Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New skin: Digital Graphite

Target:
    To do a new skin, trying to improve the Brushed Metal style and functionality.
    First usability, then nice graphics.

Ideas:
    -Clear and categorized sections:
    1) AUDIO: HD FILES / CD PLAYER / RADIO
    2) VIDEO: HD FILES / DVD PLAYER / TV
    3) GPS
    4) SECONDARY APPS: CALCULATOR / PICTURE VIEWER / WIRELESS...
    5) PHONE CONTROL
    6) OBDII
    - Unified and intuitive controller (one for everything, when it's possible)
    - Buttons with unified size and form (with a "main" button as exception)
    - Easily changeable/adaptable screens/buttons.

Progress preview:
    Main menu

Audio files

Radio

Video files

This will be a colaborative project. Everyone is invited. Graphics under Creative Commons License.
    http://creativecommons.org

looks good nice big buttons
    www.vortexleather.com

Comment

This is a great skin for RoadRunner
      Really like those audio and general info bars.

What really would be great is to add them at the home screen as well, and scroll the info there. So a little bar at the top can show all the information.
      I have a similar thing with LCDSmartie, ,http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/on my pc, which shows all information you want scrolling along the LCDscreen.

I guess guido has to make something like that before it can be used in a skin, but maybe LCD support can be converted to text on a infobar?!??

So maybe it's an idea...
      Finished!
      pc 99% - install 100% - audio 100%

Comment

Already planned.
        The main screen will be consistent with the "active function", mainly the audio player. It's in progress, I hope it'll be ready tomorrow.

Comment

Hey what would be cool is if the up down arrows on the left are for scrolling track by track and the up down ones on the right of the playlist are the page up and page down buttons.
          www.vortexleather.com

Comment

I'll definitely have to add a few things to support this skin... I'll gladly work on it..
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks very much, Guino. WeŽll work trying to do something good.

Progress:
              (See the first post)

Since I'm not perfect... opinions, suggestions?

Comment

Looks great cant wait to see the video player another cool roadrunner skin.
                www.vortexleather.com

Comment

Good, very look type cars dashboard.

Great buttons, well, simple and of easy intuition.
                  This and the thing important in the skin, to see well without becoming distracted too much...

I like it

Mauri

Comment

I like it very much, the look is VERY Professional and intuitive. Very nice the cpu load too. I'm curious to view the others screens preview.
                    Fabio

RoadRunner - PC Navigator 7.1 - FreeFone

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fabio
                      I like it very much, the look is VERY Professional and intuitive. Very nice the cpu load too. I'm curious to view the others screens preview.
                      When this skin is ready, I'll have to add a little code to get the CPU%... but it's nothing too hard..

EDIT:
                      Man, I'm definitely going to have some work cut out for the features of this skin.. hahaha
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Help needed with the "eye candy" part. Could any Photoshop master do the icons for the main screen? Something like the Media Player Classic logo style would be nice. I want to create a high contrast effect, the idea is a colourful icon "displayed" on the "small screens" of the buttons.

I've some ideas for the central screen with the brand. Since RR has flash support now... what about touch that screen, see an animation hidding the logo and the buttons (except the icons), and then a winamp visualization? Or maybe something more useful, like a small GPS screen "enbedded" there...

Work for guino:
                        If you add support for display a file with the car brand inside, people could add their own brand easily without edit (you must know that I've a Mazda... )

Comment

I love this skin. I can't wait till it is ready. It looks awesome!

Good work. I have photoshop, but am not to great at it for sure, lol.

Thanks,
                          Bryan
                          2000 Yukon Denali
                          Shuttle SN65G2
                          Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
                          1GB PC800 Mem
                          Radeon9200 PRO
                          Seagate 120GB
                          ATI Remote
                          RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
                          7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
                          USB 2.0 Hub
                          Rikaline GPS-6010
                          PN11 802.11b Wireless
                          XP Pro
                          750W Inverter

Comment

Good good skin !!!
                            Among how much time thinks about making to try?

Mauri

Comment

DAMN Angel =) yourŽe almost there!! now i LOVE the skin =) You seee!! by adding some flash and Tripex you just created something that simply OWNS!

Comment

Working...
                              X