Problem with changing skin colors in Digital 2.0 FX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with changing skin colors in Digital 2.0 FX

Hey guys after doing alot of research on the forums I decided that I would go ahead and use the Digital FX skin, it is great with the exception of a few things, for the most part the errors are user created and this may very well be one of them lol. I have been using everything inside the program and now that I am becoming more comfortable with the program I wanted to change the skin, it locks the program. I have tried it many times, each time with the same results, attached is a screen shot. Any input would be great!
    Attached Files

I was just messing around in the C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\DigitalFX 2.0 folder and discovered if I edit the Skin configuration file I can change it to the name of any of the files in the C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\DigitalFX 2.0\Backgrounds folder and it works like a champ. Apparently there is either a bug with the program or just a bug with mine. I will attempt to remove and reinstall it later to see if that correct the problem.

Comment

I have the same exact problem! I have done the research and I am still clueless. I recently reinstalled and did not configure anything. I tried it and got the same result, freeze/lock up when click the 'Change Skin Color" button. I have the newest flash, I have tried it with tho old flahs method where you change 8c to 9c etc...Nothing has worked. Im in the same boat with you spyder.

Comment

Is this the background change function, the background COLOR change or the SKIN change function ? Are you both running the latest release?
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

This is the "Change Skin Color" button in the Settings menu of DFX 2. I have the latest versions.

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
            Is this the background change function, the background COLOR change or the SKIN change function ? Are you both running the latest release?
            Originally posted by Dougw133 View Post
            This is the "Change Skin Color" button in the Settings menu of DFX 2. I have the latest versions.
            I am also running the latest version of both RR and Digital fx. As Dougw133 mentioned it is the Change Skin Color button in the settings menu. every single time it locks up then throws an error message.

Comment

Well, I loaded everyhthing up exactly the same on my laptop and it worked like a dream. Even a fresh install of everything, RR/DFX on my CARPC didn't make a difference. It still hangs, and I have to reboot. I can't figure it out. Both are on XP Pro SP2, and my laptop has equal ram, only a much faster processor. Who knows??

Comment

Spyder...Have you changed any Applications or processes for system optimization>?

Comment

shot in the dark

Spyder...Have you changed any Applications or processes for system optimization>?
                  but DL this ,drop into your backgrounds folder and try again .
                  like i say shot in the dark
                  Attached Files
                  Riderunner / Genesis
                  Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
                  New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
                  Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
                  Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
                  Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

Alright, I'm not sure why but i got it working. Since the setup on my laptop was working I overwrote the CARPC RR.INI with the one from my laptop and it worked fine. I slowly began to add changes (such as iGuidance etc..) and it still is working fine. So I am really not sure what happened.

Comment

i could of

Alright, I'm not sure why but i got it working. Since the setup on my laptop was working I overwrote the CARPC RR.INI with the one from my laptop and it worked fine. I slowly began to add changes (such as iGuidance etc..) and it still is working fine. So I am really not sure what happened.
                      been 1 letter or \ in the wrong place or something simple but missable at least its working now
                      Riderunner / Genesis
                      Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
                      New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
                      Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
                      Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
                      Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

Yeah, when I get more time I will print them and compare them to see if I can't find something.

Comment

I am having the same problem except I don't actually get an error message. When I click "change skin color" within the skin rr locks up. Nothing else locks up, the music keeps playing and I can ctrl+alt+delete out of rr without a problem.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled rr and the Digital 2.0 FX skin multiple times.

Anymore suggestions?

Comment

Yeah I never got an error either. It just locked and I either had to CTR ALT DLT or reboot manually. I said mine worked now but I tried it today and it once again locks up

Comment

Have we any thought or resolution yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X