Sonique Elite- My LAST RR skin!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonique Elite- My LAST RR skin!!!

Well here it is.. my last RR skin (and probably the only one i'll actually finish). I took a look at Suavecito's forthcoming Elite skin. I love the layout, and wanted to incorporate a flash feel and customization layer to it. So here it is! A Beta should be ready by the end of the week.

Features:
    -100% Flash Design
    -Advanced Dimming Scheme
    -100% Customizable Color Scheme
    -Dynamic Menu Editing
    -User Selectable Button Colors and Icons, and desktops
    -Skin Development Kit Available
    -Audio Screen Incorporates: Info, Visualization, Playlist, Audio Browser, External Media Browser, & Search
    -Video Screen Incorporates: Video Player, Video Browser
    -More

Menu- 100%
    Audio- 100%
    Radio- 100%
    XM/Sirius- 100%
    Video/DVD- 100%
    Pictures- 100%
    Internet Jukebox- 100%
    Internet- 100%
    RRMail- 100%
    Movietimes 100%
    RRTube- 100%
    Navigation- 100%
    Apps- 100%
    Skins- 100%
    RRFusion- 100%
    Calendar- 100%
    Gas Prices- 100%
    Emulator Selector Screen- 50%
    Integrated File Manager- 50%
    RREarth- 100%
    Mixer- 50%
    Phone/Skype Plugin- 50%
    Weather- 75%
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Menu Design:

-Sonique Elite incorporates a dynamic menu system which allows the user to select which features are displayed on main and sub-menu's. There is also a user-selectable center logo. Shown here is the main menu in the 5 base colors:

Midnight:

Crimson:

Sapphire:

Emerald:

Lemans:

Each base color can be further modified by a user-selectable Mask color and alpha. For example, here is the main menu with the base menu Sapphire with a Red Mask with 40% alpha (opacity):

Comment

The skin is further enhanced by an auto-dim night scheme. There are two user-definable options for this. The dim can either be time-based or based on a photosensor input installed on the fusion brain. When the user-defined limit has been exceeded the skins main color element will automatically dimmed to a user-definited level. Here is the main menu in dimmed crimson:

Comment

More Pics....

Audio Now Playing:

Audio Playlist:

Audio Browser:

Video:

Game Selector Screen:

HD Radio:

iGuidance:

RRMail:

Movietimes:

OSK:

RRTube:

Phone/Skype:

Weather Today-

Weather 5 Day-

Weather Interactive Map-

Comment

Very Nice.. Can't wait to test it
          4G64 5 SPEED
          MY CAR - MY 5SPD - MY CARPUTER - MY GARAGE SALE

Comment

HELL YEAH! Beautiful!
            OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
            Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
            Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
            BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
            M2-ATX Power Supply
            RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
            Windows XP SP3

Comment

oh my... awsome... great work sonic..

man.. i wish this is out now so, i can test this baby tonight.... by the way, i got like over 600 old classic arcade games.... mame32... Is it easy to add those games to game selector skin?

Comment

just plain sick. great job looking forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by brandensin View Post
                  oh my... awsome... great work sonic..

man.. i wish this is out now so, i can test this baby tonight.... by the way, i got like over 600 old classic arcade games.... mame32... Is it easy to add those games to game selector skin?
                  the game selector skin allows you to choose which emulators (out of the supported list) you wish to use. It then allows you to define a base rom folder, scans those folders for roms and presents a list of them with optional art for each rom. So in your example you'd click Mame, select your game from the list, hit Launch and the game will run on the games.skin. To update the database whenever you add roms you simply click audit list. I tried to make it as simple as i could because thats what it needs to be. I have a video of the game selector screen in action somewhere in the RR subforum.

Releasing this is really only pending a decent configuration screen. As you can imagine there are PLENTY of settings that make all this stuff work and i need to display each setting in a way thats easy to understand/change.

Comment

cool... have you tried one of those ps2 style game pad for pc? Do they work well with mame games? man.. this is gonna be awsome.. hook that up with 50 inch TV and play street fighter... huhu This is gonna be the skin for my HTPC...

Comment

Looking good! I too can't wait for Suavecito's ELite... that is one of the best I've seen yet.

This is a nice interpretation of that. My only thought is that the icons with the color changable background... are hard to read/see. While everything else can change, you might want to work with a higher contrast of color on the icons themselves and make that fixed (the color scheme for icons) no matter the color for pick for the rest....

Hope to see this out soon...

BTW... your last skin I've seen... Sonique Evolution... it was running a bit slow for meon a Celeron (Intel Little Valley) with 1GB of ram and OS has some services and such stopped. Performance take a little bit of will and work

Comment

Originally posted by jmbickham View Post
                        Looking good! I too can't wait for Suavecito's ELite... that is one of the best I've seen yet.

This is a nice interpretation of that. My only thought is that the icons with the color changable background... are hard to read/see. While everything else can change, you might want to work with a higher contrast of color on the icons themselves and make that fixed (the color scheme for icons) no matter the color for pick for the rest....

Hope to see this out soon...

BTW... your last skin I've seen... Sonique Evolution... it was running a bit slow for meon a Celeron (Intel Little Valley) with 1GB of ram and OS has some services and such stopped. Performance take a little bit of will and work
                        icons are 100% changable... create a 75x75 .png and you can make your own. As for the speed, i'm running this on the little valley and it only slows during initial load with full blown xp. I get its all relative

Comment

Sweet! Looking forward to your beta release!

OH.. I was just looking at the iGuidance screen... you might want to trim up the top and bottom bars... the map screen is kinda tiny with all of that going on... not to nitpick or anything... just thought that the more map you can show... the better.

Comment

OH.. I was just looking at the iGuidance screen... you might want to trim up the top and bottom bars... the map screen is kinda tiny with all of that going on... not to nitpick or anything... just thought that the more map you can show... the better.
                            that iguidance screen is one of two technically. Once you've set your destination you can opt to use full screen mode which takes away everything but the top bar.

Comment

Sonic, I agree with Jmbickham about the iGuidance screen. It is too small. I ran to the same problem on many of my screens so I changed them up.
                              On the iGuidance screen I made the screen narrower but taller. I am using iGuidance.exe instead of iGuidanceUMPC.exe with a theme to increase the road text and road lines.

Below is my iGuidance screen:

Overall the skin looks great. I also made all the icons on my skin changeable, but mine is not flash.
                              I am still working on finishing mine. I still find myself tuning it.
                              Hope to try your version of eLite, Sonique Elite.
                              My Skins: eLite Lite || eLite Streamline || eLite Wings

Comment

Working...
                              X