in rr.ini. I think Freedrive should give GPS info to RR which in turn will pass it on to GHRR.

If not, you can use xport3 & to split the GPS port into 2 virtual ports.

Besides, hasn't Freedrive already got speed camera detection?

Comment

Hi

Beezer yes it does but when I ever try to update the camera database it fails so was going to try this plugin as it look up todate.

Comment

Originally posted by Beezer View Post
                            I *think* with Freedrive, you don't need to enter the gps port in rr.ini. I think Freedrive should give GPS info to RR which in turn will pass it on to GHRR.

If not, you can use xport3 & to split the GPS port into 2 virtual ports.

Besides, hasn't Freedrive already got speed camera detection?
                            1. FreeDrive passes the Lat and Lon info to roadrunner but in different labels to the ones you are polling in gatsohunter.

2. to use Gatso hunter and FreeDrive you will need to use something like Xport or another com port splitter.

3. Yes, and my 'personal updated' version, which is available with the iDrive skin (green only at the moment) and will be available seperately has CAMALERT,CAMCANCEL,CAMDISTANCE and CAMSPEED notifications.

Comment

Wow, this is one kick *** project. I always loved Gatso Hunter and always recommended it to people when they were looking for cool software. I'm glad to see so many people use it!

What about a version of this more tailored for those in the US?

Where I'm located (Chicago) there's not many cameras. The biggest threat are cops themselves or worse yet, cops with laser. Radar doesn't go off until you're tagged in most cases.

Anyway, is there a way you could somehow combine Gatso Hunter with the Valentine One software?

Basically, instead of plotting camera locations, use the Valentine One radar detector with the PC interface, and have the software plot each cop radar detected within Gatso Hunter (instead of cameras).

Then just have some sort of setting that alerts you if there's a bunch of hits in an area. I always thought something like this would be the ultimate software of it's kind. Ultimately all of the above, with the ability to plot 'hits' on your GPS maps live.

That might be a long way from now, but I was just wondering if it would be feasible by anyone here to try to combine that Valentine One software with Gatso for a more 'US' version.
                              www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Working...
                              X