Refresh a single skin compenent on skin load

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refresh a single skin compenent on skin load

Right. I'm using the Embedded Album Art plugin for Road Runner. Since discardable is not working, I need to find another way to refresh the album art when all of the screens are loaded (I have made my own skin that uses 2 monitors, 1 touch and 1 not, and the bottom screen shows track information on all screens).

The issue is that if I change tracks on one screen, then navigate to another, whatever the album art was the last time I was on that screen is shown, not the current track. Is there anyway to force the albumart to reload?
    "the universe has a way of balancing itself"

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../Webbanner.jpg

Have you tried adding a playlist "S" definition that's hidded in the skin files that have the albumart definition?
    Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Nope, does that work with embedded art? I have all my music in a single folder. Care to share an example of this line? All I have on each screen is this, minus the X,Mp3Art, that is only on the menu screen.

Code:
      /, L, x, y, w, h, color R;RGB, G, B, font size;FONT, font name, Code;LABELCODES, Tooltip;LABELALIGNMENT
      L5,20,41,979,54,205,205,205,30,"Handel Gothic Ex","TRACKNAME","SCROLL-CENTER"
      L03,259,806,727,42,205,205,205,24,"Handel Gothic Ex","TAGARTIST","SCROLL-LEFT"
      L03,259,887,727,40,205,205,205,24,"Handel Gothic Ex","TAGTITLE","SCROLL-LEFT"
      L03,259,963,727,40,205,205,205,24,"Handel Gothic Ex","TAGALBUM","SCROLL-LEFT"
      L,709,1451,144,72,205,205,205,36,"Handel Gothic Ex","GPSSPD","CENTER"

/, J, x, y, w, h
      J,26,1056,462,450

/, F, x, y, w, h, Movie name
      F,600,1076,334,324,"GPSspeed.swf"
      X,Mp3Art

Comment

Yeah, it works w/ embedded art.

Code:
        /, S(PL), x, y, w, h, fore R;RGB, G, B, back R;RGB, G, B, played R;RGB, G, B, selected color R;RGB, G, B, select R;RGB, G, B, trs, font size;FONT, font name
        S00,799,000,001,001,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,FALSE,#LISTSIZE01#,#LISTFONT01#
        Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

No joy, had to sub in [,0,"Handel Gothic Ex"] for [,#LISTSIZE01#,#LISTFONT01#] on the last line else I was getting an error 13, but still doesn't work.

Comment

What version of RR are you using?

Comment

Current Beta as far as I know. Config says 1.0.1.0

Comment

Originally posted by Spawn12336 View Post
                Current Beta as far as I know. Config says 1.0.1.0
                PM Monkeyracer about that, i remember he come up with some contraption code to make it work but i can't find the thread.
                OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
                Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
                Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
                BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
                M2-ATX Power Supply
                RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
                Windows XP SP3

Comment

Originally posted by treetop777 View Post
                  PM Monkeyracer about that, i remember he come up with some contraption code to make it work but i can't find the thread.
                  He used Blue's RR strings plugin to disply images located in a folder for the playing track. Not embedded art.

Comment

Indeed, looks like he end-up using BlueZX3's plugin - for something!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-b...ng-change.html
                    OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
                    Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
                    Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
                    BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
                    M2-ATX Power Supply
                    RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
                    Windows XP SP3

Comment

Spawn, try changing the J code to an indicator with the "albumart" code. I think the way the Mp3art plugin works is that it only wants the indicator to work on one screen. The workaround I used with blue's strings plugin works, but only shows the folder image (no embedded art) but updates with each song.

I think the root issue started after the 10/26/07 release, there's something that doesn't play well with the indicators. I think mitchjs's version doesn't have this issue according to sonic, so maybe try that version and see if it works. There's some discussion on the RRGAS thread about the way plug-ins are handled, starting about the 14th or 15th posts.
                      2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
                      Car PC Progress:
                      Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
                      Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
                      Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
                      RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
                      View my
                      Worklog
                      Road Runner Skins
                      Website
                      Favorite thread EVER!

Comment