Dynamic buttons and XM...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic buttons and XM...

In the past I made my own skinset add-on for XM with predefined buttons and graphics that I have used for quite some time with the Brushed Metal Skin.
    (XMFAVS_off.jpg)

I'm now using reborn and love how you can Hold and set buttons to different commands.

Knowing XM/Sirius sometimes changes their lineup, Id like to do the same with an XM skin, using XM art as buttons and setting their channel with press/hold.

I've tried this with no success. Without causing conflits with the reborn skin commands already in place, would someone mind helping me with this? Im sure many will find this useful.
    Attached Files
    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Here is the reborn skin's code in the exectbl.ini for dynamic buttons
    Code:
    "BUTTONSAVETOSKIN", "SAVETOSKIN;$BUTTONTOCHANGECMD$;$NEWBUTTONCMD$||SAVETOSKIN;$BUTTONTOCHANGELABEL$;$NEWBUTTONLABEL$||SAVETOSKIN;$BUTTONTOCHANGEICON$;$NEWBUTTONICON$"
    "BUTTONTOCHANGE", "SETVAR;BUTTONTOCHANGELABEL;BUTTON$BUTTONSEL$||SETVAR;BUTTONTOCHANGECMD;BUTTON_CMD$BUTTONSEL$||SETVAR;BUTTONTOCHANGEICON;BUTTONICON$BUTTONSEL$"
    "CHANGEBUTTON", "CLCLEAR;ALL||MENU;MENUB.skin||CLLOAD;$SKINPATH$BUTTONLIST.txt;true||SETVAR;BUTTONTOCHANGELABEL;BUTTON$BUTTONSEL$||SETVAR;BUTTONTOCHANGECMD;BUTTON_CMD$BUTTONSEL$||SETVAR;BUTTONTOCHANGEICON;BUTTONICON$BUTTONSEL$||UPDATE_PIC"
    "DOSWITCHBUTTON", "SETVARBYCODE;NEWBUTTONCMD;LISTTEXT||SETVARBYCODE;NEWBUTTONLABEL;CLDESC||SETVAR;NEWBUTTONICON;$NEWBUTTONLABEL$.png||SETVAR;$BUTTONTOCHANGECMD$;$NEWBUTTONCMD$||SETVAR;$BUTTONTOCHANGELABEL$;$NEWBUTTONLABEL$||SETVAR;$BUTTONTOCHANGEICON$;$NEWBUTTONICON$||EXIT||BUTTONSAVETOSKIN||RELOADSKIN"
    "BUTTONS","SETVAR;BUTTONREADY;1"
    Skin File code example:

Code:
    (Button)
    B01,6,132,346,101,"$BUTTON_CMD1$||BYVAR;VOICEX;<<PLAYSOUND;$SKINPATH$SOUNDS\$BUTTON1$.wav",@SETVAR;BUTTONSEL;1||CHANGEBUTTON@

(icon image)
    I07,18,142,65,80,"FILE;$SKINPATH$ICONS\$BUTTONICON1$"
    (Label)
    L06,110,168,214,25,255,255,255,18,"Arial Narrow","byvar;buttonready;<<=$BUTTON1$","CENTER",

When reading the code I assumed there could be just a few small changes to make it work for the XM skin I'm attempting to create

Here is my attempt to modify/add my code to work with the XM skin in the exectbl.ini

Code:
    "CHANGEBUTTONXM", "CLCLEAR;ALL||MENU;MENUB.skin||CLLOAD;$SKINPATH$XMBUTTONLIST.txt;true||SETVAR;BUTTONTOCHANGELABEL;BUTTON$BUTTONSEL$||SETVAR;BUTTONTOCHANGECMD;BUTTON_CMD$BUTTONSEL$||SETVAR;BUTTONTOCHANGEICON;BUTTONICON$BUTTONSEL$||UPDATE_PIC"
    Trying to use the same skin to select I simply changed the command and referenced TXT file. I also referenced the XM icons. I also changed the button name.

My Skin File
    Code:
    RoadRunner Skin
    ROADRUNNER XM_test Skin
    XM_blank-off.jpg,XM_blank-off.jpg,XM_blank-off.jpg,XM_blank-down.jpg

I07,16,15,91,83,"FILE;$RRPATH$\XMArt\$BUTTONICON37$"
    /, L, x, y, w, h, color R;RGB, G, B, font size;FONT, font name, Code;LABELCODES, Tooltip;LABELALIGNMENT
    /, B, x, y, w, h, Command;COMMANDCODES, Tooltip
    B01,4,7,114,101,"$BUTTON_CMD37$",@SETVAR;BUTTONSEL;1||CHANGEBUTTONXM@

END
    Regardless of what I try and set it to in my XM test skin, its changing "$BUTTON_CMD1$".

Thoughts?
    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

lot of code to be changed here ,, i know this thats my code lol... i did it for Dartman ages ago,, this can be done for your XM stuff very easyly,,,

give me some time and i will do it for you ,, just need a list of the stations you want in the menu list scr to select from
      Riderunner / Genesis
      Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
      New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
      Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
      Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
      Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

Basically.. what Im looking to do (or help to) is list all stations. Each Icon would be pulled form the XMArt folder. Basically press and hold each button, a menu pops up and you scroll through each channel (showing by number, but also listing channel name, and icon)

I have included a TXT file that has every channel listed like this..

#||Name||Category||Genre||Description

I have also included the menu_b.skin as a reference. I can create or modify any skin as needed.
        Attached Files
        2011 Nissan Frontier SL

Comment

Im going to upload some different graphics to use for the skin after I finish with them today,
          2011 Nissan Frontier SL

Comment

i also need the icons to test with i assume these live in the rr root whats the folder name as well, i don't use xm/siruis
            Riderunner / Genesis

Comment

XM art attached

Should be in the RR\XMArt directory.

I working on the skin files...
              Attached Files
              2011 Nissan Frontier SL

Comment

Here are the skin files...

The top 3 are for Music, Nav, and Gauges (or user set)
                Attached Files
                2011 Nissan Frontier SL

Comment

can i have your brush metal files need to see how the stations are loaded
                  Riderunner / Genesis

Comment

Here is my current setup. Hope this helps.

And thanks.
                    Attached Files
                    2011 Nissan Frontier SL

Comment

Any luck?
                      2011 Nissan Frontier SL

Comment

you'll have to bare with me ,, just been given a big project , but i am working on it ,, and not far from a test
                        Riderunner / Genesis

Comment

Thanks!, just checking in...
                          2011 Nissan Frontier SL

Comment

almost there ,, just a few errors to over come
                            Riderunner / Genesis

Comment

Cool deal, you daman!
                              2011 Nissan Frontier SL

Comment

Working...
                              X