Run an embedded program with option found in a list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run an embedded program with option found in a list

I work on some menus for Emulator's games.

My problem is that i want to list the games roms in a list , choose one and run the good program.

the first skin list the roms
    Code:
    RoadRunner Skin
    RRScreen nintendo
    listegame_off.png,listegame_off.png,listegame_on.png,listegame_off.png

INC,Bottomtext.txt

/Play Buttons
    B,412,544,70,56,"MUTE",
    B,63,543,70,56,"VOL+",
    B,134,543,70,56,"VOL-",
    B,205,543,70,56,"PREV",
    B,342,543,70,56,"PLAY",
    B,275,543,70,56,"NEXT",
    B,482,543,68,56,"SHUFFLE",
    B,549,543,70,56,"MIXER",
    B,679,1,121,73,"ESC",
    B,1,-2,91,73,"MINIMIZE",

/Up Down Buttons
    B,16,347,59,73,"PGDOWN"
    B,16,272,59,73,"DOWN",
    B,16,120,59,73,"PGUP",
    B,16,198,59,73,"UP",

/,L
    L,92,134,623,42,255,255,255,20,"Arial:B","=Nintendo Entertainment System ROM Selection","CENTER"
    L,94,136,623,42,0,0,0,20,"Arial:B","=Nintendo Entertainment System ROM Selection","CENTER"
    L,331,452,129,36,255,255,255,20,"Arial:B","=Select","CENTER"
    L,333,454,129,36,0,0,0,20,"Arial:B","=Select","CENTER" 

/Mid Menu
    B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;nintendonesgame.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\Fceux\fceux.exe|-m"$nintendonespath$$LISTTEXT$";FCEUX"

/Mid Lables
    SD,00,322,22,,"$nintendonespath$","*.nes|*.fds|*.unf|*.zip|*.rar|*.7z",
    S,100,192,608,223,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,255,255,0,50,17,"HandelGotDLig"
    IL,DL,transparent.bmp,sel.bmp,end.bmp,1,20,70

/,I
    I,420,554,50,35,"MUTE"
    I,572,12,50,45,"ONLINE"
    I,624,9,47,53,"PHONE_CONNECTED_PHOCO" 

END
    the second embed the program:
    Code:
    RoadRunner Skin
    RRScreen nintendogame
    nintendogame.png,nintendogame.png,,nintendogame_down.png

/C,144,77,640,480
    A,144,77,640,480,0
    B,3,266,136,85,"RUNQ;$skinpath$Emulators\NintendoZSNES\pause.exe",
    B,2,180,136,86,"RUNQ;$skinpath$Emulators\NintendoZSNES\save.exe",
    B,1,96,137,83,"RUNQ;$skinpath$Emulators\NintendoZSNES\load.exe",
    B,2,351,136,81,"RUNQ;$skinpath$Emulators\NintendoZSNES\quit.exe||EXIT",
    L,35,379,72,26,255,255,255,16,"HandelGotDLig","=Quit","CENTER"
    L,37,381,72,26,0,0,0,16,"HandelGotDLig","=Quit","CENTER"
    L,35,294,72,26,255,255,255,16,"HandelGotDLig","=Pause","CENTER"
    L,37,296,72,26,0,0,0,16,"HandelGotDLig","=Pause","CENTER"
    L,35,205,72,26,255,255,255,16,"HandelGotDLig","=Save","CENTER"
    L,37,207,72,26,0,0,0,16,"HandelGotDLig","=Save","CENTER"
    L,35,122,72,26,255,255,255,16,"HandelGotDLig","=Load","CENTER"
    L,37,124,72,26,0,0,0,16,"HandelGotDLig","=Load","CENTER"

END
    in the skin.ini file the path is defined:
    Code:
    nintendonespath=C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\Fceux\Rom\
    My issu is that i create a batch file , run.bat, with the command
    Code:
    fceux.exe .\rom\Adventure_island2.nes
    the program is well launched with the good rom.

But if i want to launch the program with the program selected in the screen's list, the program is well launched but without the game !

This is my screens:

Where is my error please.

Thanks for any help !!!

You would need to use the onclclick event in exectbl.ini

Something like this, but I would need to know what command you need to use to execute your emulator with a specifc game.

"ONCLCLICK","SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||<what ever command you have to run the emulator with the path and add $LISTTEXT$ to path>",nintendo.skin

Comment

Or you can try something like this on your "select" button:

"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||$skinpath$Emulato rs\NintendoZSNES\fceux.exe|$LISTTEXT$"
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I have tried this command who don't run:
        Code:
        B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;nintendonesgame.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\Fceux\fceux.exe|$LISTTEXT$;FCEUX"

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
          You would need to use the onclclick event in exectbl.ini

Something like this, but I would need to know what command you need to use to execute your emulator with a specifc game.

"ONCLCLICK","SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||<what ever command you have to run the emulator with the path and add $LISTTEXT$ to path>",nintendo.skin
          I understand not well enforcer.

Can you give me a full line command like exemple please?

Comment

Hello, I can not help with this, but I commented that in my HTPC in which use Meedio, instead of going crazy with commands, I install the frontend "MALA", you can change the skin similar to RR, embedding perhaps the RR can work ok, in my HTPC, my son playing MAME and ePSXe with only 5 years old

Similarly, if you get to solve the problem,'m really interested in, thus eliminating the graphic interface of mame32 and ePSXEcutor ...

Greetings.

(traduced by google, sorry my bad english )
            My Site: www.fuegomp3.com.ar
            Renault Fuego 84 Carpc & full worklog

Comment

Originally posted by pierrotm777 View Post
              I have tried this command who don't run:
              Code:
              B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;nintendonesgame.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\Fceux\fceux.exe|$LISTTEXT$;FCEUX"
              Can you post a debug.txt of you executing this command ? We should then see exactly what's going on.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I understand not well enforcer.

Can you give me a full line command like exemple please?
                try

"ONCLCLICK","SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD; nintendonesgame.skin;emulator;$skinpath$Emulators\ Fceux\fceux.exe|$LISTTEXT$;FCEUX",listegame

NB this is combining information from your posts and Guinos

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                  try

"ONCLCLICK","SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD; nintendonesgame.skin;emulator;$skinpath$Emulators\ Fceux\fceux.exe|$LISTTEXT$;FCEUX",listegame

NB this is combining information from your posts and Guinos
                  I have tried this command who don't run

B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT|| LOAD;nintendonesgame.skin;emulator;$skinpath$Emula tors\Fceux\fceux.exe $LISTTEXT$;FCEUX",listegame

and that in the exectbl.ini file with B,258,428,272,85,"ONCLCLICK" on the button
                  "ONCLCLICK","SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD; nintendonesgame.skin;emulator;$skinpath$Emulators\ Fceux\fceux.exe $LISTTEXT$;FCEUX",listegame

Comment

I explain me.

this all my commands who run the emulators

Code:
                    B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;nintendogame.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\NintendoZSNES\zsnesw.exe|-m "$nintendosnespath$$LISTTEXT$";ZSNES"
                    B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;finalburnergame.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\FinalBurn Alpha\fba.exe| $finalburnerpath$$LISTTEXT$;FB Alpha v0.2.97.08"
                    B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;nintendogame64.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\Project64 1.6\Project64.exe|-m "$project64spath$$LISTTEXT$";!Project64!Project64"
                    B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;ps2game.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\Pcsx2\pcsx2.exe | $pcsx2path$$LISTTEXT$;pcsx2"
                    B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;ps1game.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\ePSXe\epsxe.exe | -nogui -loadbin "$ePSXepath$$LISTTEXT$";ePSXe - Enhanced PSX emulator"
                    B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;nintendodsgame.skin||RUN;$skinpath$Emulators\NintendoDS\nogba.exe | "$nintendodspath$$LISTTEXT$";No$gba Emulator"
                    B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;segagenesisgame.skin||RUN;$skinpath$Emulators\Fusion\Fusion.exe | "$genesispath$$LISTTEXT$";Fusion 3.6 (C) Steve Snake, 2008."
                    B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;nintendonesgame.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\Fceux\fceux.exe| "$nintendonespath$$LISTTEXT$";FCEUX"

[EMULATORS GAME]
                    nintendosnespath=C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\NintendoZSNES\Rom\
                    finalburnerpath=C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\FinalBurn Alpha\ROMs\
                    project64path=C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\Project64 1.6\Rom\
                    pcsx2path=C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\Pcsx2\Rom\
                    ePSXepath=C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\ePSXe\Rom\
                    nintendodspath=C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\NintendoDS\Rom\
                    genesispath=C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\Fusion\Rom\
                    nintendonespath=C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\Fceux\Rom\
                    ps1 (epsxe see the good path)
                    ps2 (pcsx2 don't see the good path) (no batch file possibility found)
                    Nes (fceux see the good path)
                    Snes (zsnes see the good path)
                    N64 (project64 see the good path)
                    DS (no$bga see the good path)
                    Sega genesis(fusion see the good path)
                    CPS1,2,3(finalburner don't see the good path) (no batch file possibility found)

Comment

I have found for the PS1:
                      Code:
                      B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;ps1game.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\ePSXe\epsxe.exe | -nogui -loadbin "$ePSXepath$$LISTTEXT$";ePSXe - Enhanced PSX emulator"

Comment

I have tried this command who don't run

and that in the exectbl.ini file with B,258,428,272,85,"ONCLCLICK" on the button
                        "ONCLCLICK","SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD; nintendonesgame.skin;emulator;$skinpath$Emulators\ Fceux\fceux.exe $LISTTEXT$;FCEUX",listegame

You don't need anything on the button, just click the item in the list.

And 'who don't run' doesn't help us much, you need to describe exactly what does and doesn't happen.

It don't work tells us nothing.

Also as G said, post your debug.txt so we can see what happens with the code.

Help us to help you.

Comment

This is my debug files

The issu is that the emulator is well launched but without the game .
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have solved also FCEUX Nes emulator with the command :
                            Code:
                            B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;nintendonesgame.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\Fceux\fceux.exe| "$nintendonespath$$LISTTEXT$";FCEUX"
                            solved also for Fusion Sega genesis emulator with this command:
                            Code:
                            B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;segagenesisgame.skin||RUN;$skinpath$Emulators\Fusion\Fusion.exe | "$genesispath$$LISTTEXT$";Fusion 3.6 (C) Steve Snake, 2008."
                            solved also for Fusion Nintendo GameBoy and DS emulator with this command:
                            Code:
                            B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;nintendodsgame.skin||RUN;$skinpath$Emulators\NintendoDS\nogba.exe | "$nintendodspath$$LISTTEXT$";No$gba Emulator"
                            For finalburner Alpha i have found that a batch file like "fba romname" run well but without path and romname's suffix .
                            So, this command, i think, is good, but it keep the suffix and give an error when fba launch the game.
                            Code:
                            B,258,428,272,85,"SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;finalburnergame.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\FinalBurn Alpha\fba | "$finalburnerpath$$LISTTEXT$";FB Alpha v0.2.97.08"
                            The post #10 is updated with the good commands

Comment

"C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\Fceux\f ceux.exe" C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\Fceu\Ro m\Adventure_island2.nes

This seems correct, but maybe the emulator requires quotes for the path to the ROM..

You may want to try adding quotes to the command like this:
                              Code:
                              "SETVARBYCODE;LISTTEXT;LISTTEXT||LOAD;nintendonesgame.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Ride Runner\Skins\Carwings_Dynamic_pm\Emulators\Fceux\fceux.exe|"$nintendonespath$$LISTTEXT$;FCEUX""
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X