Infiniti Brushed Metal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infiniti Brushed Metal

working on this skin and any feedback is welcome. A couple of points I want to highlight:

No audio controls are needed since the carputer will be hooked through the OEM headunit via the SAT input. This als omeans no radio button is needed since OEM HU is intact. Audio controls can still be accessed via the 'mixer' button.

There is no digital clock in Infinitis. their analog clock is somewhat of a signature of theirs but it is anoyying as hell. I wanted to make the clock a centerpiece in the skin.

I'm being optomistic about frodos skinnable OBD-II initiative and it being integrated into RR in the future. Still need a gauge or odometer icon for it the OBD-II button.

There is also some unused real estate at the top. I will definitely give guino his props with a RR logo somewhere. Just dont know how big yet.

-NJJ
    Attached Files

also working on a brushed aluminum version with amber glow. Infiniti FXs have brushed aluminum center consoles and all dash instruments have an amber glow.

-NJJ
    Attached Files

Comment

looks good, my only beef would be to clean up the edges, they are a little jaggy.
      And also if you dont mind a little constructive crit.

Dont take this the wrong way, i have no idea what your artistc skills are.
      But....
      The brushed metal is getting realy tired. How many skins are there now using these exact same graphics? I have nothing agains brushed metal, i love it, but its the exact same brushed metal over and over and the same icons over and over. No one has changed it much at all.
      I would experiment with the background texture, icons etc. The layout is fine, usability is most impt if it works keep it, but the graphics should get updated, if not by you, some one.
      If i get some free time, ill make up a bunch of brushed metal backgrounds people can use so this one can be retired.

Again, dont take this the wrong way. I see your not a heavy poster, so i feel a little bad like im calling you out, but im not. In order to evolve some things must be left behind.
      01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
      01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
      mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

and as just as i post, i see your other post with a changed background. Keep going in that direction.
        01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
        01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
        mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

I got my car in Jan. Joined this site in Feb. It's my 1st time using photoshop. All criticism is welcome. I believe it's the best way to lean. That's why I posted. I'm just taking baby steps right now. I'll be able to walk/run with this soon. Also was starting with the basis of a skin I was familiar with since I also needed to lean the skin commands and how to setup the .skin files. Now that I've got the hang of it I'll start taking a few more risks.

-NJJ

Comment

How about this one? getting better? or worse? (see below)

-NJJ

Comment

Looking good, im like the black most of all... but can really adapt to either ones, they all look good.

Comment

i like the first one(black) too, it would be cool if you had the glow color in red as well
                PC Components:
                Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                My work log

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke
                  The brushed metal is getting realy tired. How many skins are there now using these exact same graphics? I have nothing agains brushed metal, i love it, but its the exact same brushed metal over and over and the same icons over and over. No one has changed it much at all.
                  No reflection on NJ_Jackals (your skin looks good and I like Zero7 ) but I must agree that the brushed metal themes (although nice) are getting a bit long in the tooth for me. Perhaps someone can dream up a new texture whilst keeping the same colour scheme?
                  A calm approach in a troubled world...
                  http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/CarPC

CONSOLE_RR Project in progress...
                  DC UK Forum

Comment

You missed the point, I have an fx too and the FX's brushed alumin in the inside matches the aluminum he used in the second two skins perfectly. I have brick interior and the second one would look sweet in the FX.

You all might have seen the brushed alumin a lot, but we have not and it matches our cars, so works for us

The newest is my favorite though (can you post it NJ?) and I cannot wait until its done! Major props!
                    Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Comment

latest.

-NJJ
                      Attached Files

Comment

the "ON" file.

-NJJ
                        Attached Files

Comment

i really like the first skin blue on black, where can i download it? are you still working on it?
                          PC Components:
                          Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                          My work log

Comment

Peoples, I can either send you the psds or jpgs for the first one I just need to know where to send it(shot me a pm). Not sure if you have photoshop. Menu on off and down are done but that is all I'm doing. It matches the default brushed metal skin so no need to change anything else really. The main purpose of it was to remove the volume controls since I don't need them, remove radio button, reorganize the others, and add phone and OBD-II buttons. For now I've moved on to my silver and amber fx skin which should be a complete skin when/if I ever finish it. I'm making that in 800x480 (instead of 800x600 like Guino's) since that is the native resolution of the xenarc and the lilliput. Hopefully we'll see a new bios for the Via boards soon that supports this resolution.

-NJJ

Comment

Originally posted by MC_Stoo
                              No reflection on NJ_Jackals (your skin looks good and I like Zero7 ) but I must agree that the brushed metal themes (although nice) are getting a bit long in the tooth for me. Perhaps someone can dream up a new texture whilst keeping the same colour scheme?
                              Check out my number of posts! Brushed metal is brand new to me! Seriously, no offense taken. I think I explained my rationale in previous posts. If you ever check out the interior in an Infiniti FX, you will understand. The entire center console and other accents on the dash/doors are brushed aluminum (they call it brushed metal but it is light like the brushed aluminum skin). The rest of the dash/radio setup is black (called graphite). The brushed metal and brushed aluminum skins match this perfectly and make it look almost OEM. My latest skin is a cleaner, silver look but should match great given that all the LEDs on the dash have an amber glow similar to my new skin.

Again, no offense taken. Still looking for more constructive criticism. As I said before, I have about a week of real photoshop experience and just took the time to learn the .skin commands. I'd like to give Guino some props here. It was a cinch to figure out. His design was thoughtfully laid out and easy to learn.

-NJJ

Comment

Working...
                              X