Trying to download, but the link seems not work
    Fabio

RoadRunner - PC Navigator 7.1 - FreeFone

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fabio
      Nice.
      Trying to download, but the link seems not work
      same problem
      MII 6000; 256 MB; lilliput touchscreen; 40GB; bluetooth SE 68i; software still experimenting switched from mediacar to frodopayer, phonecontrol, destinator 3 (NM), and others.
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31991

Comment

I have fixed the url now
        ----------------------------------------
        Http://www.zinknet.se
        Carweb 2.0 NOW FOR DOWNLOADING

Comment

Looks good :-)

Comment

did u do anything to the music player and other screens? there are so many new features (like search files...) that need to be put in the skins... thanks!
            '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

take a look at vortex's skin update... see the scrolling title on the menu screen? i think its nicer that way... seems as though there is just too much on that screen you made... but thats just me. (i guess its just personal preference)
              '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

update

is it better like this?
                Attached Files

Comment

yeah, definately... but what about putting the title on the top ... u have more room there. Also, perhaps you should leave the music/video/gps buttons as the larger ones since most people use that the most... waddya think? (just trying put in my 2 cents if u dont mind) thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chita79
                    yeah, definately... but what about putting the title on the top ... u have more room there. Also, perhaps you should leave the music/video/gps buttons as the larger ones since most people use that the most... waddya think? (just trying put in my 2 cents if u dont mind) thanks!
                    I agree... Music Video and GPS should be on the larger buttons.

Comment

seconded... in fact it would be perfect if all the 5 large buttons are swapped with the side buttons..

Comment

No please don't. Thats the whole point of aligning the most used buttons along the left side - Accessability from every screen. Take a look at the bfm screens or centrafuse; the ergonomics are the primary objective, i.e., nomatter where you are certain functions are always in exactly the same place. Unlike the brushed metal that was mentioned in another thread that hasdifferent sized return buttons in three or four different places with different name (YUK!). My opinion is this skin is heading in the right direction.

I have absolutely no skinning skills and probably should start, but just keeping up with the changes as Road Runner evolves keeps me busy on my three carPuters. I used to work in aircraft cockpit design with a "ergonomics fanatic" and some of his precepts have stayed with me. One thing you don't want at .9 Mach with missiles in the air is to have to remember where on the screen is the countermeasures button. Look at windows menus - File, Edit, View, etc, etc, etc always in the same place always with the same basic menu items.

I would love to design a skin that has 12 square buttons along the left border: music, XM, FM, TV, Video, DVD, GPS, Web, Phone, Apps, & Menu/return. Another column half the size of the first would be for volume, movement, and aplication specific buttons. The rest of the screen real estate would be available to the sub menus and applications.

I am using all 10" screens and I could care less about 80% of my GPS screen being used to show me 50% more of the left and right of my intended route and little or nothing ahead of me. My music player plugin displays the album art and song lyrics while the song is playing (karaoke style) and the more room I can give it the bigger I can make the fonts. My XM is no different the more room I have from top to bottom the more channels I can see.

Ultimately CDRSkull's flash skin would be great for my idea with the submenus extending from the first set of buttons which could then be reduced to Audio, Video, Comm, Apps, menu. And from Holistic's flash skin with the clock - take that top button (put the road runner logo on it) and make it extend from the left instead of the center. Those menu items would always be available regardless of the focus, but leave maximum screen space for running applications. The size of the buttons is of little consequence once you memorize their location and the never change!!!!!!!!

Just my two cents (been couped up in the house all day) with two broken computers.

Hey Leckan keep up the good work, looks great.
                        HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

oh, i guess i didnt realize that the left buttons would be accessible in every screen... nevermind then

Comment

update brushed

i working on my brushed skin to day a done the music player / brower.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I think the back button should be bottom left and big for the same reasoning as Gizmo described. The appearance buttoncould go to make way for it, in my opinion. On the main screen the back button could possibly become the exit.
                              Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
                              Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
                              Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

Working...
                              X