Help needed ..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed ..

To all the designers out there ... I'm working on a transparent skin using Paint Shop Pro 7. I can create the image as I want it and then flatten it and export it using the PNG optimizer. However when I try using it in RR - I cannot see the screen.

Can someone explain if I'm doing something wrong in PSP7 ... what exactly are the steps I need to use in PSP to correctly generate a .png file for RR.

By the way ... RR works perfectly using any other transparent skin ... so its not the RR settings etc

Thanks ...
    -------------------------------
    The TEKNIK Family ... Teknik 1 & Teknik 2, Teknik T-3, Teknik v4.0, Teknik-X.

Originally posted by Valheru View Post
    To all the designers out there ... I'm working on a transparent skin using Paint Shop Pro 7. I can create the image as I want it and then flatten it and export it using the PNG optimizer. However when I try using it in RR - I cannot see the screen.

Can someone explain if I'm doing something wrong in PSP7 ... what exactly are the steps I need to use in PSP to correctly generate a .png file for RR.

By the way ... RR works perfectly using any other transparent skin ... so its not the RR settings etc

Thanks ...
    dont know how it calls in english, but =
    save as ...
    you get rows of possible formats....
    you switch to .png ...
    and save the file.

thats all.

i've try it by acdSee or irfanview... no chance to get them transpart.

Comment

tried that but still not working ... thanks anyway.

Comment

Does PSP actually allow you to save PNG with transparency ? that's my first question.. Flattening an image normally means making it "opaque" ... so it may just be a matter of how to save it.. but it could also be that PSP doesn't allow you to save it with transparency -- I do not know. I'd say: try to open an existing PNG from a skin and immediately save it -- see if it works normally in the skin, if so, then you can probably do it. If it doesn't work right after you save it, then you have to figure out a different way to save it, or just assume it can't be done.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I would also make sure you are in RGB mode rather than CMYK.

Comment

Use Paint.NET. Its free, and all you do is Flatten --> Save As --> PNG Format. Walla!
            Is it that it's fun? Or that it lets you forget yourself?

Comment

guino : u may be right, PSP might not actually save transparent PNG files .. well not the version I have.

Tensai : just downloaded Paint.NET and it does exactly as you say ... excellent

Thanks for your help guys.

Comment

You're welcome! Good luck! We look forward to seeing some your progress.
                Is it that it's fun? Or that it lets you forget yourself?

Comment

Working...
                X