Brush Metal Vortex Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brush Metal Vortex Update

Hi, This is my update to the Classic Brushed Metal Skin Ive decided to give this skin the much needed makeover implimenting the new features for Road Runner check it out.

CHANGES TO BRUSHED METAL
    25 Feb 2005
    * Audio Player and Menu switched to the Classic Style buttons Why? BIGGER BUTTONS
    + Audio Player displays Album Art is art exists
    + Audio Player displays flash logo (logo.swf) if Art doesnt exist.
    + Video Player has Seek Bar (intregrated to Guino's Brush Metal Update)
    + Audio Browser Shows Current Track
    + Skins Modified to display Motherboard Monitor Temps
    + Quick Launch buttons on Audio Player

*NEW* 22 March 2005
    - Removed Quick Launch Buttons on Audio Player (I Never used them Anyways)
    + CD, Search, Search Playlist, Remove Track, Clear List now on Audio Player
    + Menu Updated to New Style Menu with TV and PhoneControl Buttons
    * I don't know the skin command to load a CD? Also search all files button currently does not work as road runner doesnt support it yet.

TODO
    * Minimize Button on Exit Menu
    * Video Player with Top and Bottom Bars (If i can figure out how)

DOWNLOAD: BrushMetalVorteX.zip

You will also need the latest version of Brush Metal including the updates you can get them from http://guino.home.insightbb.com/download.html

If Album art is present then you get the art displayed

If no album art then Car
    Logo is displayed from your car logo.swf file

you can get logos for your car Here just rename file to logo.swf and place in your skin folder.

Menu with Track Name

Audio Browser With Current track name
    www.vortexleather.com

I think it's worth mentioning that the Video Player Update is at the DEFAULT Brush Metal Update... I've also updated the Audio player with the touchwheel with the top portion of your audio player.. thanks!
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
      I think it's worth mentioning that the Video Player Update is at the DEFAULT Brush Metal Update... I've also updated the Audio player with the touchwheel with the top portion of your audio player.. thanks!
      Thanks guino saves me from having to do it

I'll see how things go if people are interested i might add some more things like quick launch buttons to go straight to GPS or Video from Audio Player if i find some space.
      www.vortexleather.com

Comment

Allot of page views but no replies.

Anyways here's the screenshot of the Audio Player with buttons at the top for quick launch of DVD etc there is also room there to add more buttons but i don't have transparent images for TV buttons so maybe someone can email be some and i'll create a button there.

Let me know what you think if you would like this?
        www.vortexleather.com

Comment

Any chance of posting the pdf files so I can change the emblems to Nissan and the outer glows to orange? I also need to change it to 800X480.

Love your skin. I would like to use it. Thanks

Comment

im really diggin it vortex... so from the playlist screen, how would you get to gps? also, what do the video and audio browser screens look like? job well done, id def. like a copy when you have a 800x600 version ready!
            '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

Nice, Nice, Nice
              Only my logo displays in the audio play screen even if the album art is there. What am I doing wrong ?

EDIT: Checked your audio_player.skin and noticed the album art entry was edited out..should this be ?
              If I take the edit off, the album art sits behind the logo. If I edit out the logo I just get album art. So I can have art or logo but there is no automatic change to logo if the art is removed from the audio folder ?

Wizz
              Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
              Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
              Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

Originally posted by mpfjr
                Any chance of posting the pdf files so I can change the emblems to Nissan and the outer glows to orange? I also need to change it to 800X480.

Love your skin. I would like to use it. Thanks
                Hi sorry but i do not have the psd's as i was working with jpgs to change the emblem all you need to do is download the spinning flash logos for you car from
                Here

Rename it to logo.swf and put it in your brush metal folder.
                www.vortexleather.com

Comment

Originally posted by wizz
                  Nice, Nice, Nice
                  Only my logo displays in the audio play screen even if the album art is there. What am I doing wrong ?

EDIT: Checked your audio_player.skin and noticed the album art entry was edited out..should this be ?
                  If I take the edit off, the album art sits behind the logo. If I edit out the logo I just get album art. So I can have art or logo but there is no automatic change to logo if the art is removed from the audio folder ?

Wizz
                  Download again Road Runer version 2/20 as the Art on top of flash feature was added to 2/20 let me know if it works?
                  www.vortexleather.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chita79
                    im really diggin it vortex... so from the playlist screen, how would you get to gps? also, what do the video and audio browser screens look like? job well done, id def. like a copy when you have a 800x600 version ready!
                    I have not touched the Video & Audio browsers left them the way they are as we need some of those extra buttons.

Those links at the top are quite small but it was the only way i could get em to fit but they work very well.
                    www.vortexleather.com

Comment

can you shrink the mp3 info section and make the gps, dvd buttons bigger... i dont think its a big deal what kbps that file is... alot of us would rather be able to get to gps easier. Waddya think vortex?
                      '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

Originally posted by vortex
                        Download again Road Runer version 2/20 as the Art on top of flash feature was added to 2/20 let me know if it works?
                        Great, that works fine. Just had to adjust album art for optimum size, as the logo was just showing behind...now working perfect.
                        Thanks,

Wizz
                        Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
                        Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
                        Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

Originally posted by wizz
                          Great, that works fine. Just had to adjust album art for optimum size, as the logo was just showing behind...now working perfect.
                          Thanks,

Wizz
                          If you let me know what settings you did maybe wil help someone.

I have also added a few things today Temprature labels are now back and default is configured to Motherboard Monitor so if you have the Motherboard Monitor program you don't need to modify anything in the skin.

* Video is now also scrolling the text.
                          * File Browser displays current playing file at the top simmilar to Main Menu

Let me know if there is anything else you would like me to add i'm not very good at creating graphics but i can copy paste stuff nicely

I will post my files sometime tonight.
                          www.vortexleather.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chita79
                            can you shrink the mp3 info section and make the gps, dvd buttons bigger... i dont think its a big deal what kbps that file is... alot of us would rather be able to get to gps easier. Waddya think vortex?
                            Yes i agree with you there i'll see if i can clean things up there as the buttons are to small currently and u need to use nails to click on em. Hopefully i'll have something for you tonight.

EDIT: As long as i don't get too ****ed
                            www.vortexleather.com

Comment

hahaha, sounds good vortex great job so far!

Comment

Working...
                              X