Sorry But I am about to Quit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry But I am about to Quit

I have been ready to put my Carputer in my car for about a month. I have posted a half dozen times and have appreciated all the help, both in responce to my queries, and to everyone for their wealth of knowledge.

But this thing has me baffled and I think I may give up.

Every Skin I download that uses a background for the skin ends up not working. and I mean every single one.

I have the most current version RR ver 1.0.1.5.

This skin is the new 506 by DocBrezy but they all end up the same.

The entire page is washed out, no buttons show until i run my cursor over them at least one, and even then the background never shows up. Very frustrating... sorry to vent...

Enclosed are two photos of what i see each time. First is before cursor the second after cursor.

Any suggestions ...while i still have hair to pull out....
    Attached Files

Post the specs of your set up. I think that may be the reason.

Comment

First make sure you have the GDIPlusWrapper.dll in the rr folder, and make sure it is registered. This is what allows transparency in RR.

Open the RR.ini (In the root RR folder) Look for a lines like this, if they are not there, then add it:

background=C:\Program Files\Road Runner\Backgrounds\Red_texture.jpg
      backgroundpath=C:\Program Files\Road Runner\backgrounds\

Then just make sure that the path and *.jpg exist in that folder.

A good way to test, is to copy the the full path from the background= line, hold down the windows key and press R (Same as start menu, then select run) and paste the line in the run dialog box, and press enter. If the path and image name are correct, the image will open in windows image viewer, or whatever you have associated with .jpg images.

EDIT:
      If it still does not work, open the skin.ini in the skin folder you are using. Make sure those lines are not in that ini, and if they are you can deleted them, or copy the ones from the rr.ini. The reason being, is whatever is in the skin.ini will take priority of whats in the rr.ini.

for instance, If you have the lines in rr.ini correct, and background=x:\pics in the skin.ini, it will overide the rr.ini
      Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

You need to set a background.

first, do you have a backgrounds folder in the root of RoadRunner/RideRunner with graphic files in it.

Then in RRConfig, skins section there is an option to set a background, use that to select a file from that.

or there should be a background selector section in the skins you are trying.

Comment

The Path

It was the path. I have them all working except Omega
          and Teknk2. But i can live with what I have..
          thanks so much.

Comment

Again Thanks

I once again want to thank the community and especially JohnWPD, Enforcer and prodigalsun for responding. They are not all working but that still maybe some path stuff pointing to the wrong place.

My first order of business is to centralize the background path and then correct them all.

Again thanks

Cliff Nix
            Bloomington IL

Comment

Do you have the latest .NET, flash and JRE?
              Ampie Case
              2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
              256 MB DDR2 PC5400
              Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
              Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
              M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Originally posted by Tzunami View Post
                I once again want to thank the community and especially JohnWPD, Enforcer and prodigalsun for responding. They are not all working but that still maybe some path stuff pointing to the wrong place.

My first order of business is to centralize the background path and then correct them all.

Again thanks

Cliff Nix
                Bloomington IL
                Not sure how all of the other skins have theirs' organized but i purposely put my backgrounds folder inside of my skin, that way i can just copy the entire skin file to my car once i've configured it. It makes things easier (for me) to transfer as some of my RR settings are different in the car than the desktop where i do most of the editing. Anyway, glad you got it working.
                506 Skin
                506 Flash!
                NEVER BLEND IN!!!

Comment

Well this was discussed many moons ago, and I'm sure it was decided that it would be better to have the Background folder in the root of RR so that all transparent skins can access then.

Obviously if you only use one skin you can stick it anywhere i guess.

Comment

are u using RideRunner June? use the installer!!!
                    install the carwings

even without a set backgound, all the new RideRunners will fall back to black
                    -Thanks
                    Mitch
                    www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                    May healing waters bury all my pain
                    Wind, Carry me home
                    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                    The piece of me that died
                    Will return To live again

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                      Well this was discussed many moons ago, and I'm sure it was decided that it would be better to have the Background folder in the root of RR so that all transparent skins can access then.
                      Absolutely! For any skinners out there making new skins, please use the Root Road Runner folder for the background path. C:\Program Files\Road Runner\Backgrounds

I have 8 skins installed on my system, and 7 megs of images in the BG folder. If I had the backgrounds folder in each of the skin folders that's just a major waste of space.

It also makes standard, so you won't have the problem of backgrounds working in some skins and not others.
                      Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

err... RideRunner\Backgrounds
                        -Thanks
                        Mitch
                        www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                        May healing waters bury all my pain
                        Wind, Carry me home
                        The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                        The piece of me that died
                        Will return To live again

Comment

Nuff said, i will make note of that for future release and referances.
                          506 Skin
                          506 Flash!
                          NEVER BLEND IN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchjs View Post
                            err... RideRunner\Backgrounds
                            Heheh good habits are hard to break

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Also following with the whole pattern, the next release of my skin will put the logo's in the root RR folder as well. There is just no sense of each skin having all of the backgrounds, logo's, 3D logos and such duplicated so many times.....

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X