RRShoutCast- Shoutcast Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRShoutCast- Shoutcast Plugin

Friend asked me to develop a standalone shoutcast application for $$$.. so while i was on the clock i whipped up one for RR. Much more to come soon.

version 0.5.0 available
    https://autoappmart.com/products/RRShoutcast_228

Please note this plugin has seen a total rewrite. Delete all RRShoutcast files and skins before installing!
    Last edited by Sonicxtacy02; 02-10-2012, 04:06 PM.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

cool, me likey....

doesn't your friend also need a full fledged handsfree phone app that he wants to pay you to do aswell?
    Sig, smig...

Ford Flex Toshiba Excite 7.7 Install

CoverMess - Cool Flash Covers

FlashFlex - Flash Components for your skinning pleasure

Mazda Millenia, Road Runner

YouTube - Road Runner, IGO8 PC, Dashcommand OBD, Visteon HD Radio

Comment

Originally posted by pcpete View Post
      cool, me likey....

doesn't your friend also need a full fledged handsfree phone app that he wants to pay you to do aswell?
      hell i wish.. for all that work i could charge him a fortune!

i'm surprised how easy this was to do... not only can i specify genre to get a list of stations, i can set limits on the station list... search genre/station list, and create an on the fly randomized list of stations already. Got some timing issues to work out and it should be done.

Comment

sounds good man, cant wait,

can you filter by bitrate? i'm sq picky...
        Sig, smig...

Ford Flex Toshiba Excite 7.7 Install

CoverMess - Cool Flash Covers

FlashFlex - Flash Components for your skinning pleasure

Mazda Millenia, Road Runner

YouTube - Road Runner, IGO8 PC, Dashcommand OBD, Visteon HD Radio

Comment

spose i can add it.. by default the list is sorted by listener count. But i'll add sort options for bitrate and MIME type too.

Comment

Subscribed
            HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Ready for some testers. All thats needed is the latest RR, .net 2.0 , and internet. Only features not working at this time are the sort option and favorite channels. The current playing track also does not update, but i'm looking for a solution to that now.

Comment

Originally posted by pcpete View Post
                Sign me up...
                see post 1

Comment

looking good so far takes alittle while to get the 1st station list , but thats understandable, is there away of saveing a start up list and have a refresh button to up date the list , sorry but not used shoutcast before . the only other thing i have noticed apart from what you have already mentioned, channel name , when i click on the list to a different channel the channel name changes to , should'nt this label stay fixed to the current playing station, or is it ment to change onclclick. the search works great got my gothic station's labels good apart from Now Playing (which you mentioned)

other than that so far all good

ENJOY
                  Riderunner / Genesis
                  Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
                  New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
                  Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
                  Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
                  Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

Very cool

very cool plugin but, not title on dfx4 skin !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by carputer1 View Post
                      looking good so far takes alittle while to get the 1st station list , but thats understandable, is there away of saveing a start up list and have a refresh button to up date the list , sorry but not used shoutcast before . the only other thing i have noticed apart from what you have already mentioned, channel name , when i click on the list to a different channel the channel name changes to , should'nt this label stay fixed to the current playing station, or is it ment to change onclclick. the search works great got my gothic station's labels good apart from Now Playing (which you mentioned)

other than that so far all good

ENJOY
                      well stations go on/offline all the time.. so the only way to keep an uptodate list is to pull from the site is time. You can always set your list limit to somethin smaller than 1000.. that should cut down on the time greatly. There will eventually be a "fav" command that loads nothing but your list of favorite online stations. I'm assuming that will be the favored option because it skips having to sort thru 400 different genres lol.

Comment

that sounds like a plan cheers sonic's
                        Riderunner / Genesis
                        Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
                        New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
                        Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
                        Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
                        Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

The following are my initial comments/requests after running this plugin for the first time. Keep in mind, I've been running Internet radio in RR for over three years via Winamp Library loaded by the launch menu.

1. Hitting "ESC" or "EXIT" takes you completely out of the screen and when you go back to the screen its starts anew. I s there no way of returning from where you left off.

2. I know I can organize my skin layout for this plugin as I see fit, but once a genre has been selected, I would like to see all the info about a channel "ONCLICK". Right now the only label updated "ONCLICK" of a station in the list is its CHANNEL NAME - I'd want all info about that station, i.e., NOW PLAYING, MIME TYPE, and BITRATE, too. I know the NOW PLAYING would require update from the web and its one area no one has figured out how to update for multiple channels, not even Winamp. In the last three attempts I've tested for everybody gave up on getting XM Radio style channel updates working. The bitrate is important cause some slower connections (like my Aircard) work great at 96 but struggles at 128.

3. One workaround for the "now playing" issue is to change the label to TRACKNAME once a station has been selected. A timer fired RELOADLIST will keep it updated. As stated above, I'd prefer a separate label for "current playing track" and "now playing for selected station".

4. Is this list scrollable with iList? It scrolls when loading, but I can't "flick" it to scroll.

5. Is there any way to filter the 20 random channels button?

I'm loving the search function and the speed of the plugin. Don't stop this could be impressive!
                          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Originally posted by pierrotm777 View Post
                            very cool plugin but, not title on dfx4 skin !!!!
                            You need to go through the DFX .skin files and replace all the TAGTITLE labels with TRACKNAME. Be sure to replace those in subdirectories too. I use WildEdit to do global replace in multiple files - takes 2 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                            X