Centrafuse Skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centrafuse Skin

I love Centrafuse's look and feel however it runs too slowly on my computer. Therefore, I got inspired to create a new skin so I could have the best of both worlds. I'm not really a designer and don't have much experience with Photoshop so I'm looking for some feedback. What do you think? These are 2 concepts: one black, one blue.

My Install - 2003 Lexus IS300

the black one's better. also, i would make the buttons on the bottom more defined. maybe more of a border around each button.

Comment

Love it!

Blue is nicer.

al;so should be better for daytime use.

has kind of a windows vista media center flavour to it.
      For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
      Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

MY build...a walk thru, finally getting to it

Comment

Originally posted by greatwhite View Post
          Love it!

Blue is nicer.

al;so should be better for daytime use.

has kind of a windows vista media center flavour to it.
          You know that's a good point. I never thought of it but I actually kind of like the idea of the Blue being the daytime skin, and the black the night.

Comment

I wouldnt make it look too much like centrafuse. or even call it centrafuse...

they get grumpy over there...
            2005 Nissan Xtrail
            DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

Comment

At least don't make it look too much like the original skins, and the name must change, fluxmedia is a little picky about copyright (as they should be since they charge money for the software.) The skins are free but the software (and included skin) isn't, so if there is a free skin for CF you like, you can ask permission to emulate it in RR from the original creator.

Maybe CenteRRFused or something would be a good name. Also, you can cut your work time in half if you make the skin transparent, then when you "switch" to day or night mode, really you are just changing the background.
              2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
              Car PC Progress:
              Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
              Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
              Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
              RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
              View my
              Worklog
              Road Runner Skins
              Website
              Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Well, maybe the name was a bad choice. Originally I was thinking of a name like "Sharp and Simple" but since it was Centrafuse's skin that inspired me, I used that instead. Do you think my design is similar to theirs? Once I started creating mine I didn't even look at theirs as a reference.

Also, the night at day skins are transparent so I'm not making two skins. The only thing that's different is the top and bottom panels. One has a green tint, the other a blue. Everything else is exactly the same except for the background.

Comment

I would just hate for this to happen to a nice, clean looking skin:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/cf-s...t-allowed.html

The good thing about RR is the ability to make it look EXACTLY like you want it to.
                  I do have a little bit more advice for you;

I'd make the font color a little more contrasting to the buttons behind it to make it easier to read in the car. Also, the bottom row buttons should be a little better defined like tundra2000 said. Lastly, there is a lot of empty space in between the buttons, I'd hope that the buttons' clickable area would fill most of this space so that they are a lot easier to touch on bumpy roads.
                  2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
                  Car PC Progress:
                  Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
                  Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
                  Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
                  RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
                  View my
                  Worklog
                  Road Runner Skins
                  Website
                  Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by tundra2000 View Post
                    the black one's better. also, i would make the buttons on the bottom more defined. maybe more of a border around each button.
                    I like the 1st one better as well, but I like them both well enough to occasionally switch them. I have to say I do agree with you as to how sharp and simple this looks. If you get one ready for release, I'd sure like to see how it looks on my box. Nice work and keep us posted.
                    A computer helps you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history
                    - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Comment

they make a nice night/day combo, when will you release it?

Comment

Working...
                      X