Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Listings... Coming to an RR near you!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Listings... Coming to an RR near you!

Thanks to the guidance of marchello2000 over in the streetdeck forums i'm on the verge of creating an official rr plugin for movie times. The plugin will take a zip code (either manually entered or from my "CURRENTZIP" label) and a user definable radius and find the nearest movie theatres and showtimes. This is one thing i've been trying to implement FOREVER as i feel its needed. the plugin will of course require internet connection, though i dont know at this point if it will require an active connection or if you will be able to simply download the data for retrieval at a later point. Thats all for now!

updated 11/06/08
    - Corrected poster art download location
    - Added "Movieposter" indicator
    - Added "DeletePosterArt" command to remove all poster art from the folder
    www.sonicxtacy.com/movietimes.zip
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Very cool!
    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

cant wait for this one
      Eventually...

Comment

Traffic Cams, Gas Prices and now Movie Times. There is no end to it!!

Comment

Originally posted by copter View Post
          Traffic Cams, Gas Prices and now Movie Times. There is no end to it!!
          i figure since the information needed to find these things on the internet is built into rr.. why should there be an end . All off the framework (labels, indicators, lists) are done.. now to get crackin on the requesting and parsing of the information. This is my first "official" plugin using the extension interface so i'm learning as i go here. In the mean time if any VB gurus wanna drop some knowledge about getting vb6 to communicate with soap enabled web services by all means do so

Comment

Very cool idea!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
              Thanks to the guidance of marchello2000 over in the streetdeck forums i'm on the verge of creating an official rr plugin for movie times. The plugin will take a zip code (either manually entered or from my "CURRENTZIP" label) and a user definable radius and find the nearest movie theatres and showtimes. This is one thing i've been trying to implement FOREVER as i feel its needed. the plugin will of course require internet connection, though i dont know at this point if it will require an active connection or if you will be able to simply download the data for retrieval at a later point. Thats all for now!
              Sonic, you seem to have everything down but I just wanted to bring your attention to this plugin I'm using for my SageTV (Home Theatre PC) setup. It actually does exactly what you're doing minus the distance/radius element. I figure at least you can check out the source of all the information to see if it suits your needs.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ght=movietimes

Comment

Downloadable would be awesome as some of us *raises hand* don't have internet in the car.

Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Originally posted by juve021 View Post
                  Sonic, you seem to have everything down but I just wanted to bring your attention to this plugin I'm using for my SageTV (Home Theatre PC) setup. It actually does exactly what you're doing minus the distance/radius element. I figure at least you can check out the source of all the information to see if it suits your needs.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ght=movietimes
                  i'll definitely take a look at that and will pm you with any questions i have. thanks!

Comment

Wow, I was just about to ask a question if there was such a plugin yet. Freeway does this currently and uses RR skin coding, possibly it would be a good idea to check this out as well.
                    CANT WAIT>......
                    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
                    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
                    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

Could you possibly add support for postal codes too?

Formatted like so:

Letter/number/letter space number/letter/number

S0H 0N0

Canadian, don't-cha-know! Zip codes don't work here.

Awesome idea though..............
                      For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                      Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by greatwhite View Post
                        Could you possibly add support for postal codes too?

Formatted like so:

Letter/number/letter space number/letter/number

S0H 0N0

Canadian, don't-cha-know! Zip codes don't work here.

Awesome idea though..............

well that wouldnt be up to me unfortunately because the web service i'm obtaining data from sets the parameters i need to pass to it to work. That being said the zipcode is in "string" form instead of "integer" for so i'm assuming its built that way to be able to use canadian zip codes. I'll definitely test that prior to release.

Originally posted by ThunderStick View Post
                        Wow, I was just about to ask a question if there was such a plugin yet. Freeway does this currently and uses RR skin coding, possibly it would be a good idea to check this out as well.
                        CANT WAIT>......
                        i didnt know freeway did it. Is Oero even still around. I'd love to peak at his source, even though i believe he's working in C isnt he? I'm about a 3rd of the way there doing this in vb6. I'm able to send the data but some reason i'm not getting anything back, no data, no errors, nothing. So i've got my work cut out for me. But i'm putting hours into it daily so a solution should be just around the corner.

Comment

Sonic, if you want a consult let me know.

I have done the traffic cams and UK petrol in VB6 so I might be able to help.

I have had a brief look at the UK sites for Cinema, found one that seem to be national but the page was info overload when I had a quick glance at it

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                            i didnt know freeway did it. Is Oero even still around. I'd love to peak at his source, even though i believe he's working in C isnt he? I'm about a 3rd of the way there doing this in vb6. I'm able to send the data but some reason i'm not getting anything back, no data, no errors, nothing. So i've got my work cut out for me. But i'm putting hours into it daily so a solution should be just around the corner.
                            Freeway is done in VB6 as well.
                            Here is a link to his website that has the source avaiable for download.
                            http://freeway.sourceforge.net/?src
                            New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
                            New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
                            "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

CANT WAIT>......
                              Freeway is done in VB6 as well.
                              Here is a link to his website that has the source avaiable for download.
                              http://freeway.sourceforge.net/?src
                              Doesn't freeway use Centrafuse style skins, not RoadRunner ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X