Post the skin you use and why.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post the skin you use and why.

Just post a single screenshot to keep it simple. This is the one I use, it's the Steel Blues skin by MGD. A little outdated but it does everything I want and it looks great. What do you use and why?

Ampie Case
    2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
    Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
    Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
    M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

[SELFLESS PLUG] I use the DigitalFX skin [/SELFLESS PLUG]

I wrote it, as I wanted a fully transparent skin that you could use any color, background image, picture or whatever to change the entire look of the skin whenever I wanted to. Also wanted some kewl transparent looking Visuals to go along with it

Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

I use my rEČ skin... now the color i use just depends on what kinda mood i'm in lol. I use it because .. well i built it to suit my plugins/programs/need.

mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I'm not a skinner but I'm going to plug Simplistique. I like that it is not cluttered with all sorts of info i don't need, the contrast of the colors used makes it one of the easiest skins to see in sunlight without a transreflective screen, and the buttons are nice a big and easy to use and understand even by my fiance. Plus the graphics make it super clean looking IMO.

System always under construction

Comment

I use my epidermis, since it's been attached to my body for 39 years...

Ooooooh! You meant Roadrunner skins!
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working on my new one. HEMI TRANS. Like to have change the font colors also, it's lot of coding, but....I will get there.
            Attached Files

Comment

[shamelessplug]

MMIV2.0.

Why? It feels most at home in my audi. I wanted an OEM feel for my build and this was the best way to achieve that IMO.

[/shamelessplug]

Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Shock V3
                OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
                Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
                Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
                BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
                M2-ATX Power Supply
                RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
                Windows XP SP3

Comment

i use a skin that i am trying to make, but i also use digitalfx 2 a lot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

my polaris skin, it has all the features that i want and need. along with iPhone, if i want to skow off.
                    BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
                    RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
                    WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
                    RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
                    Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

DigitalFX pretty much constantly. Not perfect but certainly the most intuitive and feature rich. Sometimes I'll try FU but always end up back with DigitalFX with Burlwood.

Comment

my own custom. I wanted a central mph reading, with time and compass as well. I tailored the menu options to the functions I have working, or will eventually have working. The green color was chosen to match my interior oem lighting scheme.

EDIT: lol, I had to add the audio_player .. couldn't resist.

Comment

My own skin, Chameleon...it uses GDI+ to change the skin buttons and declares glabal variables through includes.txt to change text label colors on the fly

pretty handy when I'm moving the rig to the wife's car for a trip, and want to match her dash colors, logo, etc.

I can easily change the button colors and logo, also the night skin has a blue chrom screen color rather than this beige chrome (which matches my interior but is less interesting

Audio browser has a song information pop up (for 10 secs) that also has vol controls...I use optical out through an Alpine PXA-H701 controller so I do my volume and other control through that. (a big reason why I started my own skin was I didn't want to give up real estate to volume controls thyat I don't use)

Audio browesr also has a pop up skip to letter along the bottom and access to my mp3 plater, CD drive, USB drive

Comment

I use the iphone skin, because it looks and works great

Comment

Working...
                            X