Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RRRSSReader... because this place is a ghost town!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRRSSReader... because this place is a ghost town!

Gee guys where's all the plugin development!?! lol

Started working on this as a simple request here in the subforum. RRRSSReader is a plugin which allows up to 50 rss feeds to be displayed and read from RR. Its pretty simple in nature... one screen shows your list of feed URLs (listed by title), and the "read" screen shows the available topics listed as well as a description box. Descriptions can be read via TTS, and the "goto" command shows the full URL to the associated topic in your web browser.

This plugin should work with all rss 1.0/2.0 urls.

Status: pretty much done, need some more experience RSS users to test

UPDATED with link: https://autoappmart.com/products/RRRssReader_124

Some notes/questions:
    -I've been outta the RR Plugin game now for over a year. There's bound to be bugs here
    -Thanks for the carwings SDK. It really should be sticked in this forum AND the skin forum considering its the "default" skin now
    -This plugin needs a better name and better skin!
    -How the heck do i remove the windows media player icon from the CL?
    Attached Files
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

i put the old rss feed link for my ancient traffic details plugin and the link STILL works. Pretty amazing lol

Comment

in your sc line

sc,xx,xx,xx,xx,123,123,123,3,000,000

if i remeber right
      Riderunner / Genesis
      Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
      New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
      Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
      Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
      Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

thanks.

so the plugin is done .. in its current form. Who wants to test? It'll probably be on the Mp3car App store tomorrow.

Comment

added link in first post

Comment

Cool , It's a good plugin .

Thanks for this share

Comment

Found a small bug in your "Uninstall.cmd". It is referencing another Plugin of yours...

regasm /u /tlb RRVehicleMaintenance.dll

Comment

A couple more bugs I came across with the bundled demo skin.

When I selected a feed with zero available topics and click "RSSREADER_GETFEEDS" button, the label "Rssreader_description" will still display news from the last read topic instead of showing nothing/blank.

The "RSSREADER_READ" command causes my music which was in pause mode to play before it reads out via TTS.

Comment

Originally posted by RS200Z View Post
                  A couple more bugs I came across with the bundled demo skin.

When I selected a feed with zero available topics and click "RSSREADER_GETFEEDS" button, the label "Rssreader_description" will still display news from the last read topic instead of showing nothing/blank.

The "RSSREADER_READ" command causes my music which was in pause mode to play before it reads out via TTS.
                  will fix both issues tomorrow. Its funny... i couldnt even get the "READ" function to work and all it is ina "TALK;Description" command honestly. Ill put a status check before controlling the audio.

Comment

This is cool. Can have a preloaded RRS feeds on skin bugs via my tracker, to be viewed directly in the skin.
                    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                    RRMedia
                    RRExtended
                    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Posted new version which fixes the issues RS200Z mentioned

Comment

Thanks for new version. I found another bug, this time it's in the Internet Connection detection algorithm. It seems like when the plugin is loaded and there is no Internet connectivity at that point of time, it wouldn't work even if Internet is available subsequently.

For example when used in car, RR starts and it loads the plugin. I connect to a WiFi hotspot along the way or Internet directly via my 3G modem, RSS still doesn't show my news feed. I need to restart RR and this time it works.

Comment

Originally posted by RS200Z View Post
                          Thanks for new version. I found another bug, this time it's in the Internet Connection detection algorithm. It seems like when the plugin is loaded and there is no Internet connectivity at that point of time, it wouldn't work even if Internet is available subsequently.

For example when used in car, RR starts and it loads the plugin. I connect to a WiFi hotspot along the way or Internet directly via my 3G modem, RSS still doesn't show my news feed. I need to restart RR and this time it works.
                          if no internet is detected when rr is started there's a timer which checks every 30 seconds if internet is available. If internet is found the urls are loaded into an array which the plugin uses to parse whenever the user is ready.

Was this a fresh RR start or a situation where you resumed from hibernation? I need to check to see if i enable the timer again at hibernation, but i dont believe i do.

Comment

New version available

for people updating from prior versions, make sure to copy the new skin files over and DO NOT copy over RRRssReader.ini unless you want to lose your saved URLs

i'm also moving this thread out of the "in progress" section.

Comment

Hi Sonicxtacy, I am still experiencing the Internet connectivity bug with the new version. Maybe you can try this at home.

- Unplug your UTP cable or disable your Wifi connection.
                              - Start RR
                              - Load RSS reader skin (it should be not be displaying any news feed)
                              - Reconnect UTP cable or re-enable Wifi connection
                              - Wait 30 secs or more.
                              - Load RSS reader skin again (still not displaying any news feed though it should)

Comment

Working...
                              X