• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoggeRR - see your trip on Google Earth

Reserved

Reserved

Comment

nice... keep us posted (and let us know when we can help!)
      Cali
      02 Corvette Z06
      CarPC: 8" Zenarc molded in dash, P3 1Ghz CPU in custom Amp/PC box. RoadRunner, IG3, XM, ODBC (HP Tuners), Cameras
      Pics/Videos

Comment

this is pretty cool,
        01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
        01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
        mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Man I love GPS. Now with all these great free logging apps I'm actually looking forward for someone to ask to borrow my car again so I can spy on them!
          My Install Thread
          digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
          How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

If you can figure out how to embedd CommTest2 into RR, or any other skinner, then it would be good. This is my best efforts. Also, if anyone knows how RR talks to other programs, api or command line, then send instructions or a link so I can start on it.

CommTest2 Download Link: http://briefnotion.250free.com/
            Attached Files

Comment

does it jsut snap to roads, or does it also do open country routes?

(basically drawing a line between each coord)?
              1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
              Pictures
              Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by shotgunefx
                Pretty cool. Can you adjust the color vs time or some other way of figuring out overlaps?
                No, not necessarily. But for kicks I threw in a variable to change the path color on the settings screen. Will be avail in next vers. Now, could somebody make a RR skin for GE. Would be apreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by briefnotion
                  If you can figure out how to embedd CommTest2 into RR, or any other skinner, then it would be good. This is my best efforts. Also, if anyone knows how RR talks to other programs, api or command line, then send instructions or a link so I can start on it.
                  You can only embed one application per screen in RR.. but you can embed multiple applications at once using skinbedder.

There are example sources for RR's SDK in various languages -- all included in RR's source package.
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Jesus. I cant do it. I downloaded the RR SDK and looked at the example code. The VB.Net wouldn't convert into vbexpress .net (like, whats the diff, right) becuase certain things weren't supported. VB6 would convert because modcom.vb wasn't there. Which is fine becuase I didnt really want to build program hooks into RR, instead I wanted to allow RR to hook into commtest2, with standard GPS buttons and commands. You know, Zoom in, Zoom out, Create POI, Create Route, ect. If I went the other way I would probably build a skin for commtest2 and I would perfer other people to build there own custom generic Navigation skin. Dont get me wrong. RR is wonderful. I just have no experience with skins, API's or OLE. If its going to be skinned it will need to be peeked or spyed into and the window names and button names would need to be scraped into RR. But for now, I'm giving up on RR. I'll stay with what I have.

Comment

Somebody converted the SDK example into .Net you should have a look at the sources again. modCom is vital to getting the SDK to work since its where the code to send/receive data to/from RR lies.

If you just want to send data/commands to RR, you can simply use Exec.EXE.. if you want to RECEIVE data from RR, then you'd need to use the SDK.. Unfortunately all the examples I have made are in VB6 (because for as much as I hate it, I have .NET twice as much).. If you really want it, I can create a COM/ActiveX Component (a .OCX) that one could include in their project to piggyback into RR and receive skin commands and provide label codes etc.. this would be pretty much what the Extension plugin support already is, except that it would be usable from any language that supports ActiveX objects.
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by hsmpt View Post
                        Hi

Some days ago I thought in creating a RR plugin to log the GPS coordinates into a file using the Google Earth .kmz format.

For now this is just in a developing stage but I already have a first result, please take a look.

Remarks are welcome...

hsmpt

PS - You can find inside the zip the .kmz sample file (just double-click on it if you already have Google Earth installed).

http://earth.google.com/kml/kml_tut.html

Comment

Damned.... This is one plugin I want... any chance of getting the hands on a beta soon...
                          Swedish site for CarPC's
                          http://www.bilpc.info

Comment

Originally posted by Naesstrom View Post
                            Damned.... This is one plugin I want... any chance of getting the hands on a beta soon...
                            Chek it out my GPS logger here

Comment

Working...
                            X