Wont list Artist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wont list Artist?

Okay I'm working on my own skin right now and for some reason I can't get the artist name to show up. 95% of my mp3's are in this format

Artist - Song.mp3

I believe that's standard format for an mp3. Anyways when ever I try to display the artist using the tagartist object it will only display the song title. Why is it showing the song title and not the artist? Also is there a way to use the searchlist object to also include artist? I'm only able to search for song titles not artist.

Thanks

You have to use id3 tags or your tags are wrong.

You can search for Artist in directory list. Not Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by fantamos View Post
      You have to use id3 tags or your tags are wrong.

You can search for Artist in directory list. Not Playlist
      I just checked like 3 songs and all 3 id3 tags were correct so I opened up Roadrunner and it's still telling me the song name instead of the artist hmm I'm not sure what it could be?

Comment

This is the code I'm using

Code:
        "TAGTITLE||TAGARTIST"

Comment

Look at the Play list in the screen. you need to tell RR how to display the ID3 tags.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks MGD that worked great. Another question....

Using this code "TAGTITLE||TAGARTIST" it list the title and artist but they are side by site how can I get a - in between them? I've tried a few different ways but it just ignores the -

Comment

Change your Label Code to this.
              "TAGARTIST||= - ||TAGTITLE"
              or
              "TAGTITLE||= - ||TAGARTIST"

Comment

Okay I got everything working good now but I have another question. when launching a program into road runner how can I resize the program and place it where I want it? I use the application object in rr but it never seems to work. This is how I call the program

Code:
                "LOAD;iGuidance.skin;iGuidance;C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidanceUMPC.exe;iGuidance"
                And this is the code on the IGuidance.skin page

Code:
                A,2,77,796,445,
                It launches the progam just fine but it wont place the window in the designated points. Also is there any way I could tell a program what size to open up as? Like say I wanted to launch a program at 800x400 or something like that is there any way to do it?

Thanks

Comment

Looks alright, just check your RRConfig for those settings.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MGD View Post
                    Looks alright, just check your RRConfig for those settings.
                    Well actually the Iguidance is the only thing that does resize I'm not sure why I used that as my example lol. I have a few other programs that use almost identical code and they wont resize. Any idea on that?

Comment

You have to make sure that you use the right window tiltle so RR knows what to embed.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD View Post
                        You have to make sure that you use the right window tiltle so RR knows what to embed.
                        Wow I guess I can't type, I had a typo in the window title. Thanks for all the help my skin works amazingly now.

Comment

Working...
                        X