• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScreenLock plugin

ScreenLock Plugin
    ==================

ScreenLock attempts to prevent unauthorized access to RoadRunner,
    by requiring a PIN to execute a chosen function.

The main intended use is to lock the screen while unattended.
    It can also be used to prevent unauthorized access to components,
    for example launching RRConfig.
    When ScreenLock is activated, commands including EXIT and CLOSE are
    disabled, which prevents backing-out of the lock.

0.5.0 - 8/2/08
    This is a major rewrite, and ScreenLock's operation has changed.
    *** The plugin is now loaded from menu.skin, not the lock skin.

ScreenLock is called with the command 'LOCK_START', which will then
    execute LOCKCMD from screenlock.ini.
    An example of LOCKCMD might be "LOAD;Screenlock.skin".

This release also includes new features for executing an RR cmd on failed PIN,
    muting speech and notofocation of failed attempts.

See the README.txt for more details and examples
    Attached Files

cool!

busy man arent you

Comment

this isnt working for me. The .dll is registered, screenlock.ini is in C:\program files\road runner and the skins are installed in my freedom skin folder. I use load;screenlock.skin to present the screenlock screen. type in my pin listed in the .ini and hit enter. after hitting enter the *'s go away but it doesnt go thru with the command listed in the second line.
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

What command are you trying to execute? I tested it with a couple of different commands, but can't say I spent a lot of time testing. If you're getting the *s then the dll is obviously loading ok.
        Does it work if you just have exit on the second line? (no quotes around it)

Comment

i tried PHOCO, then i tried it with EXIT.. didnt make a difference.

Comment

Does not work for me. See the *'s go away but nothing happens. Like to have working tho
            My car: 2009 MAZDA CX-9 3.7L V6 runnin on LPG (Liquid Petrol Gas)
            Hardware: None at the moment
            Software: None at the moment
            See: Velleman K8055 Plugin for Road Runner

Progress: [XXXXXXXXXX] 0 % DONE

Comment

There's a new version for download now from http://www.festy.org/files/ScreenLock.zip - this one's a little bit smarter...
              If it still doesn't work, try adding a blank like to screenlock.ini under the command to execute.

Comment

works good for me, nice job
                01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

works for me too now.. Thanks!

Comment

one issue i just found, is in the screenlock.ini the command to execute when the correct password is given. The commands only work if its a single command and dosent recognize custom commands from ExecTBL.ini

Im trying to use RESUME||EXIT
                    In my button that goes to the screenlock screen i have a pause so it pauses the music when the screen is locked.

beer replenishment fund
                    mp3car live search

Comment

Yep I haven't been able to get multiple commands working for some reason. I'll see if I can sort something out...

Comment

i noticed its ignoring exectbl.ini. Both the main one and the one in the skin files. If that issue could be sorted I'd use this daily

Comment

I don't know the inner workings of the extension plugin interface, but all I'm doing is modifying a command and returning it to rr. I'm changing it to direct calls via the SDK interface, hopefuly that will take exectbl.ini into account.

Comment

i just put the multiple commands in the unlock button code, so there is a work around
                            in the .skin file for the enter button
                            "LOCK_ENTER||RESUME"

this way, if someone enters the wrong password it will resume the music but stay on the lock screen and you can know if someone was trying to guess the pw

As it is its fine for me, i dont care if it ignores the ExecTBL.ini or not
                            you can allways still define whatever command you want in the ExecTBL.ini and use it in the .skin file. Same results.

One thing to note though. If you have a keyboard thats in the car and connected you can still use the ESC key to back out of the screenlock without password. If some one is actually is trying to bypass the lock and they see your keyboard its only a matter of time before they click the ESC key if they are even remotely computer literate.
                            Maybe disable the ESC command somehow when entering the screen lock?
                            Not a issue at all for me, but maybe for someone.

beer replenishment fund
                            mp3car live search

Comment

New version at http://www.festy.org/files/ScreenLock.zip
                              The ini has changed, now has PIN=xxxx and CMD=xxxx, and multiple commands can be passed, seperated by ||. The plugin splits the CMD string up into individual commands and sends each one to RR individually.
                              Sending the commands directly means commands in exectbl.ini work now.
                              I've given it a quick test with single commands, ie. CMD=exit, with multiple commands ie. CMD=exit||audio, and with commands from exectbl.ini, ie. CMD=customcmd1.

Does it work for anyone else, or have I broken it completely?

Edit - didn't think about the ESC thing, as I don't have a k/b. I'll see if it's possible to disable the ESC key...

Comment

Working...
                              X