Dynamic Sliders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Sliders

This is my first stab at developing a skin. One of the functionalities are working on is to have album art and a progress bar for teh song (slider). I would also like it to show HD, XM or Sirius signal strengths when they are the active source as I've seen in a few skins. This issue is that this is on the menu screen and I'd have to somehow dynamically change the slider code. I've implemented this somewhat witht eh following code:

S02,220,500,570,29,220,500,29,18,"slider_audio.png ",,60,"BYVAR;ACTIVESOURCEID;<<HDSIGNAL<<RSIGNAL<<X MSIGSAT<<SRSIGSAT<<SONGPOS",""

I have two issues: 1) the slider does not work for HD Radio or Sirius, but works for MP3s and 2) I've lost the slider control so I can't click it to advance in the song anymore.

So I attempted to define a persistent variable in the skin.ini (MySldr) and I have it set to update the variable when I select each source:

"AUDIO||SAVETOSKIN;MySldr;SONGPOS" and "SIRIUS||SAVETOSKIN;MySldr;SRSIGSAT"

And I change the slider code to read:

S02,220,500,570,29,220,500,29,18,"slider_audio.png ",,60,$MySldr$,""

This does not work either. I'm probably bordering on making RR doe something it can't, but conceptually this should work. Can someone give me a hint on what I may be doing wrong.

Bobby

Well I've found out that it is "SRSAT" instead of "SRSIGSAT". I'm assuming it would be "XMSAT" for XM Radio.

Comment

Case "xmsat"

Case "xmter"

Case "srsat"

Case "srter"
      -Thanks
      Mitch
      www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
      May healing waters bury all my pain
      Wind, Carry me home
      The fabric of reality is tearing apart
      The piece of me that died
      Will return To live again

Comment

Are you saying that I can use a "Case...Select" statement in a skin? Would it look like this:

Case "SONGPOS"
        S02,220,500,570,29,220,500,29,18,"slider_audio.png ",,60,"SONGPOS",""
        Case "SRSAT"
        S02,220,500,570,29,220,500,29,18,"slider_audio.png ",,60,"SRSAT",""
        etc...

But how am I linking the case to the defined persistent variable. I've looked at the documentation and I can't find anything on using a "Case" statement.

Comment

NO

im showing you code from RR, and i fixed the skincommands.txt file to reflect that

there is no souch thing as dynamic sliders, i dont want to say what your doing is impossible
          some amazing skinners out there do some things i didnt know rr could do
          -Thanks
          Mitch
          www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
          Wind, Carry me home

Comment

and for SURE BYVAR is not supported in sliders
            -Thanks
            Mitch
            www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
            Wind, Carry me home

Comment

I thought that maybe the second version of the code would work. It says in the documentation that User Variables can be used for the slider. It also says the variable needs to be in a range of 0 - 65535. My variable does not store the value of the CODE variable. It only stores the CODE name. My thinking was that I could use the variable as an alias for the CODE and execute it that way (i.e. S02,220,500,570,29,220,500,29,18,"slider_audio.png ",,60,$MySldr$,""). I've verified the variable is updating using a label. Is there a way to make a user variable act as a 'pointer' to a CODE variable (c syntax MYVAR=&SONGPOS)? I'll keep chugging away. If I find a way to do it I will post back. Thanks for all your help so far.

Bobby

Comment

wouldnt you know it

sliders do support "byvar"

use that

byvar;activesourceid;zero<<HDSIGNAL<< blabla
                Last edited by mitchjs; 07-18-2012, 09:32 PM.
                -Thanks
                Mitch
                www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                Wind, Carry me home

Comment

I didn't want to challenge you on it, but the first example did work. I just want able to use the jump to function on the slider. I may have to do something with the "ONSLDR" event to get the variable to update for songs. I've also noticed that it does not pull the SRSAT and HDSIGNAL. It may be due to sliders being in other skins for their signal strength. Don't know. Gonna try and figure that out as well. Oh, and are there any emulators for Sirius and HD? All of my stuff is installed in the car and would be a pain to remove and test out.

Comment

the sliders dont care where they at
                    most of the sliders you talking about here are read only
                    -Thanks
                    Mitch
                    www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                    Wind, Carry me home

Comment

Did some more testing. When looking at the debug, I noticed that the the ONSLDxxxx event shows "ONSLDR<<hdsignal<<rsignal<<xmsat<<srsat<<songpos< <<<<<<<<<". That may be why the "jump to" function doesn't work. Still can't figure out why the user variable is not updating. I've tried saving the variable using "SETVAR;MySldr;SONGPOS||Audio" in the load event and then using the $MySldr$, "MySldr", "=$MySldr$". None works to update the slider. They only save the present song postion to MySldr at time of load, but it does not update after that. Well I think I'll chalk this one up as a loss.

Comment

del
                        Last edited by harryberlin; 03-28-2013, 04:30 PM.
                        RR-Skin: BMW OpenBM Skin for E39 [never ending progress :-(]
                        RR-Plugin: IBusCommunicatoRR new Updates

Comment

Working...
                        X