Preview Ipod Skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview Ipod Skin

decided to take a break for a week or two from coding FreeDrive, so decided to have a play with RoadRunner and a new skin. Must say i'm very impressed with roadrunner.. keep up the good work ;-)

anyway.. heres a skin that reminds me of a ipod, it will have no main menu, no apps, no tv.. just MP3, GPS, Radio and Divx(dvd) which is all I ever use anyway. I have made it so it uses the touch wheel as this is a top bit of coding, so you just run your finger round the circle and it scrolls up and down the list.. great stuff Only done the audio side so far, but things should move on quite fast now so expect it finished in about a week now.

I've already altered some bits since this screenshot, but you will get the idea

CdR

Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Amazingg!congratulations man!

Just a few comments: Would it be possible/have you thought about giving the touchwheel and buttons a very slight bezel, to give the feeling that it is recessed like the ipod?

and 2... Do please consider the other skins.... at least for tv... I'm gonna be g4tting that and I love you skin!

Are you going to name it at all? I'd suggest carPod... aint I creative???
    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

oooh mama, very smooth this skin, I love it!

Can't wait till it's finished.

Comment

Looks awesome!

There's also a "scanmode" you *can* use in the audio player (aka intro mode).

Anyway, since you're not planning on making a TV/Radio skin, I'd request that at least you made the PSDs available for those who'd wish to take on it after you're done with it. I have been talking to a few people and there seems to be an interest to gather all RR skins in a simple hosted site, along with PSDs.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

can I ask if its possible to add a couple of lines of code, which will remove the 1 pixel boarder from the embedded app.. please :-)

Code:
          Dim rRect As RECT
          rRect.Left = -1
          rRect.Top = -1
          rRect.Right = embedded.Width -1
          rRect.Bottom = embedded.Height - 1
          ret = CreateRectRgnIndirect(rRect)
          res = embedded.hWnd
          res = SetWindowRgn(res, ret, True)
          reason being is the screenshot below.. You will prob know a better way of doing it, but thought I would have a go at suppling some code, even though it prob wont work, at least it shows i'm trying :-)
          Attached Files
          Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Love the skin can't wait till it's out can you please add Remove One From Playlist and Save Playlist buttons on the audio player.
            www.vortexleather.com

Comment

they will prob go nice on the audio browser page :-)
              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                they will prob go nice on the audio browser page :-)
                Well if your displaying the playlist in Audio Browser. Otherwise how will you remove 1 from playlist while looking at File Browser?
                www.vortexleather.com

Comment

can I ask if its possible to add a couple of lines of code, which will remove the 1 pixel boarder from the embedded app.. please :-)
                  Code:
                  Dim rRect As RECT
                  rRect.Left = -1
                  rRect.Top = -1
                  rRect.Right = embedded.Width -1
                  rRect.Bottom = embedded.Height - 1
                  ret = CreateRectRgnIndirect(rRect)
                  res = embedded.hWnd
                  res = SetWindowRgn(res, ret, True)
                  reason being is the screenshot below.. You will prob know a better way of doing it, but thought I would have a go at suppling some code, even though it prob wont work, at least it shows i'm trying :-)
                  Man, I can most definitely add the code above, but that seems like the kind of thing that would get Apps to freeze... I'll try it out with a few apps and if no problems, I'll leave it in... Thanks for the code BTW.
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

That's an incredible skin! Fantastic work. Looking forward to using it with Road Runner.

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                      Man, I can most definitely add the code above, but that seems like the kind of thing that would get Apps to freeze... I'll try it out with a few apps and if no problems, I'll leave it in... Thanks for the code BTW.
                      Just looked at the code, and think the width and height should be -2 not -1.. but I guess u would of figured that out
                      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Just looked at the code, and think the width and height should be -2 not -1.. but I guess u would of figured that out
                        Actually I'll probably use GetWindowRect first, then add 1 to left/top and remove 2 from right/bottom. I actually have a function that does similar but the oposite (to clip regions off inside).
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

@CdRsKuLL

I've implemented this "border removal" thingy, give it a try and let me know what you think...
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

yep can confirm its working 100% :-) thanks fella. I've just downloading the source and had a look, got it working no probs.. but really dont know where to start.. everything is commented.. fantastic work, found the bit of code you have added for me ;-)

CdR
                            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

ok been playing alittle more with freedrive, improved the loading time, and fixed a few things.. would it be possible for RR to be the parent of the screen its embedding ? Also noticed that when it embeds for the first time, sometimes the skin (RR's skin) needs to be refreshed as its all messed up. A simple click back to the prev menu and then back to the gps menu solves this..

cheers

CdR
                              Attached Files
                              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X