Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview: Color-coded skin

UPDATE: THe skin is now available from http://www.rutlands.com/Rutlands.zip

It's been updated a bit. Let me know what you think. This is just the RR skin for the moment, if you want the MM settings ask me or search the other posts on RR hiding menus/scrollbars.

Here is a skin that I've made for RR & MM. It's aimed mainly for GPS and Playlist screens.

http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthre...366#post453366

If anyone wants it I'll have it ready to host next week.

Originally posted by ruairi
    Here is a skin that I've made for RR & MM. It's aimed mainly for GPS and Playlist screens.
    I like that a lot. Great effort.
    Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
    LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

dang, you stuck a playlist in the GPS screen.. that's a first...
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

the color coding is great.... top skin
        Food goes in here..... that's right ... mmmmm

Comment

Hey ruari, how are you getting on with your skin? It looks great, can't wait to see it in the flesh.

REP CLUB IS DEAD
          LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Any chance for the photoshop files, or can you adapt this one for Neo Media Car?

Very nice job.
            Car : Hyundai Tucson
            Carpc :
            Lilliput 7" touchscreen indash 90% done
            PSU : M2-ATX
            Epia M10K /512DDR/80GB Maxtor
            Software : Windows XP Pro 100% done
            RR with DigitalFX skin
            In car : 80% done

Comment

I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT.
              Now preferably.
              And it must work with FreeDrive also
              Another Novice?
              Progress so far <-------*-> 88%
              Kenwood MPV5025 with Aux
              Via MII10000
              512MB Ram
              LG Slim DVD\CDRW
              Xenarc 700TS
              M1ATX
              Pharos GPS
              SYBA USB2.0 4-port Hub
              Bufalo 54Mbs Wirelessb/g PCMCIA card

Comment

This skin is now available please check post #1 for the download link.

Comment

Originally posted by ruairi
                  This skin is now available please check post #1 for the download link.
                  Hi Ruairi, thanks for releasing the skin. Just tried it out and can get to menu from the Roadrunner cartoon screen by pressing escape but how do you get to the other features? Have I missed something?

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                  LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention, I don't use the menu skin, you need to set RR to go to GPS screen (MM) when it starts. There is a menu skin but there are no buttons on it! So in "Start command to execute: GPS" and make sure MapMonkey is you GPS app.

I didn't design a menu because the other options are available on the AudioBrowser/VideoBrowser skin. Also there is no audioPlayer skin to keep it as simple as possible.

I try to keep the amount of screens to a minimum to keep it simple.

The originals graphics I have them in PNG format, I'm using Fireworks instead of PhotoShop. Most graphic apps should import PNGs. I put these on the Web if anyone wants them.http://www.rutlands.com/rutlands_source.zip PM me if you want more info on these screens and buttons.

I've updated the menu screen so it now has one huge button that lets you click and go to the GPS screen.

Comment

lol, now you mention it. I was pressing on the coyote and the roadrunner all the time to see what happened. It's a nice menu image, hehe.

Comment

I'm impressed with the skin and functionality of it. I'm only running it on the desktop but it looks great. I like the size of the buttons and the response speed. Also the additional options in the GPS screen are a good feature. Just a couple of things. There seem to be some strange artifacts that flash up in the mixer screen when the mouse is run over the sliders, have you found this? Secondly, the elapsed time and track time fonts extend beyond the confines of the boxes. Is there any way of changing the font or font size. I had a look but couldn't find a reference to it. That's probably down to me though.

I'm going to try it in the car over the weekend. Fantastic effort, well done for all your hard work.

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                        LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by rustyboxx
                          I'm impressed with the skin and functionality of it. I'm only running it on the desktop but it looks great. I like the size of the buttons and the response speed. Also the additional options in the GPS screen are a good feature. Just a couple of things. There seem to be some strange artifacts that flash up in the mixer screen when the mouse is run over the sliders, have you found this? Secondly, the elapsed time and track time fonts extend beyond the confines of the boxes. Is there any way of changing the font or font size. I had a look but couldn't find a reference to it. That's probably down to me though.

I'm going to try it in the car over the weekend. Fantastic effort, well done for all your hard work.
                          I've change the MIXER screen so it now shows more of the background than the flash background. I've aligned the track times in the MM screen as requested. I hope this tidies up those issues. Download the ZIP again and check it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X