New RR Skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RR Skin

Looking for some feedback and critique on this before I go any further.
    I love the Teknik2 skin by Valheru but I wanted more icons on the front page so I came up with this. It is transparent so the background is changeable. I also need a name.

Main Menu
    Click image for larger version

Name:	menu_off.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	2303102

Audio Player

Name:	music_player.JPG
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	2303103

Audio Browser

Name:	music_browser.JPG
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	2303104
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

wow, LOOKS GREAT!

I GOT A killer idea. im working a new feature of RR
    i want you to do some GUI

mitch
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

Comment

I'd call it TableTop!
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Nice perspective. Seems like it needs a sofa and some chairs in the background to complete the picture LOL! JK.

Font don't look like it goes with the skin IMO.

Otherwise, looks good.
        OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
        Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
        Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
        BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
        M2-ATX Power Supply
        RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
        Windows XP SP3

Comment

I like your music choices!

A little less cluttered, maybe get rid of some of the icons
          Love

Comment

Maybe the choice of background don't do it no justice.
            OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
            Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
            Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
            BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
            M2-ATX Power Supply
            RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
            Windows XP SP3

Comment

Originally posted by fixerofallthing View Post
              Looking for some feedback and critique on this before I go any further.
              I love the Teknik2 skin by Valheru but I wanted more icons on the front page so I came up with this. It is transparent so the background is changeable. I also need a name.

Main Menu
              [ATTACH]52720[/ATTACH]

Audio Player
              [ATTACH]52721[/ATTACH]

Audio Browser
              [ATTACH]52722[/ATTACH]
              You have to take a look at your icons. The NEXT button becomes your BACK button on the same spot and your PREV button becomes an ENTER button and the PLAY button becomes the SELECT button. It is going to be very confusing. If you like to work with shelfs, then keep the bottom one only for player controls, otherwise you have to look at the screen constantly while driving....Not a good idea.

Comment

Nice and colorful! I like it a lot!

What about 'On the Shelf'?

Z
                Zotac N630I-D-E M/B w/ Nvidia 7100, E5300 cpu, Xenarc 700IDT, M2-ATX, XP, RR & DFX 5.1.

Comment

I like the idea, it's kind of like the dock on OSX but in three layers. However, I find the background to be very distracting.

Also agree with the comment that if you have to explain the icon, you need a better icon. For example, the picture of the XM direct box and the HD radio box don't make sense unless you know that's what those boxes are. Think about the function rather than the hardware.

Also, I'd get rid of the shelf along the bottom and reserve it for functions. Instead of a volume icon, go with a + and a - button for volume. I adjust my volume often and find skins that don't have an easy way to do that while driving (e.g. put the buttons in the lower left and right of the screen) to be more difficult to use.
                  Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                  I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                  Want to:
                  -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                  -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
                    I like the idea, it's kind of like the dock on OSX but in three layers. However, I find the background to be very distracting.
                    Same take on the background, it's awful. Easy enough to change though.

Some of the icons are pretty cool though. Change the XM box to the XM logo though and the HD box to the HD logo.

Comment

1 .. there are way too many icons on the main menu - too distracting and confusing when driving ...

2 .. background really does not do it justice ...

3 .. I do hope you are not just going to "lift" all of the TEK2 skins and transfer them into this new skin, that really wouldn't be a cool thing to do, considering you went down the road of modding TEK2 and gave up because there was a little critism of your initial designs ...

4 .. as for a name .. humm let me think about that one, I'm sure we can come up with something suitable !
                      -------------------------------
                      The TEKNIK Family ... Teknik 1 & Teknik 2, Teknik T-3, Teknik v4.0, Teknik-X.

Comment

Originally posted by Valheru View Post
                        1 .. there are way too many icons on the main menu - too distracting and confusing when driving ...

2 .. background really does not do it justice ...

3 .. I do hope you are not just going to "lift" all of the TEK2 skins and transfer them into this new skin, that really wouldn't be a cool thing to do, considering you went down the road of modding TEK2 and gave up because there was a little critism of your initial designs ...

4 .. as for a name .. humm let me think about that one, I'm sure we can come up with something suitable !
                        1. I agree so I went back to the drawing board.

2. I agree.

3. I would never just lift your code. I like the design and layout so I emulated them to start with.
                        I dropped the extra screens because I did not want to step on your toes with the extra screens and I wanted to get fewer button presses for volume and such. I think all the suggestions were good that is why I dropped it. Although my wife loves it and is using it everyday.
                        The Car 2005 Scion xB

Comment

Took some of the suggestions and put this together as a test.
                          Went with fixed buttons along the bottom with slight transparency and got rid of the HD and XM boxes and did some logos up. I think this is the direction I will go. I am going to make the icons dynamic so you can put whatever you want on the menu with 2 "shelves" so 8 icons. I think that is enough without being too busy and if I have to I will add a second menu screen. Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions.

Name:	Test-Menu.png
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	2272921
                          The Car 2005 Scion xB

Comment

Working...
                          X