Final Layout for my project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Layout for my project

I have been working over the skin layouts. This is what I have come with. I think it stands out enough yet it is simple and easy to understand and follow.

Now that I have my FB and RRF running I can understand what the application and plugins are doing better. I like some of the Aux Switches pages I have seen...

I have a question how can you secure a page? I want to have my doors open using the application. I don't want just anyone to hit the button and the doors fly open so I need a login or something to secure that skin.

Help Please? or point me to a posting...

I'm also working all a new Gauge cluster and it is going to be very nice.

Ok will as usual give me your feedback...

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Batmaninls
    www.evorbust.com

Very nice and clean looking! I like the way you wrapped the icons into the main menu buttons.

I can't wait to see your Gauges cluster!
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

It is definitely clean and eye pleasing. I'm keeping my eye on this. Are you going to be keeping this all in one thread so we can keep tabs? I've seen a couple threads on this now.
      It's been a while...

Comment

Hey h3rk.... What is up sir. Yes I'm done testing and now it's time to build all these pages. I will just add them to this thread. I'm looking forward to getting all the gauges in place and then moving to all the switches. A kit car does not have as many as the newer cars. I have been making a ton of buttons, panels and I'm finishing up my Visio Layout Diagram. So I know whats connects to what.

Also can I hook my Cricket Cell Phone to this thing?
        and what is my next purchase for this thing? XM-Radio, GPS thing? Whats next.

I what to see it do more now that I understand what its doing..... LOL

and Tell me what Kind I'm to purchase.... Please...

Thanks
        Batmaninls
        www.evorbust.com

Comment

I hate to be the one disenting voice here .. but where is the "audio" button on the main menu ??? surely the ability to play music is one of the "must have" buttons on a main menu ?

Like the layout tho ... nice and clean and different !
          -------------------------------
          The TEKNIK Family ... Teknik 1 & Teknik 2, Teknik T-3, Teknik v4.0, Teknik-X.

Comment

You know, with the FB, it would be possible for certain pages to be controlled by external, hard-wired buttons: an idea that could do wonders for providing a clean display with maximum functionality and flexibility. For instance, the music (mp3) page could be selected in that way. Probably just an oversight though.
            It's been a while...

Comment

Originally posted by h3rk View Post
              You know, with the FB, it would be possible for certain pages to be controlled by external, hard-wired buttons: an idea that could do wonders for providing a clean display with maximum functionality and flexibility. For instance, the music (mp3) page could be selected in that way. Probably just an oversight though.
              The FB is a great bit of hardware, (I have one) but also a bit overkill for just reciving button in puts. You can save it for more logical items, as well as controlling relays ect.

Check out CdRsKull's USB Game pad plugin. It can give you 9 button inputs, as well as using the stick for navigation (for around $9). You can check it out HERE
              Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Ok now help me out a little bit please.. I thought the XM radio or the Radio button would give me radio? Is that not correct? I'm not a radio person, I'm not wanting to have high tech amps and stuff in here because they draw lots of power and a EV only has so much juice. I'm designing a layout to control the car more so than running a radio. I need this to be very clean and easy to understand. I will have up the EV Gauges skin more than any other I believe. I will be adding in the speedometer output on most of the pages so that I know whats going on.

I can't really see myself playing with an amp thing for a radio... and here I thought I was done! I have looked at a lot of the skins and it does appear that most are designed around playing music.

I'm trying to build one that will run the car. All my gauges(6 to 8) all the Switches(Lights, Wipers, Door poppers(secured), Trunk poppers) export the data to MySQL on a nightly basis for report analysis on the performance of my EV.

It is to be a show car to show the Greater Kansas City area that an electric car can one preform and two look great inside and out. I'm already setting up Display times where I will be showing off the car at different businesses around the city. You have to know that I'm investing around 25-30k in this car.

As you all can see it's not going to be your normal CarPc install.

I guess I need more input from all of you on what should be on the main screen. I have no problems moving things around at this point. Provide input but also keep all the following above in mind. If you all think it needs an "Audio Button" then it shall have one.

Remember I'm the rookie here.

So Help me help me out.

As far as the FB goes... I all everything to be done on the screen. I understand what your saying about cost and stuff JohnWPB at this point I would rather buy a couple more FB than I would have a game pad in the car. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

I want to thank all of you for providing input it is important to the success of my project.

Thanks
                Batmaninls
                www.evorbust.com

Comment

Working...
                X