Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

progression - my newly completed skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • progression - my newly completed skin

    hi all, i have been working on a new skin on and off for the past couple of months, and believe it is finally complete.

    features:
    transparent ilists (thanks Guino)
    changeable font colors (thanks monkeyracer)
    changeable list colors
    has the newest coverflow (thanks moahdib)
    has a fader section of the mixer screen (front/rear/sub)
    audio and gps combo screen
    and some other stuff im probably forgetting.

    heres some screen shots:
    main screen:

    audio browser:

    video player:

    video browser:

    skin browser:

    network connection:

    mixer:

    label color changer:

    list color changer:

    logo chooser:

    pop up menu (auto-closes after 5 sec.)

    external gps (IG4):

    file manager:

    coverflow v4:

    background chooser:

    audio/gps combo screen:



    i will post the download link in a bit, i just have to get it compressed, and uploaded.

    any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated
    David

  • #2
    links

    here are the download links, enjoy, and give feedback

    skin:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?bsjzzm9do2x

    psds:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?72zjy1wtbxy

    fonts:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0dl1nzi5jvy

    david

    Comment


    • #3
      looks good, I like to see how someone else implemented the font color chooser.
      Downloading now.
      2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
      Car PC Progress:
      Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
      Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
      Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
      RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
      View my
      Worklog
      Road Runner Skins
      Website
      Favorite thread EVER!

      Comment


      • #4
        The bar have been raised again! Excellent work..Thanks for sharing.
        ****************************************
        OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
        Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
        Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
        BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
        M2-ATX Power Supply
        RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
        Windows XP SP3

        Comment


        • #5
          Feedback..

          For some reason the buttons seam to lack depth as compared to your screencaps (above); i tried different BG's but they still look weird. Sorry maybe it's just me.

          EDIT: I see a good example: alternate between the audioGPS screen and the GPS screen and you'll see the difference in the buttons..

          Is there an exit button hidden somewhere?
          Attached Files
          ****************************************
          OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
          Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
          Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
          BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
          M2-ATX Power Supply
          RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
          Windows XP SP3

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by treetop777 View Post
            For some reason the buttons seam to lack depth as compared to your screencaps (above); i tried different BG's but they still look weird. Sorry maybe it's just me.

            EDIT: I see a good example: alternate between the audioGPS screen and the GPS screen and you'll see the difference in the buttons..

            Is there an exit button hidden somewhere?
            forgot to add an exit button, there really isn't a very good place to put one in the main menu though, i might make a second menu screen as i think this one is a bit crowded.

            with some colors the buttons do lack a little depth, any ideas of how to make them more 3d, but still use labels so i can change the colors? also, in your screenshot, did you change the fronts for the labels? in my shots they are the Tranjan Pro font, that may be the issue.

            david

            Comment


            • #7
              you can always use a simple push and hold, to have 2 commands in a single button. for example in your minimize button you can have a push and hold for exiting. you know for testing or in those beta releases is a good option.
              BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
              RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
              WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
              RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

              If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
              Bird York -- In The Deep --

              Comment


              • #8
                It would be nice if we could change the font.
                VmtSquad - I sold my soul to Honda!
                Final Install
                CarPC progress: 95%

                Comment


                • #9
                  That can be done in the same manner as the color.
                  First you would have to set a global definition for the font (example: #Font#)
                  Then create a font.skin (empty),
                  then in each skin you would need to have
                  Code:
                  /, INC, FILENAME
                  INC,font.skin
                  then have a list of fonts to choose from,
                  then when one is selected, you would need a button like this;

                  Code:
                  B005,672,308,105,58,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||WRITETOFILE;$skinpath$font.skin;=/DEFINE Font $LISTTEXT$||RELOADSKIN||Load;Font Select.skin",
                  Then each label would look sorta like this:

                  Code:
                  L02,26,28,87,32,#FRed#,#FGreen#,#FBlue#,22,"#Font#","=menu","CENTER"
                  hope this helps.
                  2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
                  Car PC Progress:
                  Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
                  Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
                  Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
                  RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
                  View my
                  Worklog
                  Road Runner Skins
                  Website
                  Favorite thread EVER!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nice Skin!

                    Everything is working for me, I am going to go through all your ilist code to learn more about the feature. Thanks again for sharing!
                    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

                    AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by monkeyracer View Post
                      That can be done in the same manner as the color.
                      First you would have to set a global definition for the font (example: #Font#)
                      Then create a font.skin (empty),
                      then in each skin you would need to have
                      Code:
                      /, INC, FILENAME
                      INC,font.skin
                      then have a list of fonts to choose from,
                      then when one is selected, you would need a button like this;

                      Code:
                      B005,672,308,105,58,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||WRITETOFILE;$skinpath$font.skin;=/DEFINE Font $LISTTEXT$||RELOADSKIN||Load;Font Select.skin",
                      Then each label would look sorta like this:

                      Code:
                      L02,26,28,87,32,#FRed#,#FGreen#,#FBlue#,22,"#Font#","=menu","CENTER"
                      hope this helps.
                      ok, i tried making a dir list to display the fonts folder in windows, but almost none of the names match, some just say bold etc. i want to be able to change the font from in the skin, but this would make it almost impossible to find the right font. any ideas?

                      here's a shot of the list:


                      also, i added an exit button as a push and hold on the minimize button as suggested, will upload the new version once i get the font list figured out.

                      david

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        did you add a Special Directory List:

                        Code:
                        /, SD, Alignment;Alignment, Disp;MODE, Icon Width, Icon Heigth, Path
                        SD,00,00,50,50,"C:\WINDOWS\Fonts","*.fon,*.ttf",540,324,,,,,,
                        or something like that, I haven't tried this yet, so I'm not sure what the results would be.
                        2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
                        Car PC Progress:
                        Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
                        Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
                        Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
                        RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
                        View my
                        Worklog
                        Road Runner Skins
                        Website
                        Favorite thread EVER!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by monkeyracer View Post
                          did you add a Special Directory List:

                          Code:
                          /, SD, Alignment;Alignment, Disp;MODE, Icon Width, Icon Heigth, Path
                          SD,00,00,50,50,"C:\WINDOWS\Fonts","*.fon,*.ttf",540,324,,,,,,
                          or something like that, I haven't tried this yet, so I'm not sure what the results would be.
                          yea, with more than one filetype specified, the list is empty, if i only specify one type or *.* then the list is full of misc. names, like in the screenshot, the fonts in the fonts folder don't actually show the filename, so arial bold is actually named arialbd.ttf, and the others are similar. I wonder if there is any way to make it show the actual font name and style instead of the filename?

                          david

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nice skin! This was my first play with iLists and coverflow - well implemented, congrats.

                            Does anyone else have a problem loading videos from the video browser? Everytime I double click on a title in the video browser it clears my winamp playlist, loads the video directory into Winamp and starts playing the video in the audio mode and never switches to video player.
                            HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by davidp View Post
                              yea, with more than one filetype specified, the list is empty, if i only specify one type or *.* then the list is full of misc. names, like in the screenshot, the fonts in the fonts folder don't actually show the filename, so arial bold is actually named arialbd.ttf, and the others are similar. I wonder if there is any way to make it show the actual font name and style instead of the filename?

                              david
                              I was thinking that guino would have to implement this into RR, something similar to "TRACKNAME" but maybe "FONTNAME" It would be even cooler if it would show the font in the font itself, quick preview...
                              2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
                              Car PC Progress:
                              Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
                              Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
                              Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
                              RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
                              View my
                              Worklog
                              Road Runner Skins
                              Website
                              Favorite thread EVER!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X