• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilverandGold - A New Era

DOWNLOAD FROM HERE AND TRACK PROJECT PROGRESS AS WELL
    LINKE HERE

17 July 2007
    Released RC1
    This release is what I am considering a stable and fully functional skin. It works great and is full featured. Things may be added in the future but for now this is what I am considering done.
    GPS Full screen requires iguidance.
    30 June 2007
    My original idea of having the play bar at the top be a pop up has been been retired. It is a static bar in the same spot with the same stuff on every screen. When you hit the more button, a pop up displays with volume control, weather and gas price buttons. More may be added in the future. This was done to keep clutter off the main menu and also if you dont use them you dont want them allways accessible. The most used buttons are also on every menu.
    GPS Music and Apps. These three seem to be the most used. They are just labels and button codes so if you want to go ahead and change them to what ever. The only one that is not a label and button code is the more button. Since this displays the pop up it will also be on every screen.

***Since I added gas price finder options you have to copy the gas folder from the zip file and copy it to the native Road Runner folder. This will display icons for the gas stations as shown in the screen shot.

1 June 2007 3:50pm
    Menu Screen with out popup menu implimented.

10 June 2007
    Audio Browser

Audio Player
    GPS Screen
    and Skin Browser Complete

18 June 2007 8:30pm
    Beta Release
    and Project Log created at savefile.com

19 June 2007
    Fixed a few bugs in new beta release
    Added an album art downloader on the project link

30 June 2007
    Added Weather Screen

GPS Fullscreen
    Gas Prices Screen

Available for download from the Beta Three Download Link on my project page.
    Full screen GPS is still untested since I do not have any GPS software installed on my home machine. But it should work.

In order for the gas price icons to display you will have to copy the GAS folder to your native RR folder.

18 JUL 2007

Not much done lately but I have added password protection to the options.
    As default you will have to enter a password to exit Road Runner. The Default password is 1234 to exit RR.
    Other passwords can be added to execute any RR command. Read the README file for installation instructions and usage located in the Screen lock folder included in the ZIP file when downloaded.
    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

are you going to code it in flash I think that would add a tremendous amount of flexablity in this skin. I could see the menu's sliding around a bit
    anyway my two cents

Comment

BAMF font?
      Haven't seen that one in a while. This is starting out to look pretty nice. The audio control pop up is a good idea, but two button presses to change to the next song or pause it may become cumbersome after a while. (I'm assuming there would be a button to call up the audio controls, and then the actual control button itself?)
      theres my $2/100
      2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
      Car PC Progress:
      Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
      Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
      Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
      RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
      View my
      Worklog
      Road Runner Skins
      Website
      Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by dmxl View Post
        are you going to code it in flash I think that would add a tremendous amount of flexablity in this skin. I could see the menu's sliding around a bit
        anyway my two cents
        Sorry will not be in flash, it is too demanding on less powerfull processors and older systems. I intend to keep it fairly simple with a little flair. A total plan has not been developed and things will change as developement is moving forward.

As far as the pop up audio menu, I think I may nix that idea and have a popup custom control on a side bar instead. But as for now, my ideas are flowing and you can expect to see a lot more to come in the near future.

Thanks for the interest

Comment

Updated menu lay out, popup audio controls nixed and made static to the top of menu. Song data and time will also display up there possibly

Comment

Lot's of progress made today. I got the audio browser, audio player, GPS and Skin Browser completed. I also made a sidebar that pops up when the more button is pressed. On the sidebar will be volume control along with a few custom buttons.
            Release will be with in 30 days hopefully...

Comment

Originally posted by dmxl View Post
              anyway my two cents
              flash = less flexible in matters pertaining to skinning trust me unless yo have patience and skill like CDR flash is a no no.
              .______
              | '_ |__\___
              [(o)|___(o)] XB
              ._________
              | I__I I_I|_\__I
              [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Originally posted by lostreception View Post
                flash = less flexible in matters pertaining to skinning trust me unless yo have patience and skill like CDR flash is a no no.
                I agree and flash will be a no no in this skin. Most carputers can not handle flash anyway. Most of us are using epia boards and frankly they just can not handle the demand that flash needs. Advantages of flash are not necessary anyway. I want my skin to be functional, stable and easy to use. Tons of features and animations seem to take away from ease of use and stability.
                Sorry but flash will not be seen here but I do promise it will be stable and fully functional.
                Thanks,
                Thunderstick

Comment

I guess I see your Point about flash taxing a lot of machines out there
                  Can't wait to see the beta

Comment

Beta Released
                    Check out the first post for the link..

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderStick View Post
                      Skin Browser Complete
                      glad to see my skins are two thirds of what you have on that computer!
                      Car PC Progress:
                      View my
                      Worklog
                      Road Runner Skins
                      Website
                      Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

few suggestions:

The current time and the total track time aren't aligned.
                        Top Left corner would be a great place to put the volume controls. It's a little bit of a hassle to press more and then vol up or down.
                        Exit from main screen did nothing.
                        Album art stretches to disproportionate sizes.

This is just the few things I've noticed after playing with it for a few minutes.

Overall, looking good though.
                        Car PC Progress:
                        View my
                        Worklog
                        Road Runner Skins
                        Website
                        Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyracer View Post
                          few suggestions:

The current time and the total track time aren't aligned.
                          Top Left corner would be a great place to put the volume controls. It's a little bit of a hassle to press more and then vol up or down.
                          Exit from main screen did nothing.
                          Album art stretches to disproportionate sizes.

This is just the few things I've noticed after playing with it for a few minutes.

Overall, looking good though.
                          I am surprised to see the album art even work. I could not get it to display on my machine.
                          As far as the exit button not working, there is no exit menu yet so in your RR CONFIG you have to have your EXIT option set to anything but SHOW MENU. That will solve that for now.
                          As far as volume control goes I left it off the menus because my volume is controled from the head unit and once set, I dont touch it. And want it in a place where it wont get changed on mistake.

I have lots of space left for additional features and buttons please request them so I can try to add them in.

Comment

ya, my album art works, but I used album art downloader from this forum to go through my music and make sure that the art was attached to the songs and the folder, not just the folder itself. I don't think the link from the thread works anymore, but if you google it, you should be able to find it.
                            It stretches it the entire width of the screen. (easy fix in RRskineditor)

I change my volume through my deck too, but my skins have the volume change for those that don't do it like us.

However, I am in the process of making an entirely new skin suited for my own personal needs. I have a pioneer deck, and will be getting the car2pc-pio soon, which displays track title, artist, etc, and my music controls will be through that as well, so there will be more area dedicated to actual computer usage.

Keep up the great work on this skin.
                            Car PC Progress:
                            View my
                            Worklog
                            Road Runner Skins
                            Website
                            Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

I updated my skin so that it fixes the album art issue,
                              This should make everything useable for now.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X