Repeat/shuffle indicators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeat/shuffle indicators

Can someone mind explaining how to add repeat/shuffle indicators?

Adding the command to a button is easy, but I cant seem to locate the command for those inidicators. Iv e searched, checked the skincommands.txt, Unless Im totally blind I cant see it. Ive searched with no luck, and even downloaded a few skins to see how, but unfortunatley most skins dont have it, or its in flash

Help would be greatly appreciated.
    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

you want a command or an indicator? Your thread is confusing. The indicators are just "REPEAT" and "SHUFFLE". You only need add them in the position of your choice to the .skin file then have your "ON" image reflect your indicator status. If you're looking for a command just use SHUFFLE or REPEAT again.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

ya know what..
      I didnt realize that the commands were the same, just specify its an Indicator not a button!

Thanks!! I shoulda did a little harder digging i guess....
      2011 Nissan Frontier SL
      AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
      OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

I also learned yesterday that you can define a text indicator using a label command line. If your button command is "SHUFFLE/REPEAT", you can define a label "SHUFFLE/REPEAT" and place it as your indicator. Same applies for button "SHUFFLE" - label "SHUFFLE", and button "REPEAT" - label "REPEAT".

I personally see no need for two separate buttons for shuffle and repeat so I use the combo button. The label will then toggle from OFF/SHUFFLE/REPEAT. Whereas the non combo buttons toggle OFF/SHUFFLE and OFF/REPEAT respectively.
        HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Can anyone explain to me how you can make an indicator work like a button?
          Ie. you can click the indicator for repeat and it turns it on and lights the indicator...

I tried adding a button on top of the indicator on the skin, that didn't work it just seemed to light the indicator until another button was touched - and it didn't releate to the status of repeat in winamp..
          Next I tried putting "Exec;Repeat||Repeat" in the code of the indicator - that didn't work either..

Anyone know if its possible to do ?

Comment

i seem to remember guino adding clickable indicators but a quick run thru skin commands.txt revealed nothing.. check the release threads from the last few months and you should see something there.
            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Indicators are clickable.

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad View Post
                Indicators are clickable.
                Excellent, care to explain how to do it ?
                I've had a look through the release notes I can find but only see the latest ones..

Cheers!

Comment

Just create an indicator .

I have a shuffle button and of course a shuffle indicator on my skin. It took me some time to find out, that clicking the indicator will also enable/disable shuffle .

Comment

Oh right! I see what you mean..
                    I figured that an indicator was just that.. and needed extra tweaks to work like a button!

Thanks for the pointer, i'll give it a shot when I get home

Comment

Working...
                    X