Flash RR Skin Beta Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash RR Skin Beta Release

I havent got as far as I would of liked with this skin. I havent given up just had loads to do the last few days. Its by no means finished and I still want to change a few things on the bits that I have done. This is different to most skins in that itself can be altered, as in the text in the menu can be changed, so if you dont have a radio, just replace the radio button with whatever you need. Look in each txt file for this. You can also change the txt color by altering the hex value in the txt files. In the menu.txt you can also set the clock background on or off, this will allow you to stick a car logo behind in your background. O yeah the backgound for each skin can be changed to whatever you want as the actual flash i've done is transparent.

The below skins are nearly finished..

Done(ish) -
    Menu
    Audio
    Audio Browser
    Video
    Video Browser
    Mixer

Need to do -
    GPS
    Radio
    TV
    Apps
    Skin

It should'nt really take me to long to finish it, just need some spare time !

I have tried to keep the effects to a minimum to allow it to run on the M10000

Anyway grab the beta version here, post your thought please

CdR
    Attached Files
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

remember its beta and its defo no way near finished ! I wanted to release this and the new version of FreeDrive together, just not had time. At least you can have a play with this and maybe create some new backgrounds for it

cheers

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Downloading now. It looks really good so far. I'll post actual comments later, and maybe some backgrounds for others I just wanted to say it's looking really good.
      7 inch Lilli TS in dash, Epia M10000, 200GB HD, 512MB Ram, USB WIFI, DVD/CD-RW, GPS

Comment

in a word....WOW.
        granted it is beta and it could use some tweaks, the work you've done here is phenom.....honestly floored man. good work!
        ...you know, that guy...

Comment

Looks great, but for some reason my sliders and progress bars aren't showing up. I just see directly through to the desk top where the sliders are supposed to be.

Comment

It works fine for me.. great by the way.. if you see direct through the desktop, maybe you need to update your flash version or RR version...

@CDR: I see now what you mean by sending the initial indicator states... RR is doing that, but it only sends the initials if they're ON! so basically, you can safely assume that all indicators are OFF until otherwise sent by RR saying that they have changed to a On/Off state.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
              It works fine for me.. great by the way.. if you see direct through the desktop, maybe you need to update your flash version or RR version...
              yes, I missed the 3-30 update of RR.

Comment

This is just one hell of an awesome skin with the flash and all, its just off the hook. Love it and great work CDR. Your work is much appreciated.
                Mark

Car'Puter Project
                - Xenarc 700TSV
                - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
                - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
                - M2-ATX
                - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
                - Garmin 15H GPS
                - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                  @CDR: I see now what you mean by sending the initial indicator states... RR is doing that, but it only sends the initials if they're ON! so basically, you can safely assume that all indicators are OFF until otherwise sent by RR saying that they have changed to a On/Off state.
                  ok m8, I will set the default state to off on them :-). Just wish I could find some spare time.. next week fingers crossed !
                  Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Nice Avatar

Edit: Oh and your skin looks really nice.
                    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                    Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Just downloaded to have a look at your work ..... looks mint ... well done, I doubt I'll use it myself in the car as its not powerful enough but all the same ... keep up the good work.

Comment

Anyone resolved the really high cpu usage and slowness? It looks great but it's unusable on my car pc since it is so slow.
                        Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
                        Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
                        Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

It works great here.. It uses high CPU when doing the animation stuff (anything that does anymations it's expected to)... I am typically a flash hater (I feel like you are too), and I go to the extreme of having flash disabled on all my web-browsers... but I do believe flash has great potential OUTSIDE the browser environment. I have the latest flash plugins and the CPU usage is not bad... Look at the attached Image:

Yellow circles show CPU usage when "resting" on the following screens respectively: Audio Player, Audio Browser and Main Menu.

The Red Circles indicate Peak Usage while SWITCHING/LOADING the skin for the VERY FIRST TIME. I did close and re-open RR between tests.

The Blue Circle shows CPU usage when using MPC, the initial load is while the video is confined into RR's skin and the last part is while in Full Screen -- basically the same I get when OUTSIDE RR.

You just can't expect anything that does fancy animations to not use CPU.. but regardless, my point of view is that if you don't ever use your CPU up to 100% you might just as well use a 286 for the job in hand...
                          Attached Files
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

You just can't expect anything that does fancy animations to not use CPU.. but regardless, my point of view is that if you don't ever use your CPU up to 100% you might just as well use a 286 for the job in hand...
                            Sure. The problem is that the skin is unusably slow when animating. E.g. it takes many seconds just for the menu to open. I'm sure there's some problem with flash on my machine compared to others since you aren't having the same problems. It feels like I'm running a 286...
                            Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
                            Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
                            Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

You're probably right man.. it doesn't take many seconds to do anything in this skin here.. it looks like one of those unreal "advanced" applications they show on TV and movies where there's a bunch of semi-transparent stuff moving and such.. as an example, when I click on the side menu (left) the sound that it makes when opening closing is perfectly synchronized with the time it takes to slide in/out. If I were you, I'd download the flash update file from RR's download faq, and update that Flash.ocx file (from my site as well) while at it.. there's no reason why your 1.9Ghz machine should run slow .. there's a bunch of people running a VIA CPU at 1Ghz and they don't have any performance issues even when using flash..
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X