No announcement yet.

BMV2 skin question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is the style of buttons I prefer rather than the cut-back slanted ends of the first.
    So the second version you posted a pic of is all jpg files ?
    I can cut the top banner with the Road Runner logo and the buttons from them and paste them onto my own background as you say.
    If it is available in a 848x480 then it would almost be perfect to scale with ShowWidth and ShowHeight into my 1280x800

What would I have to do to change the commands to a call of an IMG file as you mention ?
    I am guessing that would also speed up RoadRunner on my Carpc without flash ?
    VIA Pico ITX, M2-ATX clone, 7" Seform 800x480 LCD Touchscreen, Dual 2x75WRMS Mini Amps, IDE-CF & SATA-CF adapters, 8GB (Sys) & 32GB (MP3s) CF, ELMscan5USB, Slot-load DVD, Craig Brass DAB+/FM USB module, Odyssey Navigator
    Build 90% Apps 50% Install 10%

Comment

Originally posted by RevheadKev View Post
      That is the style of buttons I prefer rather than the cut-back slanted ends of the first.
      So the second version you posted a pic of is all jpg files ?
      I can cut the top banner with the Road Runner logo and the buttons from them and paste them onto my own background as you say.
      If it is available in a 848x480 then it would almost be perfect to scale with ShowWidth and ShowHeight into my 1280x800

What would I have to do to change the commands to a call of an IMG file as you mention ?
      I am guessing that would also speed up RoadRunner on my Carpc without flash ?

The last screen i posted is drawed in 1280x800 under photoshop in .TIFF format. Its the same as .PSD.
      At the moment i drawed the Menu and the audio player screen.
      Its while i would see whats going on in the .skin files.
      Its not nice what written inside them. Wrong commands and things no one need.

If you told me what kind of Navi you use, what kind of radio you work with and do use a CD ripper.
      What kind of equalizer Foobar or winamp, i draw them all in 1280x800 and give you the PSD and PNG files for working.
      It needs some days, but you had a complete newer version of a riderunner skin.

So please take a look what file you need.

PS. i never work with screens under JPG. PNG files a lot better in quality. and they are transparent.

IMG,492,175,294,294,"Logo.png",all
      thats the command for using an IMG file.
      make a copy of your car logo and copy it in your skin folder and rename it LOGO.

If you want that the code for your flash logo is staying in your skin.ini, write a /, in front of the Fo1 command....like /,F01,333,162,135,160,"logo.swf"

Riderunner will not activate the swf file, but you have it for later using, if you want.

Last edited by GF-ler; 03-12-2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

I was going to try and put Coverflow into the BMV2 skin and I use the Craig Brass DAB+ radio and Odyssey Navigator.
        Mitchjs already did a screen for his Carwings frontend to control the DAB+ radio and I wanted to reskin it into the BMV2.
        Currently use Winamp but I want to add a front/rear fader control into the Equalizer so I can change if Foobar makes this easier.
        As you can see there are a few personalized screens I was going to create as well as change the screen size.
        What you have done so far looks great.
        Last edited by RevheadKev; 03-12-2017, 06:56 PM.
        VIA Pico ITX, M2-ATX clone, 7" Seform 800x480 LCD Touchscreen, Dual 2x75WRMS Mini Amps, IDE-CF & SATA-CF adapters, 8GB (Sys) & 32GB (MP3s) CF, ELMscan5USB, Slot-load DVD, Craig Brass DAB+/FM USB module, Odyssey Navigator

Comment

I was going to try and put Coverflow into the BMV2 skin and I use the Craig Brass DAB+ radio and Odyssey Navigator.
          Mitchjs already did a screen for his Carwings frontend to control the DAB+ radio and I wanted to reskin it into the BMV2.
          Currently use Winamp but I want to add a front/rear fader control into the Equalizer so I can change if Foobar makes this easier.
          As you can see there are a few personalized screens I was going to create as well as change the screen size.
          What you have done so far looks great.

Hi,
          for some playing for you i have copy the AUDIO Browser, AUDIO Player, the MIXER and the Menu skin in one RAR file.
          The Menu i will change in the future into the newest one for selecting the buttons different.

If you intersted i put a Webradio Skin inside, most time i hear the webradio if i draw.

Last edited by GF-ler; 03-15-2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks.
            Gives me something to play with at night after work.

Comment

My version of RR did not like the png files. Only wanted jpg files...guess it is time for an update

Comment

My version of RR did not like the png files. Only wanted jpg files...guess it is time for an update

I think it would be Time for changing.
                The skin is build in 2005, a lot of things are missed like the skin.ini or exectabl.ini file.
                Inside the skin files are flags used, they never builded. So to repair the skin.ini files you can forget, write them new.

Another thing you want is coverflow. If your computer is a slower one, forget it, therefore its better to insert the handmaded one, a user builded here.
                I do it in the SIMPLISTIQUE Skin (transparency) years ago.

The last version of RR is from May 2014, its works on my PC without any problems. (Win7)

Comment

The dropbox link to your Simplistique does not work. I was going to download it to look at your coverflow

Comment

The dropbox link to your Simplistique does not work. I was going to download it to look at your coverflow
                    Hi,
                    some new graphics of the Brush Skin.

Also the files around the Coverflow by handed, coded by Sal.R.

If you take a look to the screen, you see 3 different Menu Screens and the MenuItem screen for selecting the buttons.
                    You can fix the buttons as you like, no longer fix by graphic.

The radio has now some preset buttons. At the moment it works with a silabs stick.

i loaded the coverflow application for some playing, will test how fast it is and did it works with winamp or any other audio application.

Next i draw the Webradio screen and all the video screens.
                    PS. I tested riderunner with my simplistique skin, its very old and had a lot

Attached Files

Comment

I love the background on Layer 5 of the Main.tiff
                      Think I'll use it on all my screens

Comment

I love the background on Layer 5 of the Main.tiff
                        Think I'll use it on all my screens

Hi,
                        i redrawed some Screens while in the basics the BACKWARD Button was in different positions.
                        As you can see on the 9 Photos this Skin has 3 Menus, EVERY of the 6 Sreen Buttons is free for your Fixing.
                        The Carlogo is changeable to your Car.

What you like as background screen is changeable, an own part gives you the possibility to fix the background you like most.

A Picviewer is also in this skin, and.....your pic can be fix as background screen. Perhaps there is a pic of your car/wife/child/animal...what ever that you want as background.

A Webradio player is also in this skin.

A Silabs Radio, a XM and a Sirius Player skin is now possible.

A videoplayer with an videobrowser is now inside.

What im think about is, did any one use a cd Player, or Mapmonkey navi...im not.

What to do is to draw and code the Weather, Phone,DvD, Web, Cam and Navi screen. I think i will draw an external one which you can use for IG or Igo8.
                        If i get a good result for coverjuke, i will draw and coded a screen for it.

All other things i will not build.
                        Last edited by GF-ler; 03-24-2017, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Cool.
                          Maybe start a new thread in Skins for Widescreen BMV2 or BMV3 ?

Comment

Working...
                          X