Shock Skin - Preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock Skin - Preview

My skin that Im working on for my embedded setup. Looking at making it very fast, very functional and very stable. So far it is rock solid. The art in the first pics was redone so be sure to scroll down to see the new stuff.
    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Nice look, keep up the good work.
    Worklog - 2000 Cavalier

Comment

Nice...Very Clean oem look with a sense of style. Keep working at this...

Comment

I've got all the menus in jpeg format and I suppose the best way to code this is from scratch with the RR skin editor? I do not need or want flash with this skin, Going for speed here.

Comment

well main menu and audio menu are done. RR skin editor rocks! I am having fun with this, and can appreciate the hard work that goes into a skin. So far the skin is hella fast because its small and only a couple menus. I've already changed a few buttons around and will probably use labels for the buttons so they are customize-able. No word yet on a release date but just wanted to let you guys know that im still working on this. The buttons look really good because they 'reverse' gradient when pushed. Also im using flexisign pro to generate the .jpeg menu files but I will be switching to photoshop because the jpeg quality is better. Cheers

P.S. I also got my HQCT radio module working perfect

Comment

Question:

Well I redid all the graphics in photoshop and have some more menus done. Its starting to really take shape here! Im just wondering how come if I define an image (IMG) and put a (B) button on top of the image, when I click the button the image under it dissappears and does not come back. Is there anyway to redraw the image or is there a way to just make the image static? Its a non animated .jpg image that im trying to put buttons on. Reason im doing this is because im attempting to make the fastest RR skin available and all my menus use the same 2 picture files. When you switch screens there is 0 load time because the .jpg's are already loaded. You are basically switching labels and other definitions. So far its really fast but I need to add a bar in the audio menu with buttons and I want to do this with the IMG command. Ive attached a pic because a pic is worth 1000 words.

If I cannot solve this issue I am thinking about releasing the code so the guru's can take a look at it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Never Mind, Im going to use labels (webdings) for those buttons, its even faster and stable. Here is a screencap of my skin actually running.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nav Screen.

Skin is lightning quick with all transitions tested.

Only issue I could find is the nav screen on transistion 0, the map would not redraw at times switching around. Other than that rock solid GPS map. I didn't even plan it but damn the bottom buttons line up nice with the indicator bar in iGuidance!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by blk02si View Post
                  Nav Screen.

Skin is lightning quick with all transitions tested.

Only issue I could find is the nav screen on transistion 0, the map would not redraw at times switching around. Other than that rock solid GPS map. I didn't even plan it but damn the bottom buttons line up nice with the indicator bar in iGuidance!
                  lol yea they do.... suggestions, for what they are worth: id go ahead and line the buttons up, make it an even cleaner look. second, up a copule posts (the one of the screencap actually running), id change the highlight color to something that goes with the other green more. its a little bright and looks kind microsoft paint-y. otherwise its comin along nicely and keep itup

EDIT: thought of more lol. some of the words at the top might be hard to read. not sure if thats changeable or not but o well. on a positive note, i like the font choice. i guess thats all i got. i assume more stuff will go in the black space. again, keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by blk02si View Post
                    Its starting to really take shape here! Im just wondering how come if I define an image (IMG) and put a (B) button on top of the image, when I click the button the image under it dissappears and does not come back. Is there anyway to redraw the image or is there a way to just make the image static?
                    You'll need to put the same image in all the available layers. 5 code entries per image you want to remain static.

i.e.
                    IMG,181,420,32,30,"system.gif",OFF
                    IMG,181,420,32,30,"system.gif",ON
                    IMG,181,420,32,30,"system.gif",DOWN
                    IMG,181,420,32,30,"system.gif",EMPTY
                    IMG,181,420,32,30,"system.gif",OUT
                    Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Thank YOu Sal, I will be working more on this skin when I get home from work today and will give that a try.

Comment

Skin is coming along VERY good. Finally got some time to mess around it some more and the next thing you know, I redid all the graphics in photoshop, again! I went for more of a glass theme this time but overall I think it looks much better. Right now I am working on making everything work and work stable. Once I have all the menus done I am going to release the skin for the community to use.
                        Attached Files

Comment

On screen keyboard is done. Wow that was a tedious one. While im doing tedious skins I am going to tackle the mixer.

Comment

IS IT possible to send scripts to the CMD shell through roadrunner? I would like to write some scripts for making changes to my enhanced write filter (embedded OS)

A button that would disable the overly and write all changes made to my c drive. That way if I edit my presets or rr.ini (which is on the embedded c drive) I can just hit this button. I also want to do a button to re-enable the EWFMGR command for boot so when it restarts the write filter is again activated protecting my sandisk flash drive.

Commands I type into the shell currently to achieve this:

ewfmgr c: -commitanddisable -live

Command I type into shell to enable the overlay at boot

ewfmgr c: -enable

Comment

NM figured it out. This is getting really fun, I never knew RR was so powerful and how custom you can make the frontend for your system.

As you can see the prompt gets stuck because I don't have EWF installed on my development desktop. I will test functionality when I get the skin in the stang.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X