Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows sendkey methods, proved helpful.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows sendkey methods, proved helpful.

I've been following this forum for a little over a year now and I think this will help when peeps are trying to use other applications embedded inside of Road Runner skins. It's a pretty good breakdown of using windows send key commands. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...83(VS.85).aspx

Note: Don't forget to use the "activate" command proceeding each sendkey. So the command will get sent to the right app.

This was a big help when I was integrating KMplayer into my roadrunner install. It turned out very well.
    ATTENTION FELLOW CAR PC ENTHUSIASTS, POWER ACOUSTIC = CAR PC KRYPTONITE!!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

To my adoring fans, No my Toyota's gas pedal didn't get stuck! Instead I saw you crossing the street and decided to floor it! Unfortunately, I MISSED!!!

Originally posted by toyotatyrant View Post
    I've been following this forum for a little over a year now and I think this will help when peeps are trying to use other applications embedded inside of Road Runner skins. It's a pretty good breakdown of using windows send key commands. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...83(VS.85).aspx

Note: Don't forget to use the "activate" command proceeding each sendkey. So the command will get sent to the right app.

This was a big help when I was integrating KMplayer into my roadrunner install. It turned out very well.
    OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
    Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
    Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
    BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
    Windows XP SP3

Comment

basic road runner kmplayer controls

I whipped this up using some basic shapes and some sendkeys, and KMplayer set in default skin w\shade mode. It runs Kmplayer perfectly. I can play, navigate, and resume from last position on store bought dvd's pretty flawlessly. And also navigate dvd special features and chapters in a breeze. Nice thing is KMplayer is FREE, loaded with features, and has no nag-ware whatsoever . I prefer it way over power dvd or win dvd.

Bad thing is i can't draw. I never have or will be able to, so no flashy frosted buttons here.
      ATTENTION FELLOW CAR PC ENTHUSIASTS, POWER ACOUSTIC = CAR PC KRYPTONITE!!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

To my adoring fans, No my Toyota's gas pedal didn't get stuck! Instead I saw you crossing the street and decided to floor it! Unfortunately, I MISSED!!!

Comment

Um...This is no different than using the "SendKey" cmd in RR.

Straight from the "Skin Commands.txt" file

"SENDKEY" - This lets you send keys to any application -- This is in VB's sendkeys method format.
        Examples: "SENDKEY;{PGDOWN}", "SENDKEY;%A", "SENDKEY;{LEFT}"
        If you need more details on this, look at VB's documentation or drop me a line.
        RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
        Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
        RRMedia
        RRExtended
        DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

So far it's been pretty self explanatory. I'll let you know if I run into any roadblocks.

Comment

Now that I had a quick re-glance at this thread....you were merely trying to help/show the the unknowing/misinformed how to use that RR cmd. Correct?
            RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
            Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
            Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
            RRMedia
            RRExtended
            DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Yes that is correct! With example

Comment

Yeah, it just take the gessing out of it with the commands already spelled-out. Interesting the bit about "print-screen".
                OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
                Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
                Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
                BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
                M2-ATX Power Supply
                RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
                Windows XP SP3

Comment

toyotatyrant:
                  how did you keep KMPlayer from minimizing like Winamp?

Comment

Originally posted by blackcar View Post
                    toyotatyrant:
                    how did you keep KMPlayer from minimizing like Winamp?
                    Check out my post here. This should help with kmplayer and winamp conflicting with each other. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/road...coverjuke.html

Comment

Working...
                    X