Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR WebRadio - Proof of concept plugin (SOURCE TYPE)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RR WebRadio - Proof of concept plugin (SOURCE TYPE)

    this adds web radio... it uses Winamp as player (so you have to have winamp properlly installed)
    (you dont have to use winamp for RR has nothing to do with that)
    sample skin for carwings is included
    a bunch of streams included

    thanks to Dartman_71 for his ideas and testing...

    DOWNLOAD HERE:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/llqix2d7u...VLhN/RRPlugins

    Code:
    ************************************************************
    RideRunner Extension Plugin for Web Radio
    ************************************************************
    
    Written by MJS Gadgets www.mjsgadgets.com
    Inspired by Dantman_71
    
    
    ! Requires .net 3.5sp1 framework
    
    * Sample Skin installed into: <RR Root Folder>\Plugins\RRWebRadio\Sample Skin
    
    
    NOTES:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    1. This uses winamp to play web radio streams.
    2. If your audio player in RR is configured as Winamp,
       the EQ Settings, Preamp Volume will sync.
    
    
    Parameter Definitions:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    url              = URL or playlist file ".m3u" or ".m3u8".
    pname            = Stream name.
    
    
    Default Data folder:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Profile Mode: My Documents\RideRunner\Plugins\RRWebRadio\
    Legacy Mode: <RRROOT>\Plugins\RRWebRadio\
    
    
    Data File format:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    path or file||displayed text
    
    Examples:
    Pop.txt||[ Pop ]
    mitch.txt||Mitch's Favorites
    610 Wip.m3u||610 WIP Sports Talk
    http://10.10.1.1:8000||My Stream
    
    
    ************************************************************
    ** SKIN COMMANDS
    ************************************************************
    "WEBRADIO"                                                               - Loads "WebRadio.skin"
    
    "WEBRADIO_SETURL;url;pname"                                              - Opens a stream and begins playing.
        ex. WEBRADIO_SETURL;http://83.145.201.209:8000;BassoRadio
            WEBRADIO_SETURL;mywebstream.m3u,My Web Stream 
    
    "PLAY"                                                                   - Plays current stream.
    
    "STOP"                                                                   - Stops current stream.
    
    "PAUSE"                                                                  - Pause(stop) current stream.
    
    "RESUME"                                                                 - Plays current stream.
    
    "LOADLIST;listname.txt"                                                  - Loads a stream list.
    
    "RELOADLIST"                                                             - (Re)loads the 'root' stream list.
    "RELOADLIST;1"                                                           - (Re)loads the current stream list.
    
    ************************************************************
    ** EVENTS
    ************************************************************
    
    
    ************************************************************
    ** SKIN LABELS
    ************************************************************
    "STATUS"                                                                 - Returns "playing, paused, stopped"
    
    "PLAYLIST"                                                               - Returns the current stream "friendly" name.
    
    "TRACKNAME"                                                              - Returns stream broadcasted message.
    
    "KBPS"                                                                   - Returns bitrate of stream "xxx Kbps"
    
    "KHZ"                                                                    - Returns sample rate of stream "xxx Khz"
    
    
    ************************************************************
    ** SKIN INDICATORS
    ************************************************************
    "STATUS"                                                                 - Image in skin path, "play.png", "stop.png", "pause.png"
                                                                               (.gif is also tried)
    
    "ALBUMART"                                                               - Image of stream, uses file name of stream
                                                                               If URL type, then "webradio_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
                                                                               Where in URL, : & \ are replaced with .
                                                                               Ex. URL = http://10.10.1.1:8000
                                                                               File name is, "webradio_10.10.1.1.8000"
                                                                                                            
    "WEBRADIO_ART"                                                           - see "ALBUMART"
    
    
    ************************************************************
    ** SKIN SLIDERS
    ************************************************************
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mitchjs; 01-12-2014, 10:33 PM.
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  • #2
    Awesome plugin. I have it working well, but few things I've noticed regarding winamp. For some reason when loading road runner it loads 2 instances of winamp - one for the radio and one for my music. Not a huge issue but if I listen to radio and then switch to my music, I can't adjust the eq as it's focussed on the instance playing radio.

    I've tried manually closing one of the instances after loading RR but this creates its own issues. If I listen to music and then try to listen to radio, the radio stations won't load and I get an invalid URL message.

    Any suggestions?

    Comment


    • #3
      great plugin! is it possible to start a stream by double clicking on the list item in any way?
      further i made a skin for elite lite 1.6.6 - if anyone wants it or mitch want to include it, let me know.

      Comment


      • #4
        This is a new great plugin.

        Thanks mitchjs :-)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by fruchtfliege View Post
          great plugin! is it possible to start a stream by double clicking on the list item in any way?
          further i made a skin for elite lite 1.6.6 - if anyone wants it or mitch want to include it, let me know.
          Stream should start when you double click item on list, at least mine start.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pierrotm777 View Post
            This is a new great plugin.

            Thanks mitchjs :-)
            And took only four months to notice it hehehee...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dartman_71 View Post
              Stream should start when you double click item on list, at least mine start.
              thanks, maybe i made a failure when converting it to elite lite skin

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by doctr_nick View Post
                Awesome plugin. I have it working well, but few things I've noticed regarding winamp. For some reason when loading road runner it loads 2 instances of winamp - one for the radio and one for my music. Not a huge issue but if I listen to radio and then switch to my music, I can't adjust the eq as it's focussed on the instance playing radio.

                I've tried manually closing one of the instances after loading RR but this creates its own issues. If I listen to music and then try to listen to radio, the radio stations won't load and I get an invalid URL message.

                Any suggestions?
                it uses its own instance of winamp, the eq should match the other instance(music), its complicated...
                dont be closing any instances of winamp
                -Thanks
                Mitch
                www.rush2112.net

                "Did you test it in carwings??"

                Sun, Come shine my way
                May healing waters bury all my pain
                Wind, Carry me home
                The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                The piece of me that died
                Will return To live again

                Comment


                • #9
                  Work perfect. Only one questions how to make it work whit "ALBUMART" my webstream: WEBRADIO_SETURL;mms://live.radio1.si/antena ;Radio Antena - image name: webradio_live.radio1.si.antena.jpg is thease correct? where to copy it?

                  Thanks
                  Last edited by Mali_Arkan; 10-13-2011, 08:13 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Images goes to genre folders, for example RideRunner\Plugins\RRWebRadio\Streams\Dance

                    If your station is playlist like... Radio Plaa Plaa.m3u then you name image Radio Plaa Plaa.jpg.
                    If you use URL for example http://83.145.201.209:8000/ then you name your image WebRadio_83.145.201.209.8000

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I know I'm being a killjoy, but what does this plugin add that can't already be accomplished using the RR Winamp audio player?
                      I guess if you're not using Winamp for the audio player, it would be useful, but I play webradio in WMP as well... haven't tried any of the other available RR audio configurations.

                      Mitch, can you post the docs/txt files for this plugin? My dev machine is down and I don't want to run the setup on my operational machine just to read the documentation.
                      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        interesting post gizmo. i never thought of playing webstreams with normal audio player because i changed from centrafuse and there is no way to play streams with stock audio player... but my personal advantage of this plugin is, that i have an own webradio button on homescreen. another one is, that the trackname doesn't show up correctly when starting some *.pls or *.m3u stream in audio player (like from di.fm). somehow it works with webradio plugin!

                        edit: had managed it to show trackname of streams global. now i'm 100% satisfied!
                        Last edited by fruchtfliege; 10-13-2011, 05:48 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
                          I know I'm being a killjoy, but what does this plugin add that can't already be accomplished using the RR Winamp audio player?
                          I guess if you're not using Winamp for the audio player, it would be useful, but I play webradio in WMP as well... haven't tried any of the other available RR audio configurations.

                          Mitch, can you post the docs/txt files for this plugin? My dev machine is down and I don't want to run the setup on my operational machine just to read the documentation.

                          this a a proof of concept custom source plugin
                          and the skin and the plugin is taylored for webradio
                          -Thanks
                          Mitch
                          www.rush2112.net

                          "Did you test it in carwings??"

                          Sun, Come shine my way
                          May healing waters bury all my pain
                          Wind, Carry me home
                          The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                          The piece of me that died
                          Will return To live again

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dartman_71 View Post
                            Images goes to genre folders, for example RideRunner\Plugins\RRWebRadio\Streams\Dance

                            If your station is playlist like... Radio Plaa Plaa.m3u then you name image Radio Plaa Plaa.jpg.
                            If you use URL for example http://83.145.201.209:8000/ then you name your image WebRadio_83.145.201.209.8000
                            Thanks for your help

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks again for thease plugin i have only one problem i cant start a stream by double clicking on the list item. I lost that future failure when converting it to another skin. Any Idea?

                              Thanks for all your hard work mitchjs

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X