Altitudinous - 768 X 1024 Tallskin Group Project *Worklog*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altitudinous - 768 X 1024 Tallskin Group Project *Worklog*

This will be the start of a portrait resolution skin which will be worked on by up to 4 or more people. The skin will support a widescreen resolution turned 90 degrees(tallscreen). The main reason for starting this thread is for active communication between the various people working on it and there relative time zones. This is the threads purpose though comments/questions or help offers are always welcome.

Files will be held at this location or thread attachments. ftp access can be arranged.
    http://bigs.omfg.net.au/altitudinous/

Ive attached what we have so far. Main menu done by 'sporty_drew' and is a good start, lets work with this.
    Attached Files
    Continued Worklog... Upgrades in progress:
    *15.4" WXGA LED backlight touchscreen upgrade
    *Custom fiberglass dash bezel

based on sporty_drew's graphic
    still a lot to go but its comin along

Comment

Our aim for this skin is to make the most of the large area and make the skin multi task so to speak. We can split the workable area into two smaller standard res views with a menu or two chuck in too, for instance GPS top half and complete music directory and player at the bottom. The combinations may be limited though as we will have to make a page for every combination plus a menu to support it. We will probably start out with music at the top 100% and the bottom half will be the choice. After we sort out the front page theme we will merge to the rest.

I freehand sketched what I was talking about a while back.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I know what you are starting with, I have a few ideas, and as soon as I get to my computer with photoshop, I'll post my concept...
        What font is sporty_drew using? edit: as in, aren't there a lot better ones...
        Which GPS program will you use?

I also have an idea for how to organize the skins, and select the different sections. If my theory works, you would be able to select any top section and any bottom section by selecting the top section first, then the bottom from a sub menu.

BTW, anyone wishing to help; the skin is 768 x 1024, and the half sections are 768 x 512 (not a standard widescreen resolution, same ratio as 720 x 480 or 3:2) just so that we are all working with the same resolutions.
        2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
        Car PC Progress:
        Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
        Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
        Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
        RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
        View my
        Worklog
        Road Runner Skins
        Website
        Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by BiGGy View Post

I freehand sketched what I was talking about a while back.
          hmm i'm not sure i like the font used in that one.. :P:P

looks like a great project -very impressed with your screen install!
          2005 Nissan Xtrail
          DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

Comment

Still working on my concept, I will try to get it done later today.
            Car PC Progress:
            View my
            Worklog
            Road Runner Skins
            Website
            Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

here's a little bit of my concept... What do you think?

the top would be for all about the music, album art to the left, track details to the right. the bottom would be for most other things, like album list, gps, etc. the buttons can be removed if not being used.

Car PC Progress:
              View my
              Worklog
              Road Runner Skins
              Website
              Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

That looks really good and follows mertz theme pretty close. If you can incorporate the full menu like that in every page that would be great.

Thanks for your comment tja

Also im going to be away for awhile living on campus, no guaranty ill have net access but ill try. Up to 5 weeks.

Comment

here's what I was going for:

The album art would take up the left box, or blank if no image, and the detailed track info to the right.

When RR first loads this would be the first screen, clicking anywhere in the visu area loads the winamp visu, and is displayed there (which by the way is exactly 512 x 512, i like it when things are actually calculated right)
                  The buttons are labels, so it may be possible to use the same image for many of the different screens, and just change the label itself...

A few tags need to be centered, and the track info labels (artist, etc) need to be somehow differentiated from the info specific to the track (linkin park in this example) I think I will just change the font color a little bit... hmm...

I like the way this is turning out, it's starting to inspire me to do a tall screen install! maybe?
                  Car PC Progress:
                  View my
                  Worklog
                  Road Runner Skins
                  Website
                  Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

ok, here's what the gps screen might look like:

Car PC Progress:
                    View my
                    Worklog
                    Road Runner Skins
                    Website
                    Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

this is what i added
                      still needs a few things added so it looks a bit better and not so plain

Comment

What size screen would you have to have? Any suggestions?
                        OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
                        Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
                        Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
                        BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
                        M2-ATX Power Supply
                        RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
                        Windows XP SP3

Comment

anything with a widescreen orientation, tilted so that it becomes tallscreen would work, Our design theme is for biggy's 15" screen, but this can be scaled down to anything, as long as it's a tallscreen set up.
                          Car PC Progress:
                          View my
                          Worklog
                          Road Runner Skins
                          Website
                          Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Looking good guys.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyracer View Post
                              The album art would take up the left box, or blank if no image, and the detailed track info to the right.

When RR first loads this would be the first screen, clicking anywhere in the visu area loads the winamp visu, and is displayed there (which by the way is exactly 512 x 512, i like it when things are actually calculated right)
                              The buttons are labels, so it may be possible to use the same image for many of the different screens, and just change the label itself...

A few tags need to be centered, and the track info labels (artist, etc) need to be somehow differentiated from the info specific to the track (linkin park in this example) I think I will just change the font color a little bit... hmm...

I like the way this is turning out, it's starting to inspire me to do a tall screen install! maybe?
                              Ill be keen on helping with your tallscreen if you do one, since your helping me out so much with this skin.

I had an idea a while back that I tried to explain to sporty but I dont think he understood entirely so Ill try and explain again here.

Would it be possible to have a 'toggle' style button on the screen which designates the menu bar to the top or bottom. This button would be labeled up/down or simple an arrow point up or down. For example the arrow is default pointing up, if I press video, it will change the top area to the video and leave the bottom the same, if I was to press the toggle button once the arrow will change to down therefore the menu is linked to the bottom half area, then pressing a button, say GPS witch will change the bottom area to GPS leaving the top as video. So in theory we could have two simitainious music listings going at once so the passenger can have her folders open while I can have mine, but enqueued into the same winamp so to speak.

What do you think of this idea? Is this toggle button possible? If it is I believe we would have to make a page for every possible combination of screens to accommodate, this would be time consuming.

Comment

Working...
                              X