Concept - 1st RELEASE 2mb Download

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concept - 1st RELEASE 2mb Download

Fasten your seatbelts, Roll up your windows, Pack some food, and call your mother because you are about to divide your self from reality when you embark on a new journey powered by ROAD RUNNER.
    Concept

Just thought I would draw some attention...
    I am starting a new skin.. I have a lot of cool ideas for this that will hopefully draw in some more RR users.

This will be a simple skin geared for fast menu changes and small download. I love my new age skin, but personally I only use about 20% of it. It has a lot of functions but alot that I dont even use. So this will keep it simple, easy to use and install.
    Anyway, here is a teaser

Current Features:
    Menu Overlay
    Transparent Background
    Top Left button operates as overlay button display and exit button (using press and hold)
    Next buttons operate as next and fast forward, previous and rewind

1st release May 24th 2008
    LOT'S MORE TO COME...
    Attached Files
    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Progress

Main Menu ........ 100%
    Overlays ........... 95%
    Iguidance .......... 100%
    Music ............... 100%
    Play List Editor....... 100%
    BG Changer ....... 100%
    Radio ............... 0
    Exit Menu ......... 0
    Trip Meter ........ 0
    Gas Prices ........ 0

=======Final thought for overlay menu========
    |
    V
    Attached Files

Comment

that's an awesome splash page. Can't wait to see how this turns out

Comment

I am currently working on a layout for the menus that will allow one image for all menus.
        Which will keep the download very small, along with this feature Menu selections such as GPS, MUSIC, GAS Price Finder, ETC... will be available as a menu overlay using using El Camino's Plugin...
        This will reduce button pressess allowing you to get to any menu option with only 2 buttons pressess from any screen.

Comment

Hang-on to your pants people!
          OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
          Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
          Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
          BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
          M2-ATX Power Supply
          RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
          Windows XP SP3

Comment

Truly it will not be anything too spectacular I am sure, but there will be a few things that have not been tried in other skins.
            Anyway,
            Chances are if you are in front of your computer you dont have pants on to hold on to right now. So make sure you close out all those sex cam websites before you leave the room.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderStick View Post
              I am currently working on a layout for the menus that will allow one image for all menus.
              Which will keep the download very small, along with this feature Menu selections such as GPS, MUSIC, GAS Price Finder, ETC... will be available as a menu overlay using using El Camino's Plugin...
              This will reduce button pressess allowing you to get to any menu option with only 2 buttons pressess from any screen.
              How low can you go? Can it be smaller than mAv1c? What about my new "whiteroom" skin that's in development?

I think that is the key with skins, have something functional, but something that doesn't kill the hard drive or processor in the process.

I'm interested to see where this one goes.
              2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
              Car PC Progress:
              Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
              Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
              Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
              RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
              View my
              Worklog
              Road Runner Skins
              Website
              Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Havent checked out your white room skin, but I think this will probably be about 5-10mb download.
                My new Age skin is a 35mb download mostly due to high quality images, plugins included and the background images downloaded with the skin.
                Now that RR has a universal location for background images set with in RRconfig, I can drop the background images from the download freeing up about 5-8mb, Also there wont be as many bells and whistles at the first release anyway. If all goes well and I am satisfied with the skin, I may create Lite and Full Featured versions. But for now, I am looking for fast menu changes, minimal button presses, satisfactory amount of functions with good image quality. When creating new age I used the highest quality images, but this really isnt needed when displaying on a 7" touchscreen, so I may be able to save at a lower quality to reduce image size.
                My aim with the images is high contrast and interchangeable. I am off to a good start so far with the menu lay out and I think I will have a good preview of the main menu with in the next week or so.
                Since I have a good functioning skin allready I am not as pressed to get this one out, but I still am looking for something better and hopefully this will be it.

Comment

mAv1c is under 2mb total. And it supports most of the functions that we use on a daily basis. Whiteroom is still being developed, but I have one image for each screen, and elcamino's overlays when I need buttons. That one is designed more for use with a CAR2PC adapter or a non-touchscreen and is stripped of play/pause/stop/ff/rr and other buttons.

Here's the thread:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/1198985-post13.html

I'm working with bes51659 on this since he is using a non-touchscreen.

I think that john and LS are making some freaking awesome skins, but they may have more than necessary for what people really use on a daily basis. Simple small skins like this and mAv1c and others are what really work. I haven't had any major bugs or glitches reported to me about mAv1c, and understandably john has double digits worth of post pages and half are bugs (he's pushing the envelope with his skin and learning as he goes, so he gets a lot of credit for that.)
                  Car PC Progress:
                  View my
                  Worklog
                  Road Runner Skins
                  Website
                  Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Concept Idea Worked Out, Screen Shot Posted

Comment

so... why is it called graffiti? shouldn't there be a graffiti font?

Also, I'd hate to sound negative, but the bevels on the text just really don't look good.

You've got a great concept going, but the visuals aren't there just yet.
                      Car PC Progress:
                      View my
                      Worklog
                      Road Runner Skins
                      Website
                      Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyracer View Post
                        so... why is it called graffiti? shouldn't there be a graffiti font?

Also, I'd hate to sound negative, but the bevels on the text just really don't look good.

You've got a great concept going, but the visuals aren't there just yet.
                        I agree, I am working out fonts. I planned on a graffiti font but they are just to hard to read. I may be scrapping the whole GRAFFITI theme and going with something a little different.

Comment

OK made a few button and icon changes per reccommendation of MONKEY...
                          ALSO A NAME CHANGE...
                          NOW KNOWN AS CONCEPT...

Comment

Firstly let me say .. nice idea ThunderStick. I love the splash screen effect, the word" CONCEPT" looks almost like it's cut into steel or something ...

Secondly ... monkeyracer, i really like your mAv1c skin, i love the standard screen layouts ...

Thirdly, let me just say "Ah Nuts ... " ... I've been working on a new version of TEK, which was going for a minimal install, using - if possible - just one graphic screen for all skins ... and there was me thinking I had an idea that had'nt been done before ... ah well.

So far I have it down to just two graphics, one for mixer and one for all other skins. At present it has audio, video, gps, pictures, selectable transparency levels, and skin config ... with more to come. Skin size so far is 3.5M...

Anyway guys, really nice work from both of you ...
                            -------------------------------
                            The TEKNIK Family ... Teknik 1 & Teknik 2, Teknik T-3, Teknik v4.0, Teknik-X.

Comment

Overlay Menu updated.... Trying to decide on one..

Comment

Working...
                              X