No full screen OSK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No full screen OSK

Hi, this could be a kind of non-full screen osk. The UP/DOWN arrow in upper-right corner are 4 cycling between the two half. I think it should work.
    (skin file not ready yet). Dimension are 800x400, so 200 pixels free.
    Cheers.
    Attached Files

Dont know if this helps but i started to do my first steps with gimp...

Its part of the brushed alu i started to do.
    If anybody likes the psd's - pm me
    osk down isnt done so far -working 6 to 6

memy

Comment

For a non fullscreen osk, the idea is to GROUP buttons together, like Memy did with the numeric keys.. no need to add space for the text (since hopefully you'll see where you type). Probably best to reduce the size between the buttons when possible and reduce the big buttons's when needed. Furthermore, a merger of a normal-symbolic keyboard with the switching style like cyberlancer proposed might be in order.. I havent done any work towards improving this yet because I don't have a JPG+.SKIN set to test it with.. and I have not taken the time to try doing it myself (and wont if somebody comes up with a solution first)
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Would a mobile style OSK be any good?? Most of use use sms messages ... I'll do a mock up and post here.

Comment

2nd step

i (don't know how i didn't already do that .... ) removed the text window for blind typing ... hope tomorrow i'll be able to complete the .skin files.
          I'm afraid the layout's a bit messy, but think it's good for a try. When everything works it shouldn't be too difficult to design different layouts.
          In any case i think the arrows for cycling between different parts of the KB should be the best way to follow.
          Cheers.
          Attached Files

Comment

I think meme's OSK is great. Keys could be shorter though so the OSK doesn't take as much height. Having to hit a scroll button to switch between the rows of a QWERTY keyboard would annoy me no end. You have to have the whole alphabet on the screen at once. Use a toggle to switch between an "alphabet" view and a "character/number" view.

Comment

Is this any use??? Idea from CdRSkulls MapMonkey keyboard so credit is really to him as it is pretty much just a copy of the OSK.

Comment

think it's quite good ... just we need some extra button. How to type
                http://guino.home.insightbb.com , for example? .
                I say again, even if we can discuss about layout, the best way is to make different "slices" of a KB, being able to cycle between them. I think it's difficult to put all the buttons we need in a single screen (and leaving some free extra space for avoiding blind typing).

Comment

I say again, even if we can discuss about layout, the best way is to make different "slices" of a KB
                  Sorry if i didnt get that but does that mean that it would not be possible to run an osk with a "shift" button?
                  If its possible then i just would place the 3 btn's of the down row to the right side (making them a little smaller also) and save enough place to use about half screen for the osk.
                  (Even "my" one isnt that usefull because its alu-style)

Thanks
                  memy

Comment

A half screen osk with a shift button works only problem is it does not overlay on roadrunner properly at the moment when using one on applications it simply lines up at the top and blanks the rest of the screen. It also appears that you must have a textbox on your keyboard else searchlist and URL wont work. This textbox can be minimal size but needs to be there. If anyone else has tried it and got it to work please let me know.

Comment

yeah... it would be very nice to have more than just letters & numbers, some special characters and symbols would be nice for the "Dr. Dre" searches.... (for example).

Guino, when should we be expecting a full library search in RR?
                      '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

I'll update the OSK I've done so far with special characters etc

Comment

Working...
                        X