No announcement yet.

I want to make a skin, need some help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to make a skin, need some help.

i am an excellent designer, and work very wel with photoshop. i am looking to make a skin and i was wondering if someone would be able to turn all my image files into a skin for me? as i have no clue on that part.

Also can we start a list of screens that people want and what to include on each page so that i can make a perfect skin for everybody?

hope someone is up for this
    Unphased A New and upcoming site for VW owners.

what sort of theme would people be interested in? i wanted to do a proper apple iphone style one but its already been done. i find the majority of skins available very cluttered so i would try to make it very minimal but still functional

Comment

How about this
      Attached Files
      OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
      Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
      Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
      BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
      M2-ATX Power Supply
      RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
      Windows XP SP3

Comment

its an iphone theme with a twist?

Comment

not to put you down, but for 'an excellent designer', its kinda plain... spice it up a bit!

Comment

for an excellent designer ur sure good at ripping other ppls work!

http://www.iphoneskinning.com/2008/0...f-the-day.html

on a plus note, i like the simplicity.
            2005 Nissan Xtrail
            DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

Comment

hey treetop777 ...

looking at your suggestion ... would you be interested in this - it's a little something I'm working on at the moment, but seems to fit nicely with your requirements ... and I'm not trying to hijack this thead, before anyone gives out ...

regarding the initial question from the designer ... one of the "cleanest" designs around at the moment I think is the upcoming Omega Final design, so that would be something to study ...
              Attached Files
              -------------------------------
              The TEKNIK Family ... Teknik 1 & Teknik 2, Teknik T-3, Teknik v4.0, Teknik-X.

Comment

Originally posted by Valheru View Post
                hey treetop777 ...

looking at your suggestion ... would you be interested in this - it's a little something I'm working on at the moment, but seems to fit nicely with your requirements ... and I'm not trying to hijack this thead, before anyone gives out ...

regarding the initial question from the designer ... one of the "cleanest" designs around at the moment I think is the upcoming Omega Final design, so that would be something to study ...
                Yeah Valheru, that's the spirit! Please do not engage in designing a skin off of that unless you want to. I'm sure us skin junkies are saturated already.

You should get with the OP and help liven-up his design or encourage him to go in a totally different direction. With your coding and design abilities, ya'll could proly come up with a fantastic skin..

(sorry, don't have a spellchecker at work)
                OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
                Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
                Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
                BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
                M2-ATX Power Supply
                RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
                Windows XP SP3

Comment

it was a quick rough idea that i did in 20mins, obviously you can change the background or whatever but i'm asking for peoples input on what they want.

is it worth trying to make an iphone copy skin or would people be interested in a simplified minimalistic skin that still holds all the features any other skin does?

i'll make some sort of screen tonight and post it up in a new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by EaRNi View Post
                    is it worth trying to make an iphone copy skin or would people be interested in a simplified minimalistic skin that still holds all the features any other skin does?
                    There are few iPhone-esque skins available already.

Something new and fresh is always welcomed around here.
                    Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Originally posted by treetop777 View Post
                      Yeah Valheru, that's the spirit! Please do not engage in designing a skin off of that unless you want to. I'm sure us skin junkies are saturated already.
                      it's one I'm working on for personal use at the moment ... it may never get to release stage.
                      -------------------------------
                      The TEKNIK Family ... Teknik 1 & Teknik 2, Teknik T-3, Teknik v4.0, Teknik-X.

Comment

I would def go for a fresh look, the apple theme has been beaten to death.

First thing to do, like you mentioned, is come up with some art. Just start with a home screen and work from there. Begin with a black and white wire-frame layout, then add colors and effects. See where it takes you. Also consider that skins at minimum have an "on" state and an "off" state, so the skin has life when you hit buttons. Each state uses a separate graphic file.

Trying to make a skin to please the masses is not a good way to start as a beginner, focus more on what YOU want the skin to do and look like and it will make your learning curve much easier.

Throw an idea or two out there, we all critique each others work and are more than willing to lend a helping hand with the code.
                        Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

I'd like someone to revist skins like "pure"
                          New Car PC Build list in progress

Comment

Working...
                          X