X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with my skin

hello,

I'm attempting my first complete skin, trying to keep it simple and basic without all the bells and whistles so it's easier to navigate through while driving.

I'm running into a problem when trying to make two audio browser skins,
    one named audio_browser.skin and the other is audio_browser2.skin.
    I have a directory list(ilist) in both skins and only audio_browser.skin shows my music directory the other is blank. both are identical skins except for the on off images are inverted.

is there something I can add so the directory list will work in a skin that's not named audio_browser.skin

I've tried,
    "LOAD;Audio_Browser2.skin||SETPATH;$musicpath$ " nothing shows
    "LOAD;Audio_Browser2.skin||SETPATH;$f:\rrmusic $" list my c:\

sorry for the newb question. I searched, honest.

some screenshots,
    have allot left but I'm getting close to being finished. what do you guys think?

Comment

Navigation is too squashed.

Having such a curved design without curved lists looks odd.

And there is something else but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Also seeing multiple screens displayed like they are above does not help to 'see' each screen properly. Try putting a couple lines in between to seperate them.

But hey, this is just my opinion, there will be others that will love this.

Oh as to your problem, you don't define the path in the button command, you need a SD line in the .skin file

ie

SD,0,0,120,150,"$musicpath$"

/, (SD) Directory List Properties -- (May be Extended later)
      /,
      /, a Disp w h Path
      /, -- ---- ---- ---- ----
      SD,AA,MODE,ICOW,ICOH[,PATH]
      The above defines extra propperties for the folder List on the current skin.
      AA is the Alignment of the Directory List (00=Left, 01=Right, 02=Center).
      Disp Mode sets the mode of display (00=Normal List, 01=Thumb Preview Icon List, 02=Thumb Preview Icons).
      ICOW defines the Width of the Icon to display on display modes 1 and 2.
      ICOH defines the Height of the Icon to display on display modes 1 and 2.
      PATH defines the Directory/Folder location to display initially (OPTIONAL). If not present the path
      from the previous screen is used.

Comment

yeah I agree with the playlist looking out of place, I would love a curved list but have no clue how to go about making one.

navigation is squashed on that screen, but theres a link to full screen mode (which I usually use),

thanks for the input enforcer,

and thank you for solving my problem

Comment

I've redone my music browser and added a playlist builder and loader. I think it looks a little better than before.

Edit: I will open up a new thread when I make a little more progress if any one is interested in trying this skin out.

Comment

If I was you, ditch the curved buttons all together. Very few skinners have been able to pull something off worth looking at using curved buttons.
            If you notice when using them, you lose a lot of realestate for other functions. Lots of wasted space.
            Sorry dude, maybe i am just a harsh critic, but you will notice it once in the car and you start using it.
            New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
            New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
            "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderStick View Post
              If you notice when using them, you lose a lot of realestate for other functions. Lots of wasted space.

Originally posted by BREWDOG52 View Post
              trying to keep it simple and basic without all the bells and whistles so it's easier to navigate through while driving.
              Thanks for the input.
              I don't need a whole lot of functions on this skin so wasted space isn't really a concern. I'm trying to make a skin that I can use easily while driving, so my main focus is having big volume,play/pause,and prev/next buttons. I'm not going for a feature packed skin, I don't need one and if ever do john's digitalfx skin is as good as it gets.

Originally posted by ThunderStick View Post
              Sorry dude, maybe i am just a harsh critic, but you will notice it once in the car and you start using it.
              No need to be sorry everyone has there opinions, I asked what you guys thought, but I'm really going for what I like and what suits me. I haven't tried this in my car yet but the reason I ditched digitalfx is because everything seemed crammed to me, and the buttons I use the most were way to small (don't get me wrong wrong I love digitalfx, but wasn't easy for me to use while moving), once in the car I'm hoping it will be easy to use and easy to read(at 140mph)

Comment

new thread created
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-s...-new_wave.html

Comment

Working...
                X