Recommend me a skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a skin

Well, I just spent several hours browsing through the skin sub-section, and I'm really at a loss to decide what skin to run. Here's what I want:
    -Music
    -GPS (both navigation and other neat features)
    -OBDII (gauges would be fantastic)

I love the look of the iPhone skins. I prefer "clean and simple" to "wicked awesome!"

I'm probably going to pick up iGuidance for navigation, and I understand I'll need to use a port splitter to get GPS functionality into other parts of RR. I understand that DashCommand is fairly popular for implementing OBD gauges, but I think I've seen some other OBD solutions in development.

Suggestions?
    1999 SVT Contour

New Age - Iguidance

Try this skin, it is themed after iguidance and has a lot of functionality.
    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

Hmmmm I wonder why you picked that particular skin to recommend
      Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
        Hmmmm I wonder why you picked that particular skin to recommend
        Well he said he wants to use iGuidance, if he would have said garmin I probably would have recommended my other skin..

Comment

Like the suggestions, keep 'em coming!
          1999 SVT Contour

Comment

I recommend one from John
            DigitalFX 4.0
            Pretty popular skin with a lot of features.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderStick View Post
              I recommend one from John
              DigitalFX 4.0
              Pretty popular skin with a lot of features.
              It's not my style at all. I don't like the colors, fonts, or the text positioning. I have a little bit of a background in graphic design, so little things tend to bug me. I already have plans for my own skin, but I'd like to start off with something simple.

Let's see some more suggestions!
              1999 SVT Contour

Comment

Steel Blues
                There's a thread in the skins section that has a list of every skin available and a link to check each one out.
                Ampie Case
                2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
                256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
                Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
                M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Originally posted by Maheriano View Post
                  Steel Blues
                  There's a thread in the skins section that has a list of every skin available and a link to check each one out.
                  Yeah, I looked through a lot of those but most of them seemed to be "MY FURST TIME USING GIMP" skins, and it was just a lot of garbage to wade through.
                  1999 SVT Contour

Comment

Originally posted by Laminar View Post
                    Yeah, I looked through a lot of those but most of them seemed to be "MY FURST TIME USING GIMP" skins, and it was just a lot of garbage to wade through.
                    Wade farther, I'm not going to do it for you.
                    Ampie Case
                    2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
                    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                    Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
                    Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
                    M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Originally posted by Maheriano View Post
                      Wade farther, I'm not going to do it for you.
                      I'm not asking for anyone to do work for me, I just asking for suggestions based on experience.
                      1999 SVT Contour

Comment

Originally posted by Laminar View Post
                        It's not my style at all. I don't like the colors, fonts, or the text positioning. I have a little bit of a background in graphic design, so little things tend to bug me. I already have plans for my own skin, but I'd like to start off with something simple.

Let's see some more suggestions!
                        In my own defense... Or for anyone else reading this post, as far as the DFX skin is concerned, the Font color, Background color (Or choose a wallpaper), progress bar color, font style, Main menu button placement, main menu layout ect ect can be changed from within the skin, in the settings screen.

As far as text placement that is pretty much hard coded, aside from editing the skin files, as all of the text in the skin are just labels and not in the actual images.
                        Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

In my own defense... Or for anyone else reading this post, as far as the DFX skin is concerned, the Font color, Background color (Or choose a wallpaper), progress bar color, font style, Main menu button placement, main menu layout ect ect can be changed from within the skin, in the settings screen.

As far as text placement that is pretty much hard coded, aside from editing the skin files, as all of the text in the skin are just labels and not in the actual images.
                          pshhh....your skin sucks...

j/k

just so this isnt threadjacking...maybe try lsx void...its pretty unique and artsy...

.:[ x10's GMLAN ]:.

Sirius Channels Update

Comment

Okay, I'm giving it a shot now. Thanks for the suggestion.
                            1999 SVT Contour

Comment

every skin we give for nothing is a gift.
                              take it or leave it, if you could it better...show us your skin.

but dont ask before you do it for the PSDīs of mine.

i like your skins, a lot of ideas you give me with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X